Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #159

• chzbrgr
  • chzbrgr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • offline hero
  • Thank you received: 3
I just wanted to thank everyone who has made files available for download on this site. I am an offline racer thanks to my low-speed connection (I live out in the sticks and satellite is way too expensive). I have had a lot of fun racing the custom tracks and designing new series.

I am mainly into sprint cars. I use a "WoO Sprint Cars" chassis that Matthew Schelk uploaded on Blackhole Motorsports. I designed my own sprint car series and painted sixty custom skins for it. My skill at painting sprint car skins improved dramatically through this project, and I may upload some sprint skins if anyone is interested.

If anyone has recommendations for add-ons that are cool in offline mode, I would love to hear them. Thanks again for putting together an awesome site and keeping DTR2 alive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #160

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Thanks chzbrgr...to be honest for racing online you would be better off with dial-up over Satellite anyway. I heard satellite internet will put your ping at like 9999 so that's not good. Thanks for your comments, yeah you should upload the Sprint Skins sometime if ya want, that's what it's there for. There are some good tracks for offline use you can download. Some the AI is off but you just have to try em out, pretty much all of the DW tracks that work offline have good competitive AI, and a few of the ones from VLR Trax do as well, along with BLS Tracks. As far as chassis, pretty much all of them that are posted are great, BLS have made the best ones in my opinion, though, so check some of them out, too. Thanks for stopping in and please continue to post here.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #161

Hope you enjoy your stay, this site has to be the best for DTR2. I will be uploading a newer sprintcar Aussie chassis soon for you.

Stay tuned
" No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #162

chzbrgr wrote:

I just wanted to thank everyone who has made files available for download on this site. I am an offline racer thanks to my low-speed connection (I live out in the sticks and satellite is way too expensive). I have had a lot of fun racing the custom tracks and designing new series.

I am mainly into sprint cars. I use a "WoO Sprint Cars" chassis that Matthew Schelk uploaded on Blackhole Motorsports. I designed my own sprint car series and painted sixty custom skins for it. My skill at painting sprint car skins improved dramatically through this project, and I may upload some sprint skins if anyone is interested.

If anyone has recommendations for add-ons that are cool in offline mode, I would love to hear them. Thanks again for putting together an awesome site and keeping DTR2 alive.

What type of sprintcar skins have you made? Are they real drivers? How many?
I have made about 250+ they are all of Aussie sprintcar racers and was looking for some American racers.
" No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #163

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Here's what I'm gonna do...divide up the skins section in the downloads to be more specific as to what skins each person is downloading such as default lates, gen 3, sprint etc...

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #164

VLR_Shock wrote:

Here's what I'm gonna do...divide up the skins section in the downloads to be more specific as to what skins each person is downloading such as default lates, gen 3, sprint etc...

good idea

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #167

• chzbrgr
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • offline hero
William11 wrote:
What type of sprintcar skins have you made? Are they real drivers? How many?
I have made about 250+ they are all of Aussie sprintcar racers and was looking for some American racers.[/quote]

My sprint skins are for a WoO Sprint Cars chassis I download on BHmotorsports. I just uploaded the chassis to this site to share.

I made the skins for a custom series using my friends names and sponsors that would apply to them. For example, I painted a Papa John's Pizza skin for a former roommate who worked as a delivery driver. I like Tabasco sauce, so I painted a Tabasco car. Some of the skins are more tongue-in-cheek. We tease one of our friends about being diabetic (in a funny rather than cruel way), so I painted a Liberty Medical car in his honor.

I uploaded a pack of the first five I made. I will continue uploading more if anyone is interested. I also have a template for painting sprint car skins that has come in quite handy.

I have about 30 actual World of Outlaws skins if anyone is interested in those. I did not paint them, but I downloaded them from another site and they all work well. That would give you the authentic American sprint cars you are looking for.

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #168

Could you upload the world of outlaws skins if you haven't already.

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #172

• chzbrgr
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • offline hero
William11 wrote:

Could you upload the world of outlaws skins if you haven't already.

I just uploaded 18 World of Outlaws skins. I had to split them up into packs of six because that is about all my craptastic internet connection will allow me to upload at a time. If someone wants to download the skins and consolidate them into one file, that might help everyone keep things straight.

I found about 25 more skins from various American sprint car drivers that I will upload this afternoon. It has been really fun looking over some skins I don't play with much anymore.

The World of Outlaw skins are uploaded under the name "WoO Sprint Car skins" and the additional skins will be labeled "Sprint Car Skins." Once again, credit Matthew Schelk and Manndrake from BHmotorsports for sharing these originally. All I did was download them and save them several months ago.

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #174

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'm going to go divide the skin category into sections chzbrgr so look for them in a minute before you upload your latest skins if you haven't already

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #175

• chzbrgr
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • offline hero
VLR_Shock wrote:

I'm going to go divide the skin category into sections chzbrgr so look for them in a minute before you upload your latest skins if you haven't already

10-4. I will hold off on uploads until you are done.

Re: Awesome Site 14 years 1 month ago #181

• chzbrgr
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • offline hero
I have uploaded a total of 53 real driver skins and 18 fictional sprint car skins for the WoO Sprint Cars chassis.

Unfortunately for William, I could not find one for his countryman Brooke Tatnell on my hard drive. I could have sworn I had a Tatnell skin at one time.

Anyway, the sprint car skins are up for whoever wants them. I hope my custom skins do not look like total crap. I am just getting in to skin painting and have noticed that I pretty much suck compared to some of the veterans out there.

I would really like to know if anyone has some Australian sprint car skins they could upload. I have an idea for an offline series that would pit 30 American drivers against 30 Aussies with the schedule split between the two countries. It would be fun to tweak the A.I. to the point where it created a difficult offline series that spans two continents.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 19 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form