Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What's Next on the 'Bird's Desk 7 years 10 months ago #71484

• Daveybird
  • Daveybird's Avatar Topic Author
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • I'm a sexy bird who can fly on dirt!
  • Thank you received: 9
It'll be a mod for both NASCAR Heat and rFactor, and it'll spread the word of the arcade, easy-handling, exciting cars that DTR2 is known for, while allowing a bigger audience and more that 10 cars in multiplayer ;)

It'll be called DTR2-DX, DTR2NT (National Tour) , or something.

It'll have a bunch of different DTR2 chassis and top drivers from a little more than a decade to now, plus their tires, but not the Heat version, so any DTR2 drivers wanting to race their same DTR2 cars can do so.

This will be both online and offline.

Each chassis will have the aproppriate HP, weight, etc for the division, but will all handle kinda similar.

I remember awhile back someone in the chat saying something about converting these cars to rFactor so we can have more than 10 drivers online, well I'll do that, plus Heat, and continue to make my DTR2 Chassis under SNAS branding!

I still like DTR2, don't play it much anymore, but occasionally go back to it for all-out fun. I might hit another spurt where I play it for awhile!

So I'm excited, and I'm sure you will be too!

I will be using my physics, which are modified DTRFactor physics from F1yer, and modified original NASCAR Heat physics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's Next on the 'Bird's Desk 7 years 10 months ago #71485

now if u can convert tracks and have them work same way ill go rf but tracks in rf same when u start when u end they suck

What's Next on the 'Bird's Desk 7 years 10 months ago #71487

• Daveybird
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
I converted a few default fictional tracks. What's wrong with the rFactor tracks? Not racey enough? I'm thinking about converting DTR2 Volunteer because the rFactor version doesn't look that good. I already converted it to Heat.

What's Next on the 'Bird's Desk 7 years 10 months ago #71489

not really and dont change in long race dtr2 gives u ablilyty to set dry to wet and in offline it changes not on rf and rf dont have enough offlines that truly work. iv ran nr2003 but not heat

What's Next on the 'Bird's Desk 7 years 10 months ago #71490

• Daveybird
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
I can make different wetness levels. Plus, the AI on my mods and DWD's mods are awesome! I didn't know DTR2's track grip levels change during the race! But I'm not that concerned about that aspect. But it is a nice, semi-realistic fact, probably one of the few advantages of DTR2, and I can say that to rFactor fanboys when they tell me rF is 100% better! That's what I like about racing multiple sim racing games. Each has its qualities and disadvantages:

DTR2

Pros:

Purpose-built Dirt Oval game, which means track wetness adjustment and Dirt Race format (Heats, mains)

Track dries out over time (never noticed until you told me)

Simple, low-poly, low-PC spec, almost anyone can run it on their PC nowadays

Easy to complete a lap, hard to make a quick time

Cons:

Currently no way to replace the low-poly models, so every user-created mod (car and track) is technically an edit of a DTR2 model, or one from a previous Ratbag game, not that much modernizing of the graphics is possible until we shell out the big $$$$ to that guy.

Some people want more realism and less arcadeyness in their handling. They should go to Heat or rFactor and try the non-RSR/DWD Dirt Oval mods.

FLOATING NAMES (though I kinda fixed it, hex-editing the EXE and making the driver name font transparent)

MAX OF 16 CARS IN SINGLE PLAYER OFFLINE!!

MAX OF FREAKING 10 CARS IN MULTIPLAYER!!

No raising of the left side in a DLM or Modified

No heavy modification of the cars, but is not necessary for DTR2's general fanbase

Not many good Economy Modifieds (IMCA/UMP/etc as opposed to Northeastern Mods) except the USMTS and SNAS (only because they're USMTS-BASED) ones

NASCAR Heat

Pros:

A perfect balance of arcadey and sim, Normal is like asphalt and is good for pickup races, especially if you don't want to worry about setups. Expert is good if you want semi-arcadey/semi-realistic sliding/drifting on dirt. In Hardcore mode, my new RSR Dirt Sim 2017 Late Models handle pretty much like DLM2/DM16 rFactor caliber; drift and slide too much, it's irreversible, and you have to really know when to let off, use the throttle, and brake, however, that doesn't sacrifice the AI like it does in rFactor where you sometimes have to make the AI cars drive with easier physics sets just so they won't spasm all over the track.

Easy to mod

You can put custom models in

Easy to convert cars/ tracks from DTR2 and rFactor to Heat, use 3DSimEd for rFactor and 3DRipperDX for DTR2.

Not only Dirt Oval mods are available, but all kinds of oval/road/fictional/offroad/etc mods are available. Obviously the Pavement Short Oval game in Heat is way better than DTR2.

MAX OF 43 CARS IN BOTH SINGLE PLAYER AND MULTIPLAYER!!

PLAYER CARS AND AI CARS LOOK THE SAME!!

You can even start a career in Dirt Oval, and end up as a Sprint Cup Driver

FREE AND LEGAL IF YOU WANT TO USE ANY MOD, AKA ANYTHING THE HEAT COMMUNITY CARES ABOUT THESE DAYS!! INCLUDING THE NEWER SPRINT CUP SERIES!! The only reason you would want to buy the original game is to race the 2000 Winston Cup AS TOLD BY HASBRO INTERACTIVE/INFOGRAMES/MONSTER GAMES, WHICH MEANS MISSING DRIVERS, MISSING TRACKS, AND ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO CENSORSHIP!! TODAY'S NASCAR MODS ARE WAY SUPERIOR THAN THE ORIGINAL GAME THAT IT STARTED AS AND WAS SOLD IN STORES!!

Many different local Dirt and Pavement Oval mods, with varying degrees of realism.

Cons:

No Dirt Race event format

You can only size both of the front and both of the rear tires at the same time (hurts Sprint Cars a little, but some Sprint Car mods for Heat are so exciting and have a huge adrenaline rush, you won't really notice)

Old Winston Cup points format (No Dirt Race format, no Chase For the Cup, no Lucky Dog, no Green White Checkered)

Lower poly limit that rFactor

All four of the above disadvantages are inherent, because it was originally a 2000 NASCAR Winston Cup game made in 2000. I just wish they ported Dirt to Daytona to PC, and made it as moddable as PC Heat 2000. It'd have a WAAAAAAAY better dirt game then! Dirt to Daytona looked pretty much like PC Heat (Playstation one looked like garbage, but that was kinda limitations of the console, even though EA Sports' NASCAR 2001 for the Playstation 1, and all PS1 NASCAR games that EA Sports made afterward, looked extremely good for a PS1 game, you can see inside the cars, everything! But Monster and Infogrames definitely apologized with Heat 2002 and Dirt to Daytona!)

rFactor:

Pros:

What many consider to be the most realistic dirt oval handling

A huge Dirt Oval community (only if you want to follow their rules, race online, and overall be their b*tch)

Best graphics and polycount possible out of the three

MAX OF 105 DRIVERS OFFLINE AND PROBABLY ONLINE!!

You can determine where you want to start in a single-player race, or qualify

Lots of rules and realism options. Since it was originally road race-heavy, you even have an endurance option, which means:

WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME FOR THE 24 HOURS OF DIRT AT ELDORA!! WE WILL RACE SEPERATE DIVISIONS TOO! LM1 SUPER LATE MODEL, LM2 CRATE, SS1 SUPER STREET STOCK, SS2 REGULAR STREET STOCK, SP SPORTSMAN SUPER STOCK, M1 EAST COAST MODIFIEDS, M2 UMP MODIFIEDS, MS1 RWD MINI STOCKS, MS2 FWD MINI STOCKS, SC1 410 WING SPRINTS, SC2 360 WING SPRINTS, SC3 410 NON WING SPRINTS!! IT'S GONNA BE SO FREAKIN' FUN, IT'LL BE A BLAST, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER AROUND SO WE CAN DO SOME DRIVER SWAPPING, DRINKING MORE MTN DEW, AND NOT GET RED EYE!!!! XD

A few Dirt Oval mods that look good, handle semi-realistically, and have good AI (RSR and DWD are the biggest)

DAT BIG RIGHT REAR TIRE ON THE SPRINT CARS THO!!

Cons:

The AI for most major Dirt Oval Mods suck, because they're designed for multiplayer, and have to sacrifice the AI being able to complete a fast lap, or even a lap at all, for the player to have the most realistic handling as possible. A few members of the rFactor dirt community who really give a crap about the AI, like DWD myself, and a few others, either balance realism with ease, or make seperate AI cars what use the same models and everything, but different physics files so they can get around better, while you're still driving a realistic car against them.

Once again, NO DIRT RACE FORMAT!!

It's hard to get the driver's arms to animate to steer the wheel

Most Sprint Cars are real sensitive and frustrating, and are not worth it if you don't have the time (except for the polarizing RSR and DWD Sprints)

That big Dirt Oval community has several forums/Facebook groups/cliques. You better watch which one you join! Some will welcome you with open hands and appreciate what you do, OTHERS GET BUTTHURT FOR ME PROBABLY BECAUSE I'M A BLACK LIBERAL TRYING TO BRING THEM BACK TO SIM RACIN' THE WAY IT OUGHTA BE!! Lol!

You've just gotta either race them all, or figure out which Dirt Sim Racing features you value the most.

Hopefully that new Big Ant Dirt Track game will get everyone back on the same page!

Last edit: by Daveybird.
  • Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 16 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form