Thursday, May 02, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41280

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 44
From the response the forum is getting we might hit a lick and really get a guy that might be able to figure out a few things.
I spent over 2k on code writers trying to make DTR2 better, it takes time figuring it out and getting it right, the guy that created my server side tattletale software told me the exact same things im seeing in the forums 2 years ago. My software was created with VB C++ it took a year to get it right. Its hard to change the game much without the original source codes. I commend flyer and shock and all the others that have manipulated the tracks and cars as good as they have done. Its a drulling drug out job and very time consuming. 2 years ago I hired a guy to make me a new EXE for Doit, after several months of trying he failed to make it work. It wasn't wasted time I learned alot about DTR2 and why its so hard to change, its a stand alone program that was designed before the gaming community coop together to build games on the same platform, the source code is like a puzzle you have to decipfer to gain entry. That being said it was suggested to me we should use the newer Quake 3 engine and start over and recreate the exact game on the more friendly Q3 platform, better grafix and most importantly a more tolerant server draw. on an average of 1 gig bandwith the Q3 platform would support 32 players without lagging issues and the newer battlefield engine can support 64 players with a 1 gig server. The thing that has baffeled me is when the game was released in November of 1999 few had Cable we were on dial up connections and I never noticed much lagg. for the Record I'm for anything that will improves the game and I'll pitch in for support.
My top 10 DTR3 game ideas goes like this:
1. 32 - 64 players
2. automatice line ups points, rank, reverse or random or lifetime points and keep points tally per series
3. allow multiple series configurations
4. Pit area for waiting to race or line ups without leaving the game server
5. lifetime points and achivements and awards basicly a ranking system
6. spectator viewer for those that want to watch without participation
7. built in team speak communicator
8. Punkbuster that automaticly boots players that have altered anything other than setups
9. Auto yellow flags that knows when a car spins out and resets accordingly
10. Automatic drying of the track from heat to feature

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41288

• F1yer
  • F1yer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
The best thing about what we are trying to get made isnt changing the game itself.It is making a new de2 editor so we can now edit de2 files in full instead of like 20% of it,and make new de2 files which will have unlimited vertices and can make tracks and chassis look as real as it gets.But like u said Karl maybe whoever we use for this project can figure out more stuff to help us improve the game.From what i have gathered over the time ive played dtr2 and spoken to people that left,the looks of the game is the biggest issue and this project will fix that by leaps and bounds.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41292

my favorites from ur list karl is #s 1)...makes it so that we can have an actual car count for the feature. 4)...im not sure whar u really mean but it sounds cool :). 6)...i wanna see the great races in the features, and wanna see who im gonna have to TRY and pass to make it to the feature from the b-main 9)...makes it so that we dont have to drive backwards and screem caution and we dont have to try and figure out who was where. and 10)...that would just b plain cool!!!

Last edit: by WON11.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41295

I'm no wizard but carl is right about using a new game engine, I have found that the way it is written even if you change they amount of players it would lag so bad it would not be any fun . The idea that flyer wants may be possible and might be the only thing you can change, but you may see more lag in game if you increase the graphics.I have spent months looking at and trying to understand the code but still ways to go.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41296

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
This shouldnt cause any lag because its actually not increasing the graphics.This will allow us to make models with more vertices.The cars will still use the same 512 texture size so its not going to make it read as a higher resolution and it shouldnt accelerate the 3d graphics anymore than it is now.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41297

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
I'm in for a good chunk100-300. What ever it takes. Am also very inspired by our togetherness when it comes to improving this game we obviously all love .Good work guys!

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41298

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
I agree, just cleaning up the lines is like a 420 resolution vs a 720 theres room for that as its loaded from each individuals own computer and also by uping the the amount of de2 nodes that can be edited and to be able to import and export item will change the the appearence 100% + Its possible that the right coder could put a whole new spin on things to come, as a strong racing community we owe it to ourselves to give a ear to what these guys can offer us.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41299

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296

BLS_Ray wrote: I'm in for a good chunk100-300. What ever it takes. Am also very inspired by our togetherness when it comes to improving this game we obviously all love .Good work guys!

Dysfunctional family values at their best! I give it a week and we'll be back at each others throats until something about this or like this comes up.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41300

so with this new upgrade we r talkin bout will it make so that its possible to carrie the left front? :blush:

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41301

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
no it has nothing to do with physics

A11 wrote: so with this new upgrade we r talkin bout will it make so that its possible to carrie the left front? :blush:

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41302

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
A11, i'm not sure about that but I hope the efforts will be spent on more important things like.
1. development of new editing software
2. enhanced graphic production
3. Chassis building development
4. sound enhancments
5. a bandwith doubler

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41303

ya i was just wonering :unsure:

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41304

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
We already have the technology to make the cars lift the left front. But according to the man that knows more than the rest of us about chassis building, it makes the cars almost impossible to drive......so having cars that lift the left front is a dream that we can try to make work some other time.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41306

ok, how bout just gettin the left rear hiked up? :blush:

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41307

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
then you have a gen 4

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41308

g4s do that?

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41309

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
they are hiked up and twisted a bit

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41310

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Only car I've seen lift the left rear was a 4 cyl. And the Gen4 only looks like its lifting up. Its not really, just a visual thing.

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41311

where can i get the four cylinder?

Re: DTR2 future 11 years 7 months ago #41316

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
no no no. I meant in real life. At one of the local tracks a few years ago, one of the 4 cyl was lifting the left rear thru the turn. I don't know of any that do that in the game.

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 54 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form