Sunday, May 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8191

• BLS v6!
  • BLS v6!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
Sorry to bust your little bubbles, but for 1, rfactor is going to rfactor 2 so get your wallets back open: the old crack prolly won't work!!! for 2, NO ONE is going to spend over $100 to get a video card, the ones that have, already sent them back! 3, the cars handle like POOP in rfactor!!! 3, the only vehicle I have even came close to liking in rfactor is the latest DTRfactor and if you get a little glitch you lose 20 car lengths and your car is lost. the handleing in rfactor is no where even close to real racing, I admit it is a lil more fun than DTR2 in that area cause you get to fight the wheel and there are no mirors, (you can turn mirrors off in DTR2), but that's only one area!!! There are NEW players coming in every week in DTR2, people are leaving rfactor to come race with us. the drafting is more fun, the racing is 2 grooved on some tracks (unlike rfactors 1 groove by the tires), you don't have to be the best setup maker to win. The rookies come in with no setups and are only .2-.5 off, in rfactor, the newbies come in 4-5 seconds slower and the guys that have been runnin forever run them off, we in DTR2 will help in ANY WAY POSSIBLE, not by just clicking send a garage setup, but by telling them why, where and how to run. At least when you glitch in DTR2 you only stop and go real quick or have skipping, but you can still catch up and maybe even win, if you glitch in rfactor, your DONE!!! So to say DTR2 is Dying is misconceptual, in fact it is THRIVING!!! WAIT TILL RACING SEASON IS OVER then we will see the numbers rise. Sure we can't get 40 people on the track at once, and it would be nice to get 20, but we do stll have great car counts, hell the 1st VLR race this season brought in over 40 people, we had so many we had to use another vent. Sure we may be "Old School", but doyou ever see a HOT Beautiful girl with a newly developed virgin? NO you see her with the mature experienced Older One that can Provide. All rafctor has brought to some of us is anger and misery, from having to buy the game to buying a video card to quitting the game and losing all that money to go over to game you just put in and race. I, IMO, would rather drive a 1969 Dodge Charger with a REAL Hemi 4 barrled Carborator, instead of the highly computered fuel injected cant work on it POS 2011 Dodge Charger!!! JMO, BUt in REALITY DTR2 IS "NEVER GONNA DIE" Just like Rock and Roll, you can throw all your Dr. Dre's and Snoop Doggs in my CD player but AC\DC is still gonna play!!!!
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8192

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
Oh YA, AND ther are NO "RATES" and "Sensitivities" to mess with on DTR2, and it seems no one is willing to help out on those things in rfactor, and if you ask, they just call you a dumbass and wreck ya to get by!!!
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Last edit: by BLS v6!.

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8196

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Jsn.......you just became one of my favorite posters on here ever..... B)
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8198

• JFR_Jim
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 104
Dtr2 is beastly. Great post Jsn.
JFR

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8209

• xxx
  • xxx
  • Thank you received: 6
Jsn just spouting off again , my my my
lol itll be funny when he figures out who i am
xxx

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8218

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
Naw I am just tired of all the DTR2 bashing from the Dickfactor guys. They too damn slow to race over here and I aint never seen one of em race over here, and the ones that do get smoked and go back to rfactor. IMO rfactor is worse than VHRfactor which I couldnt even find the exit from the pits on. I mean how many games are out there like this perticular game. NONE!!! Cause no one has been smart enough, hell r factor was designed for pavement racing not dirt, and it was only supposed to be used by the engineers and drivers for professional racing. It was only supposed to be for development and now people use it as a game. LMFAO that's like using the prototype car to race with the developed car lmfao!!! And I WILL find out who u r!!!! ;)
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8219

• xxx
  • xxx

Jsn , you should just relax with a nice bowl of soup

and , to keep with the telling what the photo is.......

thats rhubarb soup
xxx

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8224

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
HotDiaperSoup wrote:

Jsn , you should just relax with a nice bowl of soup

and , to keep with the telling what the photo is.......

thats rhubarb soup

I LOVE RHUBARB SOUP!!!!!! I have some growing in my backyard (not soup idiots)!!!
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8226

• xxx
  • xxx
you have idiots growing in your backyard?
heeheehee
xxx

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8231

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
you must have noticed that i DIDN"T use a comma after soup, therefor tying the sentence together making idiots the subject of my backyard!!! LMAO!!!
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8236

• RowDy
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 1
Jason..I love ya like a bro man..really do..But nobody said that dtr2 is gonna just completely die out...Some ppl just want to try something differnt other than a 10 year old game..Just like me and my team..We're goin to rfactor..But we're also stayen in dtr2 just to put on a few runs for ppl who wanna come out for the hell of it if they get bored..Now i will say a couple things about both games.

Rfactor is a game that sims a real race car as close as possible (FOR SOME CARS) not all,thats a given.I do see a downside to that cause real racers thats raced a dirtcar catch on how to drive that game cause it comes natural to them quicker than it does for ppl are are only computer game experts cause there is a big difference in that..So thats one down side to the game.The 2nd downside is yes,the glitching is a problem to some but its not the game,its your computer or the internet itself to where it probably does not match up with the game requirements just like every game has requirments for a computer or internet to run a game right..I've seen ppl ping so High that they car looks like its skipping across the track and then they just disappear..In dtr2..If your ping is high,your car is spinning and taking ppl out and then if you lose connection,your froze on the track and then the race is ruined,in rfactor..if you lose connection..your car leaves completely allowing racers to keep racing with no concern of of a car being stuck on the track...Now I have been hearing alot of ppl talk about the "assholes" in rfactor with sets and other things making it seem like Dtr2 has the best helpers in the world..News Flash..thats the dumbest statement i've heard yet...Yes,I've witnessed drivers ask for help and sets and guys running tags would just be COMPLETE DOUCHE BAGS...BUT..the SAME kinda personalities ARE IN DTR2 as well!..ANY GAME IS THE SAME and common sense to anyone should know that IT ALL DEPENDS on who you race with the most and take the time to actually get to know the person that basically tells you and lets you know who you want to race with..You have to search around for the right ppl..Rfactor has the ppl..and so does dtr2..When i 1st started..i dealt with that same problem with ppl scared to give out sets or give any kinda help..and thankfully and i say it with pride that when i was on XCR the ONE GUY who took me under his wing with ANY help i needed was basically the person that i've called my dad on this game was XCR_26 aka SLINGIN'DIRT!!!!..Which im sure the ppl who know him know who im talking about!..So yes..it goes BOTH WAYS for both games...Rfactor has its ppl who are complete assholes who wanna give no help..but so does dtr2..they're both in the SAME BOAT if ya think about it..they're games thats got OR getting old and ppl are migrating to another game..thats how it always goes..And just cause ppl are coming to dtr2 dont mean that they've left the other game..just means they're willing to try something different..Just like ppl in dtr2 who races over in rfactor..they still race in dtr2..so it does'nt make dtr2 "better" and have the "better" ppl in it just cause some new ppl are coming over..just means they wanna try soemthing different while still putting their focus on the game that they already play...So honestly..there's not one game thats better than the other...Its just one thats older than the other..Both games have issues with ppl who cant race..Both games have issues with assholes who aint willing to help..So with this said..i really hope i explained it good enough that noone should be sitting here trying to judge that dtr2 Sh*t done stink..cuz it has its problems with ppl just like ANY game would.

Still love ya Jason! :laugh:
I Know Im great and I can say that and it be 100% true..Cuz if i was'nt so great..You would've found someone else to hate on by now!!..Nuff Said.

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8239

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
TXR_RowDy wrote:

Jason..I love ya like a bro man..really do..But nobody said that dtr2 is gonna just completely die out...]

REALLY?? WOODALL been bashing DTR2 all day, saying it's gonna DIE!!!!

"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8242

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Well, honestly, DTR2 IS better. And I am actually good at rFactor, too. If you judge the games by RACING and strictly racing, DTR2 is light years better. And first and foremost that's why I play the game is to race, not look at how shiny my car looks, or dodge 10 drivers all over the track that usually would be in the b main in dtr2!
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8243

• RowDy
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
Well thats all in his opinion just like everybody has the right to their opinion..now i didnt get to read anything on here cuz i just got home and aint seen anything yet with him sayen that,so i'll have to search around to see it unless the comments got deleted..but dtr2 aint gods give to sim racing..all games are equal and has its problems with ppl who race in them..but the honest fact is there is no reason to say that dtr2 IS the best game out there..dtr2 is honesly a fantasy game...u dont draft in a dirt car(fantasy)..you dont shift 10 million times in a dirtcar(fantasy)....thats just not real racing..and yes i understand that the game was made in a time where the thought process was not fully thought out..but man..every game has its issues...im just tired of ppl honestly believing that dtr2 crap dont stink..thats just crazy..i dont see why ppl dont open their eyes and see that all games has issues...listen'n to someone say that dtr2 is the best and has no problems is like dealin with an annoy'n asshole at work everyday at 7 in the morning comes in and says "Im the greatest fker here and you sh*ts would die without me"...i mean it would just get to a point to where you would sit there and tell yourself that its just getting stupid...But for ppl to throw another game under the bus just cause some of yall found the assholes in rfactor dont mean that all drivers who play dtr2 are saints.
I Know Im great and I can say that and it be 100% true..Cuz if i was'nt so great..You would've found someone else to hate on by now!!..Nuff Said.

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8244

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
Boot, I raced mini sprints for 30 years, and rfactor is nowhere close to real racing other than the fact of fighting the wheel. In real racing the groove is different every single race, not stuck on the bottom so the guy that has the most seat time and best setup wins. Real racing, the grooves move around and there is a heck of a cushin at the top by the end of the night with all the rubber and mud, so in most cases the guy that can hold the rim can usually bull nose his way around the circuit. I won alot and lost alot on the rim. DTR2 is way better for real racers, because of the agression you can learn on here. I retired last year but noticed I was way more aggresive on the track running DTR2. I understand that rfactor is new, but not everyone has thousands of dollars to buy the best stuff possible to play a game that your going to lose 90-99% of the time. With that said, Woodall has been bashing DTR2 like crazy today, I am just putting my 2 cents back at him. I happen to love DTR2 and the people in it, and I HAVE NEVER heard someone turn down help to someone like I have at rfactor. Sure we are gonna give ya crap if you aint running to par, but that is why just about everybody has put their sets up on here. I know of MANY instances where I was in rfactor and asked for a setup at least 10 times , with not one person out of 20 responding. But I don't think you have been reading the threads today, that is why this has all been put out, i did'nt take my bingers, and Woodall bashing DTR2 and saying it's gonna die, got me going.!!!!
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8245

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
So it's OK to throw DTR2 under the bus huh? Just seems like your are contradicting yourself by saying people are stupid for saying a game is great, but isn't that what your are saying about rfactor??
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8246

• xxx
  • xxx

bibbity bobbity boo
cant we all just get along
xxx

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8247

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
1. DTR2 wasn't meant to be realistic...look how many people still play it.
2. SBS Late Models and Dirtfactor were meant to be realistic...look how many people play that.
3. DTRfactor is supposed to be similar to dtr2 handling wise, people are actually playing it somewhat.
4. DTR2 is better
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8248

• RowDy
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
Well all im gonna say is dtr2 is in the same boat with assholes who play it..plain and simple....Another thing im gonna ask..is have you raced in another server yet OTHER than shocks that has ALL the rules turned on to where it simulates real racing?..cuz the last i seen..shock has all that turned off..the tire wear , fuel usage..everything..and last i checked that WILL make you have to drive the car different and WILL make a race multi-grooved..so yes..running in a server where all the rules are off IS NOT racing..and shocks server has all that OFF..Now..Im not gonna say anything else about this cuz now its gettin to a point where im getting pissed..So if ya wanna talk more about it..then you can find me on teamspeak.

Re: DTR2 IS NEVER GONNA DIE!!!!!! 12 years 10 months ago #8249

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
Think about it tho, would you rather be the guy that can wake up very happy about his life and career, or would you rather wake up pissed at the world and piss evryone off all day? I can take a happy fkr just cant take agry fkr's
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 22 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form