Saturday, May 18, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21685

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
We've both started working on this now and are making it from a dtr2 track since Ray was able to get his Rhino working right. Here's a pic for tonight. The size and shape was traced in Google Earth so the size should be right:

Team VLR - Racing since 2004
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21686

looking just fine you two. The bit about sketching from Google Earth..? How about a nice Tutorial on that and while I have Rays attention in his topic, Ray..; an additional tut on A1 doin things ur way would be great bud. When of course u get the time.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21692

great track guyssure looks fun (just as a note) some the dtr1 and dtrsc tracks have placement issues on offline what i mean is some tracks do order of cars difrent suix valley sure i didnt spell it right but that track will run ai from postion 60 and down reverse so what that means if u had lucas oil tour there then postion 1-20 wouldnt even make a main that happened on the first make of tyler county i did so thats y i always test a dtr 1 or dtrsc thats been converted in 1 single offline test to see what oder they finish

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21699

• BMS
  • BMS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
Wow bro...you worked your ass off on this track yesterday ...lookin way sharp! As far as tutorials go guys....as soon as i can really figure out how to put in words how i do the AI and get the time i will try. I can learn like nobody's business but am a terrible teacher(sorry). but on that note anyone wanting AI done on existing tracks or one they are working on i will be more than happy to do that for you until then.Hoover who makes the feature in your offline series often depends on how you have your series set up. What i mean is if you have selected a large field (16 cars) the number of cars that actually end up running the series is 48 not 60.The game skips every 5th driver.....it will use drivers 0-3 then skip diver 4 then use 5-8 and skip driver 9 and so forth.i just use default divers and cars in those places where skipped drivers are.Hope this Helps!

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21701

bms i know on full feild it skips drivers thats not what i was meaning. what im saying is in offline series some of the tracks that have been converted from dtr1 or dtrsc have issues sioux valley if u run a tour there will finnish most of lower 20 cars of driver files in top 16 spots instead of going from 1 and down it starts with 60 and goes backwards ill try and give an example of what i mean soon

Last edit: by Hooversracing4h.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21702

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
oh i believe you Hoover was just making sure thats not what you were talkin about.....havent had your issue yet sorry.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21708

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thanks guys. Ray I got a couple of them white fences down both straightaways after that pic and pulled the inside in more. It already had some at the track actually so I was able to use a couple of them. I guess I will try to move a couple buildings to the right spot and send it to you if you want.

I'll need to get on teamviewer and place the overlay image in Google over it for you so you can see where the put the grandstands and everything. I didn't know how high to make the signs on the back stretch (They hang just above the grandstands) so after you do the grandstands or whatever we can adjust them right.

I also was placing those little wooden poles for where the tires will be and I had them sticking like 2 inches out of the ground and they still kill you pretty good lol. Luckily at this track the tires are sitting right next to the surface, though so it won't be as big of a deal.

And Paul, if I do a tutorial it will have that in it. You overlay the image from Google Earth into Rhino so you have to have Rhino first.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21730

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
yeah dude whatever ya want me to i will do. just let me know when ya get home.Gotta run for therapy now but will be back soon.It looks great by the way.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21736

Thanx you 2. Wasn't sure about the mapping of, but makes sense inside of Rhino. Must go there. I take it there's an importing option, Shock to overlay it onto track..? But yeah, any Tut's are helpful not only for this olden dude but for all. Ray, if u do hav probs with just the wording of, I am here for you bud. Just email me if u want, and I will make that time to write it fully up and ofcourse give u the credit as it is ur way of fixing a track's A1. If u get a chance, I hav had a bit of a crack at getting 'Candyland' from fig8 to oval, but haven't got it to where it should be, as one end is different to other..;could u look at it sometime when ur free. This really is a cool track to have.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21739

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
You import the picture from google earth and it puts it under the track layout and you can easily move the objects and everything to where they are in real life

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21769

That sounds great. Must get myself rolling again Must make track building that much easier especially placement of buildings and bleachers. Cheers for that Shock and if and when I do, if I have any probs I know u'll be there along with many of our great editors in this game to give more advise. Cheers.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21770

PS

I put in the new A1 for Highland and the LM cars are still catching the tyres. I know I should adjust my own as I didn't do a good enough job in the first place but just wondered Ray if you had attempted adjusting width at all as that hasn't changed? Perhaps u weren't aware of orig problem.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21772

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
you are the first one ive heard of that had this problem with the cars hitting the tires.......ive run about 200 laps there with a 16 car field and havent seen that happen yet but maybe .will look into it and fix it.thanks for the heads up paul.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21777

Thanx Ray. It is strange and it may have been that when I was loading it, may have been my own A1, bugger it. Who knows. Make a complete ass of my self!!! I'm sure somone would hav said it to you if it were true, so don't breaking anything till I re-do it from ur files. Shady Grove I had done myself for my own pleasure, but not perfect; urs is way better. U do excellant work so keep doin' it bud.I do appollogize for this interuption.

PS if this track is anything like ur 'The Gap' aka Volunteer in Tennesee, we are all in for a heck of a ride. I luv the raised corners u Americans have or is that the Southerners...? Ooh, that's ur kinda' country aye Shock... Really cool. Thank you also to, Shock and anyone else involved with u Ray, on doin this track with u. Macon rules!!! And an appollogy to Yenko, too. Mate, ur right..; ur suggested track should hav won F1's track contest. 4th place really sucked!!!

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21783

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
That was no bother Paul......sometimes i mess up too....but i ran another 50 laps after your post and it still seemed fine. If your are still having problems let me know ...i will do all i can to correct it.And you are right about Macon it is gonna be a barn burner.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21784

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion

Here ya go Shock tires are all done in corners....the post are already installed as well....nothing that will kill your car but definitely know you hit something.Ya want me to do the tires around the flag stand as well now? Am gonna wait for further instruction and the google overlay before i do the grandstands and crowd.
Attachments:

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21794

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion

What do ya think?
Attachments:

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21817

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Paul D kiwi wrote: Thanx Ray. It is strange and it may have been that when I was loading it, may have been my own A1, bugger it. Who knows. Make a complete ass of my self!!! I'm sure somone would hav said it to you if it were true, so don't breaking anything till I re-do it from ur files. Shady Grove I had done myself for my own pleasure, but not perfect; urs is way better. U do excellant work so keep doin' it bud.I do appollogize for this interuption.

PS if this track is anything like ur 'The Gap' aka Volunteer in Tennesee, we are all in for a heck of a ride. I luv the raised corners u Americans have or is that the Southerners...? Ooh, that's ur kinda' country aye Shock... Really cool. Thank you also to, Shock and anyone else involved with u Ray, on doin this track with u. Macon rules!!! And an appollogy to Yenko, too. Mate, ur right..; ur suggested track should hav won F1's track contest. 4th place really sucked!!!

Yeah all the tracks down here in the south seem to be more banked than the north tracks. Tennessee is probably the highest banked tracks in the country and they are pretty much all red clay. Tazewell is banked like crazy even on the straightaways. Bristol (The NASCAR track) also happens to be in Tennessee. Not sure why but they love the banked tracks and short tracks here.

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21819

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Freakin perfect Ray. The tires in the corner are perfect, too. Hopefully they're far enough off where we won't be hitting them. How high did you make the posts? The victory lane podium really is perfect lol, even the staircase in the same spot. Keep up the good work. We got so many wooden posts you could put some where the big tires are too if you want. Awesome job!

Re: BMS Macon Speedway 2k12 12 years 3 months ago #21852

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
yeah Shock i will let you lighten the tires....i tried but they turned blue...also i can not get gs apart so i will start the alp stands

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 28 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form