Sunday, May 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Letting off the throttle 10 years 11 months ago #51287

• Daveybird
  • Daveybird's Avatar Topic Author
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • I'm a sexy bird who can fly on dirt!
  • Thank you received: 9
Hey, I sucked in the VLR race last night, and people said I should let off the throttle some into turns. I tried doing that, but I'm still about .6 seconds slower than the rest of the pack. Also, I was advised not to steer as hard. I saw replays of my online races that I recorded, and saw the other cars not sliding that much. But my car goes too high when I try to do that. Lastly, I "turn right to turn left" like in real dirt racing. Do you guys do that? I need some help, please, because I still trail behind even with the proper setups.

What part of the turn should I let off?

What part should I hit the gas again?

Any help, please?

I know I'm a well-respected track and chassis maker, but the DTR2 racing physics kinda throw me off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Letting off the throttle 10 years 11 months ago #51288

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Its an acquired skill only after being around a while. I've been here like 3 years now and theres only a few tracks where I've figured out how to keep up and post some really good finishes. Having the rear end of the car stick out some is fine, you don't have to keep it perfectly straight thru the turns like we're racing on asphalt. But you also don't want it too far out or else you will be scrubbing off speed. If you manage to get somebodies replay, follow the driver whos replay it is and if its one of the top guys like BW, Wheel, Ice, Shock, F1 etc etc, you can get the jist of when to lift and when to get back on it. Some tracks you can nail it when getting back on, others you'll have to feather some before flooring it. The more you race the more you'll get the feel for it.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Letting off the throttle 10 years 11 months ago #51289

• Daveybird
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
Yeah, I've been off and on DTR2 since 2004, but never really understood how to race it. I kinda figured each track is different.

Letting off the throttle 10 years 11 months ago #51304

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
1st it sounds like you need to tighten up your car alittle. To do that I go and put some weight on the right front tire or I go and put some offset on the LR. 2nd is probably your gears...When your in a race just ask someone what gears are good or you can go get a bunch of really good sets on here.
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Letting off the throttle 10 years 11 months ago #51314

What kind of controller/wheel are you using Falco? Beside trying a bunch of sets you can download at VLR, your Steering Lock might be up too high. I am slow, but I have a comfortable chair to sit in.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Col. Sanders

Letting off the throttle 10 years 11 months ago #51317

to funny...

Letting off the throttle 10 years 11 months ago #51319

• Daveybird
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
I alternate between an XBox 360 controller and a Genius TwinWheel F1 Steering wheel. For the wheel, I set the lock to around 18. For the controller, I set it to 10-13.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 44 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form