Saturday, May 18, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57619

• mcfly34
  • mcfly34's Avatar Topic Author
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 4
Yes, Im complaining and for you who have raced with me know that is not normal. I am not fast at most tracks (99%), but I try to race as clean as possible. Im tired of racing with people who dont respect anyone they race against. I enjoy racing against the elite (5 or 6) racer on DTR2, they will race me clean and pass me, it may take them a few laps, but the get by with out a issue. Then there is the majority of the crowd that thinks door slammin, bump and run, and short slide jobs are okay. Dont get me wrong, a bump here and there is racing, but gettin walled at the flag stand or run off the track in the corners is extreme. I know I am not as fast as most, but I try to keep a straight line and give room when ever I can. I realize things happen, my fault, pings, hard racing,incidental contact, etc.,but things need to change. Recently there has been a lack of interest in DTR2 online , with all the ruff driving, compaining and accusations of cheating, Im not surprised. I am not pointing fingers, but I think there is room for improvement everywhere. Thanks to all who have invested time in making tracks, cars, skins and hosting races. I hope it continues.

McFly34
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock, BMS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57620

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
Dont think I need to reply extensively on this matter. Car counts speak for themselves. Wasnt too long ago VLR was having 30-40 car counts with 5-6 heats every sunday night. Has the game gotten worse? IMO I dont think so but you be the judge.

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57621

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
Ive worked on everything that is editable for this game over the years and i loved every minute of it but...the game started losing its fun factor when all that there was were league races. The browser is what drew people to the game in the first place and got them hooked and now noone races the browser anymore. I am at fault for this as much as anyone but the other day i ran with 4-5 guys in the browser and i had more fun just goofin off doin that than i did the last 2 years i ran league races. The stress of league racing gets onto peoples nerves and the competetion keeps people on pins and needles for sometimes 2 hours a night and most people cant handle that much stress over a prolonged period of time without them snapping. People forget they got this game to have fun and went more toward the competetive side of it. Thats just my 2 cents.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57622

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
I see people on here all the time asking where or when the next race is. Ive had a few friends try DTR2 and they said they like the game but cant learn how to race and play the game during a league races and heard people bitching all the time and they just gave up. How about everyone agree to take a night and just run the browser like the good ol days and maybe itll start makin it fun to race again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Last edit: by F1yer.

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57627

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
McFly is correct on many points of rough driving... many times the difference between a good race and getting knocked out is nothing but an extra lift here or a tap of brake there, and try again to get in and thru there the right way .

F1yer is correct.... we had BIG fun in the Browser with the crew on hand.... That's a rare exception for me usually it's so brutal if theres anyone there i dont care to run there but for noob purposes I may try to take it in there more.
You have done your part F1yer !

I'll be here grindin it out tryin to keep this lovley old game rollin!

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57628

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
I've never really done that much browser racing of course I haven't been around that long but what i really used to enjoy more than anything was the laps we used to run in after midnight madness with 6-10 guys just hanging out. On a side note if anyone cares a new NDRL version of MCR (McKean County Raceway) will be coming out soon on dirtallstars.com. This is not a cleaned up version of dw_McKean it's brand spanking new and looks and races really nice JMO. HAGD All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57629

• Daveybird
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • I'm a sexy bird who can fly on dirt!
  • Thank you received: 9
Well I like racing the browser, only thing is I've gotta find everyone's skin. League racing is just too stressful for me. At least there are a lot more people racing DTR2 than NASCAR Heat (dirt mods only, asphalt is doing fine). People are still cranking out new dirt tracks and updating old ones, as well as making new chassis. I wish Dirt Heat was still like this. It's just as fun for me. I might race in the browser sometime soon. I remember awhile back, I totally smoked a real dirt late model driver on browser. :)

Last edit: by Daveybird.

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57634

• V49
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
  • Thank you received: 1
I feel like fly is directing towards me... sorry fly if so, just some of the people that were racing last night gets me scared(as in they'll wreck ya, or there dirty) so I figured I had to go. sorry about hitting you if I did

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57635

All DTR2 needs is for JFR_Jim and JFR_A2D to come back and bring Faschek and F1yer with them. And even Lazy3 to keep things exciting. Who agrees

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57636

When I first started racing online way back in fall and winter 2003 I would run browser every time I got chance in either of 3 default chassis. we had a blast. I was quick to find out though if u wasn't good in certain things the ppl would kick u out. I created Daul track Racing Series aka Dtrs. it was to give racers a chance to learn without worrying if they was bad or not it was home to some great drivers in few years I ran it. we didn't car if u had 0 experience or had years it was a way to all learn and help newbies like me learn. I agree with flyer hosting a series online acan be stress full and makes u not want deal with it as much I call this promoter blues lol. The game is as fun or funnier than it has been and no mater whether u run open on browser or in series ur ganna have a few ruffys who don't know or cant read rules. I enjoy3ed just racing browser no worri on wether u had right stuff [place where u could have fun. now u never know what being ran and I cant run at moment either w8 hates me trying go online on dtr2 broswerr or net here sucks at library. I LOVE DTR2 in my book and it will always be #1 in my book as best dirt game avalibal. jmo
Hoover aka Dtrs hoover

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57643

For someone just getting back into the game after years away...I think on a whole it is much better than years ago.
I try to race in the browser when I can but I love the league racing. I like the "pressure" involved and the hard racing that comes with it.
As for "rough driving"...I think racing in general has it's scrapes and questionable moves that cause consternation in some...including the local Street Stock class...and even WoO. It's just part of good-old-hard-racin'. I think we all know the difference between stickin'-yer'-nose-in and blatantly taking someone out.

JMO

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57645

I'll throw my 2 cents in here. I have been playing this game since early 2000's and have had a blast. Back in the day, I remember going 50 laps with 9 other guys and never touching another car. Granted, they were slower, but still, minimal contact. racers used to pride themselves on that fact. It was in fact about having fun. Sure, guys wanted to win and see their names on a list for points, but something has changed. I'm not sure what, but guys used to be friends on here. REAL friends. I even met a couple guys from the game. I also used to race in leagues a lot but it got to a point that I was getting wrecked too much. I'm not putting blame on anyone else for my driving style, but I can race in the browser most every night with a certain bunch of guys and never have problems. I remember 1 time for example, someone said to me in a league race after wrecking me, "don't you know who I am? I have won many championships". Well whoop-t-fuckin-do I replied. :-) Does that mean I should just pull over and let him go by? I don't think so. Anyhow, I'm starting to get off track here. I would really enjoy racing in leagues again but for the time being, im in my motor home and have really high ping and I enjoy racing without getting bashed. I can only hope this game does a 180 and gets back to like it used to be.

Later

JR

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57649

IFRT-JR wrote: . I remember 1 time for example, someone said to me in a league race after wrecking me, "don't you know who I am? I have won many championships". Well whoop-t-fuckin-do I replied. :-) Does that mean I should just pull over and let him go by? I don't think so.

Later

JR

That sounds exactly like BLS_18 smh.

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57652

• mcfly34
  • mcfly34's Avatar Topic Author
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 4
Im not directing this at anyone person. As a whole it just seems most people will not take the time to pass someone clean they just get buy anyway they can and as fast as they can.

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57654

Racing to me is alot like life. You try to treat everyone no matter who they are with respect..kinda treat them the way you want to be treated. There are some of those who don't show you the same respect, though. I feel if I'm nice to a person and he wants to be a complete asshole then he should expect the same treatment in return. Some people have no clue what I mean..most do but there's those few who never will. I kinda wish I didnt feel this way because it takes the "fun" out of this game for me which is still "racing" and again, alot like life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLS_BW43

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57664

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
So what do you mean McGee?

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57668

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
I think Rusty is tryin to say is u give some u git some,theres another fella on the other end not an OFFLINE CAR.... respect , clean driving or bumper up ass , door jobs....

It's up to you the fellow driver which you'll get ! B) or :silly: The latter takes the fun out !!!!

BUT ON A GOOD NOTE 16 Cars @ BLS Last Night ..... IDC if i finish last every race with that kind of count from a promotors view right now..... GFJ B2 and a sincere THANK YOU to all in attendance !

ALSO DAMN GOOD JOB..... XFLY.... GRABS 11PM VICTORY @ DAYTONA 2k12 :woohoo:

TY ALSO ALL 11PM RACERS.... COUNTS IMPROVING THERE TOO !

Last edit: by BLS_BW43.

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57674

• Eric41
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm the best
  • Thank you received: 64
I hope you are guys arent talking about me being disrespectfull, because I think that I have been very respectful the past 6 months or so, and have been racing cleaner too. jmo

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57676

Pretty much what I was sayin Brian and Flyer knows exactly what I meant. He was just being goofy as always lol and no Eric I wasn't talking abt you.

What do you think of DTR2 today? 10 years 1 month ago #57680

I always raced ppl clean. but have had a few run me ruff. im not 1 who normaly bumps ppl on perpuse but if u make me that mad ill hit the guy then exit the race as punshiment im RESPECTFULL LIKE MOST OF DTR2 DRIVERS are!

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 43 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form