Wednesday, May 01, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41322

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483

BLS_F1yer wrote: The best thing about what we are trying to get made isnt changing the game itself.It is making a new de2 editor so we can now edit de2 files in full instead of like 20% of it,and make new de2 files which will have unlimited vertices and can make tracks and chassis look as real as it gets.But like u said Karl maybe whoever we use for this project can figure out more stuff to help us improve the game.From what i have gathered over the time ive played dtr2 and spoken to people that left,the looks of the game is the biggest issue and this project will fix that by leaps and bounds.

F1yer, I didn't really read the post you made on that site since I have kinda read it before, but please make sure that the program they make will allow us to edit the texture verts in dtr2 and make them as bright as we want and all that. Or just export them to a CSV file. Though if you could do it inside the editor or w/e if they make one then that would be even better
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41332

That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im in just let me know when you need it!

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41402

• BLS_34
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 27
^bump

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41403

At my local track there is a street stock guy that has like 90 degree camber on the right front and carries the left front in the turns. lol

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41404

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 44
Why?
would anyone want the left front to come off the track in the turns, wouldn't that be like giving uo 25% of your grip?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WFO_Greezy

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41410

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Let me help you with that Karl. The following picture is of Danny Varin at The Fonda Speedway. Driving the Magsarus #93. Teo Chassis. This picture is nothing compared to what he did with the car at other times but the left front is still up in the air nonetheless.

Now, as anybody thats around racing knows, in most cars, power is provided from the rear tires (the exception is 4 cyl cars where, as far as I know, most are front wheel drive) The car above, as I said earlier is a Teo Pro Car. One of the hardest modified chassis to lift the left front on, yet Danny here is known for driving that car around 80% of the half mile track with that tire lifted upwards of about 6 inches off the ground and sometimes more. Danny drove the car around like that to put an end to the 2012 track champion Stewart Friesen's winning streak (having won the first 5 regular season races) So no, lifting the left front does not decrease your grip any.

Now, before you say something along the lines of "Well thats a big block modified. Nobody other than you northerners give 2 craps about those cars." The following pic is of driver Jeremy Cramer. Same track, IMCA Modified.

We all know that when it comes to UMP/IMCA/USMTS cars, they are virtually all the same across the nation. And this car was known to go entirely around the historical half mile with the tire up in the air lap after lap after lap. He was also one of the most winningest drivers during that car classes stay at Fonda.

Now why do we want this in the game? Well hell, theres only one reason I want it like that, it looks God Dang AWESOME.

(I wanted to post a picture of a winged 305 sprinter with the left front up but I could not find the picture I took. Brittany Tresch has done it on 2 occaisions that I know of recently. So it does happen.)
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41417

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 44
I guess i never thought of front wheel drive. The reason I ask was in ref to lates, because in discussion with Billy moyer he tried the left tire lift for 2 years and said when he quit messn with all that stuff he started going faster and winning a few. and when I look at lap times in the late 90's early 2000's a lot of record laps still stand strong and the left front tire was on the ground. I actually seen a late pull both fronts off the ground every lap and he never missed a beat. but back probly b4 you was born the NDRA felles was the chit and hold hundreds of track records, especially the punk Jeff Purvis he was just 20 years old when I ment him he was bad fast. big strohs beer drinker. just asking why don't seem like it could be any faster just looks cool i guess.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41419

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
I very rarely get to see late models race in person up here (was over a year ago since the Lucas Oil Lates rained out at Fonda this year) so I don't think I've ever seen them lift the left front off the ground, but then again a Late Model is an entirely different kind of beast than the modifieds I dream of racing in one day.

I know at the Syracuse mile, when the WoO Sprints ran there during SDW, theres pics of some of them wheelie-ing down the backstretch. I've seen pictures of Dave Blaney doing it actually.

But if I were in an area where late models were bigger, I'd be watching them and learning those they way I've learned about mods in my 20 years of being at the track. (Was at Fonda 2 weeks after I was born)
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41423

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
I know when I used to go to the IMCA Nationals in Boone alot of the fast guys was pulling the left front off...Something was working
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41425

the best thing would be is bigger servers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRF_Dirt!

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41433

• demonic
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • SOMETIMES A REAL DICK
  • Thank you received: 32

Icefighter wrote: I know when I used to go to the IMCA Nationals in Boone alot of the fast guys was pulling the left front off...Something was working

thats is because the cross weight would give the right rear tire more bite
and yes more verts in dtr2 would let us make some better tracks & chassis

Last edit: by demonic.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41437

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
The Mods I have always watched race, had the fast guys raising the left front, and I can prolly tell ya why! In my mini-sprint when we had it really hooked up and the track was nice n tacky, I would be putting so much tork on the right rear that it would lift the left front. When I did that the car took off like a rabbit being chased by a lion. I needed my lil tires to stay down to controll the slide but it did pull off the corner pretty good, it's just a form of the setup, some can, some can't!!!
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41487

• JFR 4H
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm On One
  • Thank you received: 118
If the future involves Ice...It's not looking very bright.

You guys sure the money isn't going for you to sneak and cheat with grip?
It's such a shame, They gonn miss this plane.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41488

• F1yer
  • F1yer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
We can leave the game lookin like shit and just race.Less work for me.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Last edit: by F1yer.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41492

• JFR 4H
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm On One
10-4, Works for me.

Im afraid if we mix it up, Ice or someone might become the best in the world.

Im just wantin to make sure it doesn't help the hypershifters and track dopers.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41498

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Faschek does have a good point. But I don't think it would help anyone trying to cheat, because editing the de2 is the only real way to cheat at editing tracks. But when you do that your car is OBVIOUSLY not running the same track as the other ones. Like if you added more banking to the track your car would be floating above everyone else. So it's very easy to see visually.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41508

• JFR 4H
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm On One
Like i said, im willing to donate, just don't want it to make the cheaters happy

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41513

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46

ERL_J-MAC wrote: Let me help you with that Karl. The following picture is of Danny Varin at The Fonda Speedway. Driving the Magsarus #93. Teo Chassis. This picture is nothing compared to what he did with the car at other times but the left front is still up in the air nonetheless.

Now, as anybody thats around racing knows, in most cars, power is provided from the rear tires (the exception is 4 cyl cars where, as far as I know, most are front wheel drive) The car above, as I said earlier is a Teo Pro Car. One of the hardest modified chassis to lift the left front on, yet Danny here is known for driving that car around 80% of the half mile track with that tire lifted upwards of about 6 inches off the ground and sometimes more. Danny drove the car around like that to put an end to the 2012 track champion Stewart Friesen's winning streak (having won the first 5 regular season races) So no, lifting the left front does not decrease your grip any.

Now, before you say something along the lines of "Well thats a big block modified. Nobody other than you northerners give 2 craps about those cars." The following pic is of driver Jeremy Cramer. Same track, IMCA Modified.

We all know that when it comes to UMP/IMCA/USMTS cars, they are virtually all the same across the nation. And this car was known to go entirely around the historical half mile with the tire up in the air lap after lap after lap. He was also one of the most winningest drivers during that car classes stay at Fonda.

Now why do we want this in the game? Well hell, theres only one reason I want it like that, it looks God Dang AWESOME.

(I wanted to post a picture of a winged 305 sprinter with the left front up but I could not find the picture I took. Brittany Tresch has done it on 2 occaisions that I know of recently. So it does happen.)

Sorry to bust your bubble there Jman but yes...lifting the left front...will and does drasticly decrease the grip of the car. In that 1st pic all I see is the car rollin over..."probably right before exit of the corner" causing the left front to probably hop.As far as tote'n the left that shi*ts done with the setup of the car and not necesaraly from the torque of the motor.I can make the car carry the front just by simply increasing the length of the pull bar.To be honest the only one I hear here that seems to be in touch with reality on this subject here is Karl.Most guys set the car up to tote the left front for the very exact same reason you said youd like to have that option in this game..."because it LQQks coooooo! If you watch the best in the buisness guys like Moyer or Bloomer youll notice they tend to keep thier sh*t on the ground.They also do this for a reason.Grip!..."and the most possible of" Sticking to the basics is always the best rule of thumb when it comes to setting up a race car. Fk lQQkin coooo! All that usually will get you is about a 1/2 sec or more off what you could be turnin.It is however a ton of fun to lay back w/the left front up and the azz hangin out.When the track disapears from your view you'll get a sensation of fly'n,but I was always one to put emphasis on goin fast and not on lookin cool.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41514

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46
Hey Joe,my apologies for seemingly hijackin your thread. I didnt start it tho lol,I was just reading the forum and simply made a response.Didnt realise what thread this was till after I posted. again vry sry man!

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41515

• F1yer
  • F1yer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
it was turned to $hit before you came in anyway
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 82 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form