Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

DTR2: Can it be saved or improved on ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3180

• yenko2
  • yenko2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
Not saying DTR2 is dead but you can see a noticable difference in the interest in the game in the past few months.. My question to all of you that still play is what can we as a community do to keep as many people interested and playing the game.. So just start throwing out ideas and thoughts and maybe we can come up with something that will grap peoples attention back to the game... 1] My 1st thought would be getting a new DTR from some good realiable company that keeps the ease of adding addons, editing the game , but has more classes that are realistic and more real tracks, series etc.. Online should have at least 20 drivers in the racing action, fix warp and lag issues..Kinda combine r/factor to DTR2 and it would be great..2] Get the word out that DTR2 is alive and well here on TeamVLR and other sites and we aren't going away anytime soon.So post your ideas thoughts or whatevers and see what we can come up with..Thanks yenko2
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by yenko2.

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3181

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned DTR2 needs 20 drivers in the racing action at once, not more than that tho. That is the BIGGEST reason people are leaving DTR2 and going to RFactor.Only being able to run 10 cars out of 30 or 40 gets very frustrating when you see the same 5-8 people making the A's. IMO u MUST have a GREAT setup to run RFactor! I have a wheel and I cant get the RFactorLates to turn or go more than 3 laps, and that is very fustrating, I do like the BOZ2010 sprints, but starting a small track, even offline, is next to impossible for me with all the glitching. Stock Car Evolution however is an awesome mod for rfactor, if u like Nascar racing, and running the SCE Daytona 500 was really glitchy with 43 people. But in total reality, DTR2 is IMO the best online racing game to Date, it just needs more drivers in the servers, up to 20 is perfect, to me the only thing that really needs changed!!!
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!
Attachments:

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3182

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
THat's because rFactor sucks. You can't even do anything offline and the cars don't handle good because the dirt mods all suck. If they were good they wouldn't have to keep making new ones. The asphalt mods in rFactor are a lot better.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3183

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
I was a beta tester way back when for the Dirt Heat mod for NASCAR Heat and it was terrible game to a newbie to learn and adjust to..The only way too be fast was to use the NASCAR setups and don't slide around but the cars looked great..Now I see they can throw the car around and hike up the lf like a real lm and make chassis choices and adjustments just like in real but to me I still feel like its dirt cars on pavement but thats just my opinion.... DTR2 has been the best dirt game and has alot of great things going for it..its not eye candy so most moved to rfactor or other converts for the graphics and physics..DTR2 just needs a bit of a overhaul and add some things..Just wishful thinking though as there isn't any hopful game designers looking to do this and even if they did they would probably ruin it like they did Saturday Night Speedway...Wish someone would show interest and ask people what they want or need to make a better game..I know its been done and tried before and nothing came of it but I think we as a community should try and get something done to improve the game on our own..I know there are game programers out there that still and maybe 1 or 2 would or could be pointed in this direction, there use to be people in our community that could have possibly done this years ago.. I mean if 1 good new DTR style game came out I think it could sell very well if it was true to the sport..Again jmo but DTR2 is still the King in SIMS and always be..yenko2
Attachments:

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3185

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
i remember slidjob bandit done some editing to dtr2 with the user interface.if someone could convince him there is still alot of interest in dtr2 maybe a few editors like shock and myself and him could get together and come up with a way we could to renew this old game we all love.
there is no game made to date that races as good as dtr2.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3189

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 44
There are a handful of teams that has a lot to do with this game still being alive. VLR_Shock is at the top of the list with this informational web site, the tracks he has created. BLS_F1yer is second with his awesome tracks and Cars he has created, all these efforts has gave a longer lasting appeal to the DTR2 game. Doit is 3rd with reviving the old EVR team that has brought many racers back from retirement, we always have a browser server up to help new players have a place to race and learn the game. Doit has made many efforts to make things better with what we have, with Right Call and Time Slot owning, and the recognition that we must all participate in some kind of league races. Most the time the DTR community is so closed minded that a lot of good ideas get shot down before there ever tried. Then we have a Team or two that could care less about DTR or any race participation or trying anything that don't fit their way. I'm sure we have a year or so left with game unless something comes along better. but after that I believe its a gonner. There are a few that has been here from the beginning like myself, that has gave this game its back ground of respect. that all went away with the new teams in the last couple of years. Most of them are gone now. Whatever happends with the game in the next months is up to the players, DirtFactor is one option that Doit is persueing with a few on n2k3. Thats all I can think to add but if anyone wants to talk you can catch me in the Doit vent.

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3190

• JFR_Jim
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 104
WOO's server in the browser telling people to join rfactor doesnt help DTR2 out much either but whatever.
JFR

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3191

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
There.

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3192

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
Well all that is or was said the games been around for nearly over 10 yrs and they're still the best true dirt racing sims..There hasn't been anything made close to them and they have to copy them for their NasCrap and R/facter games to get them closer. What we need to do is get someone to develope the game for more online players and maybe update the physics and body styles a bit..Other than that its still 100% better than the others..Again just my opinion..But I'll never give up on these games as they are what i enjoy and what i can enjoy without much hassle.. So maybe just a few of us will carry on but sooner or later a few will comeback...Here are a few other thoughts [1] Skin painters needed to paint the newest skins from the real drivers..nearly 50 % of the DTR2 players race offline with either their own series or a downloaded one so if we keep the skins updated along with tracks, series and such as people will continue to play [2] chassis makers need to make the chassis as realistic as possible[example the new wedge and imca chassis by F1yer and such past efforts by Flash24 and TeamDW 3] Development of more tracks real and with multi grooves and realistic grip and setting [4] A common goal to help any or all with setups, driver tips, and use alot of patients towards the newbies as they are our future..Almost all new players are probably under 16 and are looking for something as close to real as they can get.. Plus if the game and atmosphere surrounding the game is always tense and a war of words and bad feeling it drives them away..So respect towards your peers and competitors is a must, make everyone feel welcome and supported[5]These thought are not new and have been around years before and still will work if we try..I know that the editing and painting does take alot of time and effort and little credit is actually given to those with this talent and that's not right and the credit should be given and others should be encouraged to learn and develope just as the best have over the years.[6] Find ways to reduce the warp and lag and improve online play
Attachments:

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3193

DTR2 is a good game, BUT it's outdated, it can easily be cheated up. We chose to move on to a game that better suits what we are looking for... Some how that makes us bad guys. I don't get it, but whatever.

Tell me, when is the last time any of you ran single player on DTR2 to get some solid practice in? It's impossible, the AI cars are slow as sin.

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3194

I don't believe we are saying anyone should STOP racing DTR2.

We've been dabbling with rFactor since about October and we're having a lot of fun with it. We're learning and we invite anyone who wants to learn with us to give it a shot.

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3195

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
No you're not bad guys for trying and promoting r/factor :ohmy: ..Yes DTR2 is outdated and can be cheated on but so can just about any game out there :angry: ..The fact is that I prefer DTR2 because its my choice as it is your preference to try the newer r/factor..Most of us have tried the other games before and have not liked them or had bad experiences with them and are more in our comfort zone in DTR2.. Its just a matter of what YOU want or prefer..So nothing against either side as they both have + or - and there always will be argument over whats best.. But outdated or not DTR2 will survive and people will continue to play it if they chose to as they will with r/factor or any other game..I have seen both sides and have played DIRT Heat, R/Factor and other game addons and I have chosen, as I'm a old guy that likes what I'm familer as I been around since the start of DTR and DTRSC and have enjoyed all and I can play without much hassle or complications either on or offline.. Yes the default ai sucks in DTR2 but you can make them faster and more difficult in a custom series..So please no more war of words and lets just try and respect the games as they are just games just as everyone has a opinion and is entitled to express it.. Moyer vs Bloomquist, Ford vs Chevy, Chevy vs Dodge etc its like this everywhere in life choices and opinions and preferences are your rights... :ohmy:
Attachments:

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3196

Go where you have fun! Race on & race often! :)

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3197

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
That's well said Spi-nex.. What I'm trying to find out in this post is if there are ways we could improve DTR2 to get guys like you and p1erce to comeback to DTR2 or give us your opinions on how you would improve it for you to reenjoy this game as well as the countless others that have left or thinking of leaving ..Yes game is outdated and has its drawbacks put it also has its pluses..Just want to improve a proven product that has grown old and stale to some but yet its still here and alive and loved by others and could be improved with the right talent and resourses that used to be in this community before and now..So what would it take to get you guys or anyone else to comeback or stay on ??? Shoot out some ideas!!!! :cheer: :cheer: Lets all work together to make a true dirt racing sims that we all could enjoy as a community once again :) .. :cheer:
Attachments:

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3198

The #1 thing that has always bothered me with DTR is the physics and set-ups. At least in rFactor the set-ups make SOME sense. At the very least reduce the set-up variables (rFactor mods are good about this in locking you down to what can be adjusted). And get rid of the damn draft!

In rFactor I've found I can do a heck of a lot more "slicing and dicing" than DTR2. In DTR you pretty much flat foot it around and point the car as best you can. I like having to breath the gas and pedal it rather than wide open all the way around.

With the advancement of artificial game physic engines, just trying to change DTR2 so it's more 2010 desirable isn't going to cut it. A game needs to be designed from scratch (especially because of the newer PC operating systems out there).

My main reason for getting away from DTR2 is that there is such a huge difference in how the cars drive that if I spend time on one and go to the other, I suck. So instead of being half-ass on both platforms, I'd rather just focus on 1.

I'm never after "realism" because I have never once seen a real driver race a car that had a tv on next to it, beer sitting next to the driver, and none of the other things that make going to the track worth while.

I have no idea what the cost $$$ wise would be to develop a new game, but they do have colleges for game design. There has to be someone in the racing industry that has attended and could help out.

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3199

I know i havent been on in the last few months but i read the forums atleast once a day to keep upto date with all that is going on..I have talked to Rain and a few others what should be done if we want to keep DTR2 going is get incontact with infogrames and have them create a patch or something to atleast reduce the lag and warp issue...this alone would create better racing for the 10 cars in each main....but the ultimate goal would be to get them to make a whole new game so we can run a full field of 25-30 cars plus no lag and warp...the setup stuff is whatever would it be cool to have a more "realistic" setup yes, but it is online people will find ways to cheat and that takes the fun out of it for the rest of us that use what the game gives us. I am afraid if things dont clear up with the attitudes of some drivers and the way we are losing drivers to RFactor DTR2 will be dead completly in a year or two....just my 2 cents

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3200

Yes, I agree with everyone on this topic about it would be nice to be able to race 20+ cars in browser without the lag or warp, would make for better racing and get some of the popularity back in the game. I myself will continue to play DTR2 and I also play rfactor, they're both fun so why not play both. Yeah its totally different driving styles, but hey its like a bicycle, once you learn to ride you don't forget. ;) . JMO

Woods aka Do!t 54
Mississippi Bad Boy

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3201

• RowDy
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 1
Agreed with ya there Mr.WoodsPecker...I've been playen rfactor ever since mick got me back into it a couple weeks ago and have race a couple leagues over there..To me its more fun and really gives you the chance to see what you can really do on a game that basically MAKES you have to drive it like a real dirt car and just really puts your skill to the test..Yeah dtr2 is fun and all but there is really no skill in driven a 4wheel drive,cuz thats what dtr2 cars really are around the track basically lettin the car go where it wants with no effort unless your on a slick made track..thats about the only REAL feel you get out of it..but dtr2 i would say will just die..i mean ppl will still come and play it but i think the browser is what will die..it will just be down to private Ips and league races..but ppl will still be playing it..I wont lie..i intend to fully put my time in rfactor and let some of my other teammates run the dtr2 side of things for the TXR team even though some will be coming to rfactor with me..but to me..I personally think its just time for a change and rfactor is not a bad place to go try out some real skills on driving a dirt car...But dtr2 wont never die..ppl will still be on playing this game for years to come.
I Know Im great and I can say that and it be 100% true..Cuz if i was'nt so great..You would've found someone else to hate on by now!!..Nuff Said.

Last edit: by RowDy.

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3203

I agree Rowdy, dirt factor puts your driving skills to the test, especially with a controller. I've ran one league race a while back in the DWD Mods and placed 3rd of 26, not bad. Now that I got this new flat screen tv monitor hung on my wall I will start playin dirt factor again, didnt like it on the old dinosaur monitor i was using due to my good one giving out on me. I hope DTR2 stays around for a while, I haven't played long and would hate to see it go down the drain, I enjoy racing the people of the dtr2 community not only in league races but also in browser, hell i've had some of my best races in those little 10 lap browser races.

Woods aka Do!t 54
Mississippi Bad Boy

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 13 years 2 months ago #3204

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Without having time to read all the other posts, I just want to say it's not easy to cheat in dtr2. And if you do cheat in dtr2 it's easily detectable. Cheating is MORE prevalent in rFactor. Why do you think everyone is requiring them to download cheat detectors everywhere? Because people ARE cheating. You guys will see when you get over there.

I think the posting servers in the browser about rFactor is the equivalent of a republican group having Obama signs in their yard. It's stupid. rFactor has been around for 6 years, I'm pretty sure everyone knows about it...speaking of old games.

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 32 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form