Saturday, May 18, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #55993

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
www.facebook.com/dtr2races

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT! Ok guys, this page has been up for only about 36 hours and has already received 448 likes at the time of this posting! That's amazing.

With that, we've had a ton of people messaging us already on how to get the game, and some of them saying that they can't figure out how to get the one on www.teamvlr.com to work properly. Well, we have a big announcement to make.

Here in the next day or two, we plan to upload the game, FULLY PRE-INSTALLED and absolutely free. And we plan to make it extremely easy to download and get working where you will literally only have to make a couple clicks to be ready to race and compete online or offline with the best drivers in the game.

Here's what we plan to include in this package:

All the latest tracks for DTR2, including the full list of tracks on the VLR schedule. There are some great tracks that have came out the last couple years that people returning to the game likely have never seen. The quality of these tracks are unparalleled in other dirt racing games. Virtually all of them include fantastic AI as well.

The latest chassis and skins. Will likely include Late Models, Sprints, and more.

VLR_Shock's Xbox 360 Controller Setups
Buck's Keyboard Setups
IGGR_Softshoes Wheel setups.

The 2013 Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Offline series featuring tracks and drivers from the Lucas Oil series tour. Created by BLS_Ray!

Like we said, the plan is to have everything bundled nicely into one big .exe file where you should only have to make a couple clicks to be up and running. The game will already be pre-tuned to the best settings to make you competitive from the get go. The only thing you should have to mess with is the graphics/screen resolution.

All we ask is that if you like it when it comes out (hopefully this week), that you make a small donation to the www.teamvlr.com site for all the hard work they do for the game. It's not required though, but would help pay for the website/servers they provide.

How does all that sound guys?!
Team VLR - Racing since 2004
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLS v6!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #55995

• Starnes
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 33
why not throw the sprint series in as well?
he didn't slam you he didn't bump you he didn't nudge you he rubbed you and rubbin is racin!

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56011

sounds like a great idea.

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56012

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Starnes I tried to throw in the Sprints but it'll be too huge of a file with those included since you run a lot of tracks that aren't pre included in the pack. But this is the first time I've seen your sprint series and I'm gonna install it on my PC hopefully. Glad to see I made it as the #1 driver on it :D

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56013

sprints series is decent only 1 thing I noted was dtr 34 track? don't think it works with ai bro could be wrong. hey shock
Great idea and glad see more more ppl returning and interested in game

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56015

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
Shock, if you want to upload my setups, they have about every car we ever run and a lot of the newer tracks. I can update it to get the most recent tracks in there too, they are real good for beginners and have A LOT of setups for A LOT of cars and tracks. Just a thought.
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56020

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Jason your setups were one of the five I added to the pack :). I took some folders out to save space though, but I included setup folders for all the chassis that are included in the pack. Thanks a lot man!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLS v6!

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56069

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
3,000 downloads later.......holy damn.......that's kinda scary actually considering its been up for what? A day and a half? A day?
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56071

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Lol. It's only been downloaded about 30 times. I just reset the date to today and changed the link in the original download for DTR2. It already had about 3090 before the other link was posted. DeadBolt was askin me the same thing. 3000 downloads in a day and the game would just like kill itself

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56080

Its actually been disabled by the host when I just tried to click on it. Does this version fix the D3D8 issue with Windows 8? I tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find on the board.

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56081

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I have a temporary link back up that you can try, while I work on making a new one that installs to the right folder and creates Desktop shortcuts.

I doubt it will fix that problem, but the way other users fixed the Windows 8 issue was by setting resolution to like 1280x1024 or something like that and disabling 32-bit textures if I remember right. It was the exact same error as you just said.

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56101

• Passmod
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey guys,

I just want to ask and make sure this will be available for the immediate future. I just ordered a new gaming PC and am about to order a DFGT wheel. My PC will arrive in about a week and i'm hoping to be able to DL this file at that point. I'll definitely make a small donation at that time. I've only ever played iRacing and rFactor but it's been a few years, I'm definitely interested in this, but how is it online? A lot of warping I assume?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56102

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi Jeff,

1. Yes the download will still be available, even if we have to link it through a different site. We hope to have it permanently available.

2. No there is not much warping at all, why do you say that? There will be a lot of warp if you live in Australia or New Zealand, though. But the servers we have these days are much better than they used to be and as long as everyone's ping is pretty stable there is virtually no warp.

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56103

as long as you have good net ping you dont get warping,the game will be here for download hope to see you back for racing
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

Last edit: by AIR_ST24.

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56104

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
And a donation would be great, it's not required, though. We rarely get any donations and all we need is $40 a month to make this site self-sufficient, but usually we get $0 a month lol.

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56105

• Eric41
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm the best
  • Thank you received: 64
The download worked fine with me. but none of my skins are in there!!!!!!!! :( :angry: :angry: :sick: :evil: :pinch:

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56106

• Passmod
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

VLR_Shock wrote: Hi Jeff,

1. Yes the download will still be available, even if we have to link it through a different site. We hope to have it permanently available.

2. No there is not much warping at all, why do you say that? There will be a lot of warp if you live in Australia or New Zealand, though. But the servers we have these days are much better than they used to be and as long as everyone's ping is pretty stable there is virtually no warp.

Hey again,

I had assumed there would be warping because back in the day when I played N2k3 there used to be a ton, as time went on it seemed to disappear, and only gets bad now if someone has a bad connection in iRacing. Great to hear there is very little warp. I'll give myself a few weeks to learn how to be quick in this game before I venture online, the winter blast series you guys have seems like a fun way to make the non-racing season go by. Although around here the first race is in mid February (Lincoln Speedway)

Thanks,
Jeff.

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56107

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Here, you can normally tell who will and who won't warp before the races even start. On the side in the chatroom, theres a column labeled pings. If somebody has a ping up over 100 their car will probably have a bubble or will be moving around the track sideways. Most people running series generally agree that 125 is about the limit. Any higher and it will ruin the race, so people with pings like that are given like 5 minutes to try to fix it or they just don't race.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56108

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82

dancazman96 wrote: Its actually been disabled by the host when I just tried to click on it. Does this version fix the D3D8 issue with Windows 8? I tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find on the board.

I have Win 8 and run my game in 1440x900. All you have to do is right click icon, click troubleshoot compatability, run DTR2 in WIndows XP, problem solved. Not sure but you might have to DL Direct X, I use DX13, My Win 8 didn't come with Direct X, not sure why tho.
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Huge DTR2 announcement (From Facebook) 10 years 4 months ago #56761

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
great work keeping the facebook page updated

it hasnt been updated since jan9

it got a lot of attention at first

and now it seems like its going the way of all previous dtr2 facebook pages - unused

the least that could happen with it is be updated daily with the races for that day

i asked 2 times to have the info so i could update it and was basically replied to with a joke

i have no interest in updating the facebook page now

just bringing it to attention that is seems as tho it will be another failed attempt at getting more people involved
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 29 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form