Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: DTR2: Can it be saved or improved on ?? 11 years 8 months ago #39670

• Eric 41
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 7
its fine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: DTR2: Can it be saved or improved on ?? 11 years 8 months ago #39671

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
and i thought i was bored
stop bringing up posts from over a year ago
once they are off the first few pages they are dne and gne
dont need mre people talking about old topics
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Re: DTR2: Can it be saved or improved on ?? 11 years 8 months ago #39686

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
not only that but i think the answer to that question has been a definite yes in the last year or so.

Re: DTR2: Can it be saved or improved on ?? 11 years 8 months ago #39784

i sent an email to codemasters with an idea of sorts about such a subject.....

Wishful thinking in my opinion.....
I'm so slow!

Re: DTR2: Can it be saved or improved on ?? 11 years 8 months ago #39903

• demonic
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • SOMETIMES A REAL DICK
  • Thank you received: 32
yes it can but more people need to help others by helping them figure out more on editing this game
and helping rookies online or people that plays offline no mater there age i know i have do some of these things my self
these is not about just about one person but to all if we don't i say this game will die
but this only my thoughts but hope it will live on

Re: DTR2 can it be saved ?? 11 years 8 months ago #39914

BLS_DeadBolt wrote: well to answer yenko
i was just sayin the other day to another online racer
im thinking about buying up a bunch of copies of DTR2 off amazon and handing them out when i travel to tracks during "real" racing season - gotta get some "new" talent back in the browsers and turn them into leaguers

thats my big bright fantastic idea lol

That's a great idea... Don't know that I would hand out CDs but I have thought about setting up a couple pcs to let people run DTR2 at the track. Throw a couple DTR2 graphics on our car. Get a lan party going in town to gain a little intrest. We have a fairly large dirt racing community around here with 8 (maybe more) tracks within 2-3 hrs 3 locally. I55 is only 45 mins away and brings in a ton of out of towners to the big races like woo. I think just talking about it helps, letting people know you race online.
" Turnin' and Learnin' "

Re: DTR2: Can it be saved or improved on ?? 9 years 10 months ago #59433

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483

VLR_Shock wrote: *ahem*

Wow just read this at Infogrames.com!!

SANTA BARBARA, CA - Today Infogrames, Inc. announced that a sequel would be released to the popular Dirt Track Racing games initiated by the now defunt Ratbag Games.

Dirt Track Racing 3 is currently set for a release date in April 2011. The game will feature a major graphics overall to make all of the cars in the game look more realistic.

DTR3 will feature four classes of dirt racing automobiles, including Street Stocks, Modifieds, Late Models, and Sprint Cars, all competing for the top prize at 22 race tracks, real and fictional.

However, unlike in the original DTR series, Dirt Track Racing 3 will feature an in game track editor, similar to the park editors you see in games such as Tony Hawk.

The Multiplayer gaming in DTR3 has made the biggest leap, as Infogrames releases it's new engine with this game, thus allowing lag-free racing among up to 26 participants.

The Multiplayer section of the game is set up as you would expect a dirt race to be in real life, depending on the number of drivers.

If there is a full server of 26 drivers, the host will be able to set the number of drivers that transfer from the heat races into the A Main, and how many drivers will be forced to transfer from the B and C Mains, making it a very realistic experience for league events, and casual racers alike.

Some of the features that are being worked into this game are as follows:

Track condition changes. As the event progresses, if you start on a wet track, you will likely end up on a dry one, and a groove will develop in certain part of the track.

Caution flags in online racing, that fall under more realistic conditions.

At the start of the race the driver will be under control of their car as they warm their tires, or just cruise around in the pace laps.

More realistic setups. The setups will respond in a more realistic manner as they would in a real dirt racing vehicle.

A track editor in game, for offline use only.

A Car painter built in game. You will also be able to swap Skins and Track Setups within the game through the Multiplayer feature.

Realistic car physics. If you lift the left front you will feel the body roll, even in the cockpit view.

New career mode that includes the Saturday Night Racer mode. Just pick a track that you want to race as your home track, and do it against the same drivers each week, earning points and money for your finishes.

But occasionally a "big" driver may make a surprise appearance at your local track, are you up to the challenge?

Players and AI cars that are severely damaged may receive a black flag to repair their cars.

Want more cars in your multiplayer race? Fill up empty spots with AI cars, and make them as competitive as you wish.

Infogrames, Inc. is based in Jorveaux, France, and has offices in Santa Barbara, California.

Bump. How awesome would that game be?
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 36 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form