Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is there a way to speed up/slow AI 11 years 1 month ago #49926

• anaffe10N
  • anaffe10N's Avatar Topic Author
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • Thank you received: 2
Is there a way to speed up or slow down the AI in the track str file? And will this work in career mode?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by anaffe10N.

Is there a way to speed up/slow AI 11 years 1 month ago #49930

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
yes you can but it wont apply to career mode as all the tracks in a particular series have to have similar AI settings in the rec. file or you will have guys that are supposed to be running up front in the back and vise versa.

Is there a way to speed up/slow AI 11 years 1 month ago #50208

• DRM
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been tinkering with this for a little while. You can, but it is not perfect. Like Ray says, if the tracks are too different in their setup, the order of the AI cars gets mixed up. Also, some tracks have AI that just needs slowing down or speeding up a little bit, while others tend to send cars flying through the infield or flip the whole field in turn 1. My methods only help the tracks where AI functions but needs a minor speed adjustment.

I look at the qualifying times first. If I ran the lap of my life with a perfect setup and I am in 48th by 3 seconds, I need to adjust the qualifying speed of the cars.

I go to the "Track" str file and look for AI lap times
I adjust "Best sim mean", and "worst sim mean" up or down a bit. The best sim mean will speed up or slow down the front runners. The worst will adjust the back cars in the pack. These change the lap times during qualification and the times during the races you are not running, but they don't seem to influence the speeds of the cars that you run with during the simulation. I am just experimenting with adjusting the standard deviations (Std dev) to adjust the differences between the fast and slow laps of the individual cars. I can't really discuss how they work reliably yet, so I will just say that I made copies of a few tracks, put together a small series with them and I am learning by tinkering and tweaking. The arcade means right below them seem to change the speeds in the single race mode instead of career mode.

Now that the cars qualify at a reasonable speed, it is time to adjust the way they race.

I have been using the race difficulty settings under the AI lap times to adjust this. I have not sorted out the exact results of the Pure, Prod and race difficulties yet, although pure seems to do more with lap times while you are racing, and race seems to adjust to what the player is doing a bit more. I haven't really figured out the exact differences, but I have been able to make some decent adjustments to speed up or slow down AIs to make all of the tracks in a series run similarly.

I just lower all three numbers (Race difficulty, pure difficulty and prod difficulty) a bit to slow down the AI, and raise them to speed up the AI. As I experiment with them, I will report back as to what they do. individually.

The arcade difficulties right below them seem to affect the single race settings instead of the career mode.

I know this isn't as much help as you would like, but this is what I discovered by diving in and tinkering with it. There is not much information out there, and I couldn't find a tutorial on it, so I just jumped in and made changes and looked at the results. I made a copy of my tracks folder, and set up a small late model series with eight ore nine tracks and tried to equalize them all. Also in the series str file, you can adjust the difficulty of the whole series up or down a bit. That can come in handy if you are making a beginner's series and a national series with the same class of cars and want the big series to be more competitive than the local series. Also this helps when you have different series for different classes of cars, as some types of cars need a bit more or less difficulty than others.

Good Luck, and back up things before you start tweaking. (Don't ask me how I know this)

Is there a way to speed up/slow AI 11 years 1 month ago #50217

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Pure-prod-race have to do with the car class. I THINK pure=pro stock prod=LM and race=mod. Don't quote me on it. I have it filed somewhere on my computer but am unfortunately on my phone at the moment.

Is there a way to speed up/slow AI 11 years 1 month ago #50228

• DRM
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
  • Thank you received: 0
AAAAAH! that makes sense. I was tweaking the pure, prod and race numbers wondering why I couldn't get consistent results while tweaking my Late Model and Mod series. I probably would have figured out that the different numbers were for the different cars, but it would have taken me quite a while. Now I know why I got a couple of tracks working well with the mods, and then couldn't get the lates to run well.

Thanks Ray, I have Friday off, so I will play with it a bit then.

Is there a way to speed up/slow AI 11 years 1 month ago #50325

• Daveybird
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • I'm a sexy bird who can fly on dirt!
  • Thank you received: 9
I just figured that out, too. Also, race difficulty treats divisions besides the late models and pro stocks like modifieds. Just like how they have mod cockpits, mod loading screen, etc. But they have 4 gears.

Is there a way to speed up/slow AI 11 years 1 month ago #50326

hu

Is there a way to speed up/slow AI 10 years 10 months ago #52374

• anaffe10N
  • anaffe10N's Avatar Topic Author
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • Thank you received: 2
How far off does the AI run from the AI LAP Times set in the STR file?

Is there a way to speed up/slow AI 10 years 10 months ago #52375

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
depends on the track, who made it,who did the AI etc.......

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 46 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form