Saturday, May 11, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2078

• VLR_McGee
  • VLR_McGee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 56
hey guys just curious..went 2 my mr results and saw my 1st online race in browser was jan 14, 2008..joined vlr later that yr. y'all ck yours 2 and lemme know what it says. :lol: i got a 3 yr anniversary comin up. dang, i cannot believe i've been playing that long, but i'm sure some guys much longer. also curious 2 ask the guys who have raced on here longer than me as to when they peaked or if they have yet lol. kinda feel like i have..not winning that much more thats 4 sure but maybe driving a little smarter..definately gettin older lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2082

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
I got started in the summer of 2000 when i got DTR as a early birthday present and was hooked forever..First few weeks I was either racing , or checking sites like online racing, 4m, WFO/WROS, for any or all info on this new game.. Started to get pretty good with the games ai thought I would venture out to race online and was a diaster at first..Finally a few good guys started helping me and things just started to jell for me.. I would like to thank Chris Murphy, Jeb Friedman, Hoosier24 { Paul Bayne} Mike Knepley, Dirtwizard {Rick Crank}, Warrior { Jessie Quigley} and so many others for all the help knowledge and skills they helped develope for this game.. Later on I started racing leagues and joined the Dirtwizard team where I met Flash24 and Lyonharte { Rick Fraiser Sr and Jr.} from DTR we branched into the new DTR2 and the rest most know as Dirtwizard was a super site and did tons of stuff for both DTR and DTR2 started the NSDRA and ran leagues everynight of the week.. I very proud of what Dirtwizard and all the other editors, painters, racers did for these games and proud to me a member of this community.. Thanks also to Shock for giving me a new home and to help me give back to the newer guys what we had back in the golden years.. Thanks McGee for a great post and should be fun to watch this one..Yenko2 / Al Lewis
Attachments:

Last edit: by yenko2.

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2086

• JDS13
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
Started in 1999 racing nascar games, "BORING" Went to DTR then to dtrsc and to dtr2, with some more "Boring" nascar, now i run SBS lates in Rfactor, and dtr2. tryed the painting thing, the vidio thing, and still love it today, even that "BORING " nascar lol!!!
BE WHO YOU ARE NOT WHO THEY WANT YOU TO BE!!!

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2090

• VLR_McGee
wow yenko u really are "old school" then. heck i found the disc in my mother's drawer in her computer room in '07 i think..been loving dirt racing since i was old enough 4 pop 2 take me, so thought i'd ck out the thing. after a few months or so of racing against the computer cars i noticed the "multiplayer" option and "browser" and after several different racing names, the rest is history lol. jds, i'd hafta call u "old school" as well. hope u not 2 mad at me, bud but i 4got 2 hit replay after the crate feature. jw won the race from the pole..pretty much dominated..lineup was 2.dk[3],3.ice[97],4.f1[1],5.vlr[53],6.v6[6],7.hyper[9]8.bls22[22]9.bls34[34]10.db[15]. ice finished 2nd and i got 3rd..think v6 was 4th behind me. dk and f1 got together up in front of me and were still together as i passed to the outside..saw v6's nose under me 1 time so got up on the wheel and brought her home 3rd. sorry again 4 forgetting the replay, jds..not used 2 saving them.

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2091

• WFO Rainman
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Team WFO - Since Before VLR
  • Thank you received: 36
Neato! So far a decent thread going here hu? I am not sure exactly when i started. My first set i saved was like mar04 but i ran dtr offline for quite sometime. The original WFO Clan started me out. W*F*O*K* helped me out quite a bit back then. Most would meet in browser. and set up full races in browser. was different animal back then. No one really bitched about lag and warp. it was going to happen. Or even having to race Shock a few years back, Holy begeezub! I remember my first good run at iggr. Actually passed Mach8 on last lap for 3rd at spindal. OMG i was so excited. I still feel the same way now days when lucky enough to pick up a few spots in a feature. I can say with my experience on here the competition is tougher then ever. Plus with how easy it is to get so many sets any more. The more time you put it in game the more it will reflect.. Now i usually just show up race time. Some tracks im good at out of the box others i wont find it till halfway through feature. but it keeps the game fresh for me workin from scratch at beginin of every race. Best advice i can give is to work with only a few sets that you are comfortable with. I work of off 3base sets and rarely save changes. Because for me if i dont run a track for sometime and come back to it my wheel maybe a little different. my style may have changed. better server. any little thing will change feel of setup. ofcourse i save some track setups but for most i do tweak on the run. Always changing for me. This is supposed to be fun. itsa game. but when it comes to racing. It Happens!
Take'r Easy, If She's easy take'r twice Now Let's Get it ON!!!
Attachments:

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2098

sept 2004 first year i ran dtrs been on since just not online all time but i have learned alote and meet alote ppl since then things have changed alote in 6 years and im still here

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2101

played the dtr2 for the fist time at Davenport Ia in a full size simulator in 2003, got to talking with the guys that built and ran the simulator, found out what game it was and immediately bought it. have been playing it offline ever since. Need a new challenge and after finding this site it's like I have new game again, I have been like a kid in candy store on the downloads page, great site, good guys that help, looks like I found something to fill the void of racing between october and april.

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2102

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
i honestly dont know when i started racing , back in dtr1 days, but i did find an old post on an old message board that i wrote

evracing.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=b...n=display&thread=205

i briefly scanned those forums , and i think that was my first post on there?

gotta look at the date

edit to add :
MARS FreaKy FaLL'04 DTR2 LM League
Race#02 Bayou_Raceway - Omega Security

Heat #1
Top 2 spots xfer to AMain rest to DMains

18:47 Monday September 20 2004
server_name: "EVRacing31"
server_comment: "batcave131"
track: "Bayou Raceway"
laps: 15
damage: "Off"
tyre_wear: "On"
participants: 8
1,EVR_MuDtHaNg,Stanger 2000,217.032394,14.323929,15,1008
2,EVR_Budman,Monacan GT,217.242783,14.253799,15,903
3,IGGR_Pa,Monacan GT,218.996017,14.347702,15,803
4,IGGR Mach8,Stanger 2000,220.065491,14.429123,15,600
5,noles-44,Stanger 2000,221.170029,14.380325,15,500
6,ASR_Joe,Monacan GT,222.783005,14.429123,15,400
7,EVR_79,Monacan GT,225.518051,14.639511,15,300
8,BLR_DeadBolt,Monacan GT,226.044022,14.709641,15,700

i found that in the forums over there too
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Last edit: by DeadBolt.

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2127

I agree with Rainman with the cool thread, and McGee on the old bit...!!!! Neat.... Yenko is the oldest...!!!
Been at it too long myself, but like a good book, hard to put down. Fun to edit, and satisfying to slide..
For me it was about June of 2001 I DL the DTR-SC demo, then the DTR-Australia Demo and was hooked after that. I went straight out and bought the disc, and been a kid ever since. That's like going backwards isn't it????!!!!
How I wish.

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2128

• WFO Rainman
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Team WFO - Since Before VLR
  • Thank you received: 36
yea. rolandt??? i did work for him to get rfactor on his simulator.. he didnt have a limit. i told him only so much i could do.. fun as hell to hop in that thing though. wish i could get in contact with him again.
Take'r Easy, If She's easy take'r twice Now Let's Get it ON!!!

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2133

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
I got DTR in 2001 and was hell against the computer. I never used any sets and played it against the computer for 4 months and then my dad came over to race and thought it turned like a real car and broke my steering wheel off!!! So I didnt play anymore until July 2006 when I got DTR2 and once again I was hell against the computer and noticed the multi-player button and decided to go see how good i was against real players. I found out really quick what a good set would do cause I was convinced the people was cheating when I was getting lapped every race. I was told to go to EVR and get some sets. I was instantly competitive with the middle of the pack guys and I was then HOOKED!!! As I got better people would start hooking me up with sets and then Xpress gave me his and I started winning and running leagues. The rest as they say is history!!!
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2137

• TXR_99!
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • WIMS #74 Mini Sprint
i started racing back in the winter of 2001 used to go by the name Wingwalker but then changed names to shep04 later
I had to fight all my life to survive. They were all against me... but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch.

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2141

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
I started DTR2 Multiplayer in July of 2009. I had ran DTRSC offline for about 4 months, then my PC hard drive crashed, and when I bought a new hard drive, I forgot to take the game CD out and threw it away :unsure: After looking everywhere for DTRSC I came across DTR2 and fell in love, Offline :silly: When finally gettin tired of racing AI's I hit multiplayer. Tried to stay clean (so I wouldn't get kicked outta browser) but got passed quick, and was always .2 slower. Mcgee, Buck, Karl, Slammer, M!ck, Bill, Chris, Dirk and a lot of other Do!t's helped me race hard. Mcgee was one I loved to watch win. He would be so clean and so fast, that I wanted to race just like him and I wanted to be on his team. But I was so slow! Karl said go to www.Doitracing.com and get my EVR_RP 2009 sets, and I was like nah I wanna run my own and learn myself, after a cpl months I went and got his sets :woohoo: , man I was racin!!! I run real 900 and 1200 mini sprints competitivley and to lose by laps down was not in my vocabulary. And now, after being on 3 great teams (GLH, VLR, BLS) I am running with the Big Dogs now! :side: Thank You Very Much, ALL the people that helped me learn to put skins and tracks in the game, cause that was the hard part! Thank You Shock and F1 for my Skins, and Thank YOU DTR2 community, YOU ALL ROCK!!! And another big thanks to Shock for letting me on my DTR2 heros (Mcgee) team, wish things were different and I were still there, but Team BLS is bout to do some damage to the team point system, we almost have enough drivers to compete with DO!T Racing and take them off the top of the charts. Only in points tho because team DO!T, like it or not, Are legends to DTR2!!!
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2148

• VLR_McGee
jsn, i truely appreciate the compliments, bud but from the time i could walk or shortly after the men who drove the real dirt cars at cherokee speedway in gaffney, sc were all heroes to me. what makes your post mean so much more to me is the fact that you are 1 of those guys that i watched and u call me a hero :laugh: ...u know what i mean...as i've said before u race the "real" cars that those like me that never had the opportunity to drive can only dream about. u wreck on here or get wrecked then u get pissed a few minutes hollar at some ppl in vent maybe or just leave [like i try 2 do before saying something i may regret later..lol] next race we have a new ride and not a scratch on us. bigggg diff in a hero i am and the hero i'm sure u are to many a youngun just like i was. maybe you'll let me sit in your car when we visit next summer :laugh: ...i'm sure little ryan would love that 2...thx 4 the post jason, again truely meant alot 2 me, bro.

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2149

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 44
I started racing the summer of 1966 but not as a driver but a owner, didn't do much untill 1969 when I started driving SemiLate stockcars, I remember cutting up a few 55 ford crown victorias and then a few 55, 56 chevys, that was all fun untill 1974 when the first year of Late Model race cars started to swarm the country, then it got serious, I ran the NCRA Lates until 1991 then tried a IMCA Mod for a year and relized im old. and then one day in 1998 my son, Weebs (DTR name)gave me a game called Power Slide made by Rat Bag Games. Man did I love that game, (I still Have it) then came DTR got it right away and me and my son was racing all the time he was Unit 1 and I was Unit 2 haha funny names. The very day DTR2 came on my 58th Bday I went to the mall and bought it, and started playing, man did I suck on that joy stick. After a year or so I bought a wheel and changed my name from Krasher to Roundy Pounder. Boy did I love this game. I was always in the EVR server. Talk about Heros, OH MY GOD they were all there the best and the fastest. After a few years I was nominated to be involved with the EVR Bunch and I got to tell they were the greatest felles you'll ever want to know. I have to say Jamie was a master at picking players. In 2005 some of the EVR team went to other games leaving about 18 players to the browsers , not much league racing to do but a few did like EVR_Kevin and EVR_Bumpnrun. EVR_^V^ , EVR_Lenny and a few more. EVR was in limbo for 2 years then EVR_Shadow handed the team to me and thats how Doit got started, a Blend of old and new and still a bunch of good down to earth people that luv to race.
and we get new players every day and I hope we have a few more years or until DTR3 come out.
see ya on the track, Howie Doit

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2155

Thats really cool Doit 5 I wish my dad would race online with me, but he helps on my e-mod in real life so i cant complain,And not that it matters but I starten running this game in the middle of last winter so im goin on a year and it has been great ,and thanks to everyone that has helped me. ERL-TURBO, ERL-GOAT, VLR-SHOCK, BLS-DEADBOLT, AND VLR-MCGEE

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2157

• Jammin
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • Mess with the bull get the horns
  • Thank you received: 7
I started in feb of 07 had dtr2 for 3years before that but couldnt play it cause my pc was junk once i was able to play it i hit the multi player to see what was up and started racing i was like ice these guys are cheetn there asses off i cant even keep up someone told me were to get sets i found some and wow been hooked ever since
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: when did u start? 13 years 5 months ago #2365

i received DTR2 as a christmas gift 2003, started racing online at IDRS in the spring of 2004. With the help of Crazy Canuck, I started to edit tracks, paint cars, etc. Summer of 2004 Don Ruth (DR56) and James Fosnight (JF8) helped me to start the Saturday Night Outlaws. Brad Miller joined in and helped keep it going until 2009 when we ran our last race. I haven't raced DTR2 for about a year and a half now, but I still get on here to see what's going on these days :)

Re: when did u start? 12 years 1 week ago #29511

April 30th, 2012

Re: when did u start? 12 years 1 week ago #29516

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
I had dtr1 as a kid like when I was 10 or 11 but I didn't get to play it much. Bought dtr2 probably the first day it came out but didn't play it much either. I think I sold dtr1 to a kid at school for like $5 in 2003 or 2004. Then I moved to Tennessee and one day played dtr2 online just to see what it was like and I got beat and lapped bigtime on keys and with 0% realism etc.

No one told me what I was doing wrong when I asked them how to go fast. All they said was "practice" instead of telling me to put my realism at 100% and get setups. I thought it would be near impossible to make up 3 seconds a lap just by practicing. Finally a guy named "ShortTrk" I think told me to change my realism to 100%, and by this time I had some setups finally. As soon as I did that I ran a 10.55 at Huset's my first race and beat him even I think, and he was very surprised. After that I was hooked on it but I had dial up so I couldn't race much. Then 2007 I got DSL and have been racing more since. Before that I could barely race at all and never got to run any leagues hardly. HRL was the first team I joined, then I was on XRL and then I made VLR.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 58 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form