Wednesday, May 01, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52671

• Dwight
  • Dwight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • Thank you received: 4
Outside of the drivers section, I'm not entirely sure why the series I'm trying to create isn't working. Ignore how all the drivers skins are the jimmy owens file. I just did that to test. Cause I'm not sure what it should be for late models. All the tracks and driver names match folder names correctly. Unless the drivers section has to be finished through 59, I dont get why it isn't working. If thats why, then please tell me. This path is straight out of the data folder. The path is data/series/Dirt Series LM Series/series.str
"I drove down into turn one and just ran outta brains."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52672

• Dwight
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
this
Attachments:

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52681

your are correct, the diver list MUST be complated with skins to 59 drivers for the series to work.

With your first driver you have a "number" line...
You can put that number line for every driver to give that driver the number they run in real life for example.

If you want a series that only runs with 48 driver (large number of opponents) which gives you 16 cars per race. the drivers in numbers - 4,9,13,18,22,27,31,36,40,45,49,54 and 59 will not appear in the series

One other issue you may have is the worst AI being at 0.0000 --- these guys will be slow moving road blocks.

You will also have to start a NEW career for the series to show in the game.... if you have a career saved it WILL NOT be there.

I have attached one of my series files for you to have a look at as it works with no problems. You will see the drivers in possitions 4,9,13,18,22,27,31,36,40,45,49,54 and 59, all have an "X" next to their names as they are the guys who do not show up in the series.

For anyone else who looks at my series file, yes it is an Australian World series sprintcars file. All drivers are using their Australian skins painted by myself and a mate, once it is completed with enough smaller 1/3 and 1/4 mile tracks I will pass it on to everyone.

Hope this helps you get sorted

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52682

• Dwight
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
Thank you so much! But for some reason, no attachment was with your reply. :( One other question, can I compete against downloaded skins and default skins? I don't think I can. If so, what do I put in the "car = (here)\\0" line?

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52685

i will be honest i have never used default skins for a series before so i'm not sure. i can't see why it wont work tho.

Let me try the attachment again

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52686

I have never used a mix of downloaded and default skins in a series before sp i dont know if it will work or not but i can't see why it wouldn't work

If the attachment doesn't work PM me an email adrres and i will send it to you. It doesn't want to let me attach the file

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52687

I have never used a mix of downloaded and default skins before but i can't see why it wouldn't work

I'll try the attahment again

File Attachment:

File Name: series.txt
File Size:17 KB
Attachments:

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52688

• Dwight
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
It worked that time. I finished the drivers through 59 with the cars being the "Jimmy Owens 2010" skin just so I could copy and paste to get it over with. Then go in later and fine tune everything. However, it still isn't coming up in career mode. I do not have a saved career either. The path is correct. Yet it's still not working. This seems to be a dumb question but is the "late model" the correct class for late models? And in order to use default cars, is the car type "late model" too?

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52690

hrmm..... something to try and make sure everything is ok.

www.teamvlr.com/index.php/component/docm...dtr2.html?Itemid=121

Download that series and see if it works in your game, if it does you can then use the series STR file from there to to make your series.

You are correct about the late model question.

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52767

Dwight did you get it to work? I'm still having problems and would love to see what a new working series looks like to see if I can find my mistake.

Series Template Not Working 10 years 9 months ago #52778

• Dwight
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
Yes I did Stoa, I'm still tweaking on it though. Spac13AU found out it was something wrong with my tracks (I wasn't using folder names for them. Ex: Eagle=DTR2Eagle) then I had to go in to the skins folders to their .str files and change the car from things like "G5 Bloomquist" to the default names of latecamaro, latefirebird, latemontecarlo, latethunderbird, and latemustang. Once that happened, I was assigning the cars in the drivers list and for some reason it won't let me go past the 4th version (LMMustang1-LMMustang4 works, LMMustang5 does not. Same with LMCamaro5 and so on) so now I have a mix of custom skins and default skins. Now I'm working to get the AI correct. Here's the .str as it is now, just for your reference to compare, I will attach the tracks and skins when I get it just right.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 28 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form