Wednesday, May 08, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50093

• Mama Tiger
  • Mama Tiger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 9
After listening to the events that occurred in last night’s Midnight Madness race, I think there needs to be some discussion on respect.

Imagine this happening in a NASCAR race: Kyle Larson gets loose under Mark Martin, doesn’t lift and runs into him; Martin loses a couple seconds, but catches back up to Larson. Martin passes Larson again, choosing to take the high road and pass him clean. Larson attempts to pass Martin again, and gets loose under him and (again) doors Martin, putting Martin back a few seconds again. This finally gets under Martin’s skin and he puts Larson in the wall, ensuring that Larson finishes behind him. Not a genius move on Martin’s part, but understandable from an experienced racer’s point of view. After the race, Martin goes over to Larson’s trailer and confronts him about his driving. Rather than apologize for his obvious moronic behavior, Larson starts yelling at Martin, calling him an old man, saying he doesn’t know how to drive, and telling him to settle down so he doesn’t have a heart attack.

This wouldn’t really happen in real life, I know. We’re using this as an example. Kyle Larson is an up-and-coming, awesome driver in NASCAR. Mark Martin is a well respected, long standing member of the NASCAR family. What would your opinion of Larson be had this really happened? For those of us that have watched Martin race for years, we’d think what a punk kid Larson is. Who the heck does he think he is? What is wrong with his family and the people around him that he thinks it’s OK to act like that? Now what do you think NASCAR would do to Larson? Maybe nothing, but at the very least, they’d bring him to the NASCAR trailer and have a talk about respect.

Racing is racing. Accidents happen. Morons are out there every race. That’s part of life. When it happens time and time again by the same person, and that same person shows absolutely no respect for the game or the people that helped make the game what it is today, something needs to be done.

IF YOU RUN INTO SOMEONE, SLOW DOWN, LET THEM BACK PAST, OR AT LEAST RECOVER. IT’S REALLY NOT THAT COMPLICATED! THIS IS A GENTLEMAN’S WAY OF DRIVING.

As far as respect after the driving is done, that shouldn’t be something that needs to be discussed. Apparently it does. All these kids (under age 18) have pretty much invaded the game. That’s great, as long as they show respect for the older, more experienced drivers. League “owners” need to make sure these kids (and a few young adults) are behaving if they’re going to let them race in their league. If these children are going to behave and talk like what I heard last night, they should be banned from racing with the adults. I have a 13 year old son. I know what he is doing on his computer at all times. If I ever caught him speaking to an adult like what I heard last night, he would be re-introduced to my hand or closest solid object. League “owners” can’t be parents and shouldn’t have to be parents. However, you are putting yourself up as a leader in the DTR2 community and should ensure that these kids learn how to drive (and act) respectfully in your league, before, during, and after the race. If this isn’t something a league “owner” wants to do, I can guarantee when the adult drivers experience what happened last night, they won’t show up to your races anymore. You’ll be stuck with disrespectful, snot-nosed kids to race with. Boy, that sounds like a lot of fun, huh?

Now, if there are any children still reading this post, this is directed to you. If you try to drive respectfully and act like a gentleman after the race, good job! You are well on your way to becoming a great DTR2 driver that everyone wants to race with and looks forward to seeing at league races. If you think it’s funny to wreck people during the races and then speak to adults disrespectfully afterwards, I feel sorry for you. I’m sorry there isn’t someone in your life that can direct you in a more positive way. I’m sorry your parents have let you down. There are some good role models in this game that I’m sure would be happy to guide you into becoming a well-respected driver. All you have to do is settle down with the reckless driving, chill out with the disrespectful talk after the race, and let someone know you could use a mentor.

I’m sure there will be some smart aleck comments in response to this post. If that’s your way of doing things, that’s an issue you need to deal with yourself. Step up and take responsibility; don’t take a step back and respond with immaturity.

All this being said, I hope most of all that the league “owners” take more responsibility for their races. Otherwise, the game is going to go downhill at a much faster pace than it is already. DTR2 is a great game and it would be a shame to see all the favorite drivers leave (like some have done already) because of a few immature children.

Much love,
Chrissy (McGee’s wife, Cyclone’s mom, AKA Mama Tiger)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50095

" I’m sorry there isn’t someone in your life that can direct you in a more positive way. I’m sorry your parents have let you down"

This phrase has always upset me, Maybe perhaps MOM and DAD don't know no better because Grandpaw and Gradmaw did not know better because Great Granpaw and Grandmaw did not know no better................see where im going ? Just like that kim jun dude in north korea, he acts like that cause he just knows no better, but look and grand pap of kim jun and you'll understand.............. lol
Greezy/Comet #4 Slidell La.

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50100

greezy ur awesome, but idk how u raise ur son, but whether i tok him out or not, when he snaps at me, i snap back my parent raised me not to be a PUSSY, maybe u shld do the same... lmao and who the fk are u?? let mcgee(old fuck) fight his own battles, AND AGAIN MCGEE IM 16 SO BEAFORE U ASK AGAIN THERE U CAN read it :P bye bye now :P

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50101

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 44
ha, your kidding, Right Gage. cause you have prooved to us thats exactly what you are A keyboard pussy. If you get passed on the track you take that person out or go backwards or wait on the track for them and wreak them. I've see you do it 3 times now. No telling how many times you have really done that idiotic crap. But hey, if thats what your moma tought ya, well, I guess it isn't all your fault you just don't know any better. maybe you should post her phone number so we can have a chat with her.

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50103

bitch i gave u my address, come on old timer

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50104

lmfao and, 812-571-0300

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50105

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
I think we're all forgetting the important part about Friday nights race. J-MAC WINS CAREER WIN #4!!!!!!!

Now regarding the McGee vs Gage thing that's going on here. From what I could see since I was right there when it happened and I went back and watched the replay, it looked like a whole lot of overreacting. Both were racing hard for the lead and they both ran into turn 3 hard. McGee lifted and slid up and there was no way Gage could have missed him. McGee got knocked sideways and the both came out of it just behind me with Trav in between them.

Now this is where the dirty driving begins.

McGee decides he's going to exact revenge on Gage for that and he drives it into 1, going THRU Trav in the process, and spend the next lap and a half trying to wreck Gage instead of continuing to race and trying to win which either one of them very well could have if McGee didn't think wrecking Gage was priority #1.

Neither one of them was taken out of contention for the win when they got together fighting for the lead. They did lose all chances of winning by McGee attempting to wreck Gage and anybody around him trying to get to Gage.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*
The following user(s) said Thank You: WFO 13x

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50106

• Gei$ler
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 221

ERL_J-MAC wrote: I think we're all forgetting the important part about Friday nights race. J-MAC WINS CAREER WIN #4!!!!!!!

Now regarding the McGee vs Gage thing that's going on here. From what I could see since I was right there when it happened and I went back and watched the replay, it looked like a whole lot of overreacting. Both were racing hard for the lead and they both ran into turn 3 hard. McGee lifted and slid up and there was no way Gage could have missed him. McGee got knocked sideways and the both came out of it just behind me with Trav in between them.

Now this is where the dirty driving begins.

McGee decides he's going to exact revenge on Gage for that and he drives it into 1, going THRU Trav in the process, and spend the next lap and a half trying to wreck Gage instead of continuing to race and trying to win which either one of them very well could have if McGee didn't think wrecking Gage was priority #1.

Neither one of them was taken out of contention for the win when they got together fighting for the lead. They did lose all
chances of winning by McGee attempting to wreck Gage and anybody around him trying to get to Gage.

GFJ ANGEL!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: J-MAC

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50107

yes sorry jmac for not congratlatin u caught up in someones crap lol Bt GFJ ANGEL :)

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50112

• Mama Tiger
  • Mama Tiger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 9

Well here's (half) of the replay that Nate Rickman posted on Facebook. It shows the 2nd and 3rd time Gage doored Rusty. It also shows Rusty passing Gage clean twice. And it even shows that Rusty didn't take anyone out while ensuring Gage finished behind him. If you'll notice, Trav came up on Rusty, knocked his front left and got it all tangled up even more. Granted Rusty did "exact" revenge by making sure Gage finished "exactly" behind him ;)

What it doesn't show (conveniently enough) is when Gage doored Rusty the first time.

Several veterans of the game have watched this and agree Rusty did nothing wrong and Gage deserved what he got.

I'd trust the opinions of the veterans over opinions of teenie boppers any day.

It's sad that these kids still aren't getting the main point of the original post. It wasn't to defend Rusty; it was over for him when the race itself ended. But when my son and I have to sit here and listen to a child speak to an adult the way Gage did, it only started then for me. It's not about what happened during the race. It's about what happened after the race. My post is posted on my behalf, not Rusty's. It's really posted on the adult men's behalf that bust their ass working all week and want to have a good time racing and talking with other men who have similar interests, only to be screwed up by punk kids like Gage. The MEN that play this game work too damn hard to be disrespected by children that don't have a care in the world. I'm sure Gage will have some smart remarks to say; that's fine; whatever floats your boat. All I would like to see come out of my post is for team owners to step up and wipe out some of the trash that's weeded it's way into the game. I'm done with this post, I've made my point and you're definitely in my prayers Gage.

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50119

;) ur fucking stupid lol, if someone start rippin on me ima rip back, idc how old ur umbass man is, r just as much as a waste of space on this earth as he is

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50120

:laugh: all i said was that you couldnt race without beatin and bangin...as everybody already knows so...rip 1st then get ripped back..looks like u ended up behind me lmao

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50121

Congrats mcgee!!!! im proud of you

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50134

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 124
SMH

Gage wrote: ;) ur (bleep)ing stupid lol, if someone start rippin on me ima rip back, idc how old ur umbass man is, r just as much as a waste of space on this earth as he is

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50136

:laugh: i was too when i read that Brian..especially after reading it..or trying to anyway.

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50137

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
It's unfortunate but true.....between the apparent cheating and obvious disrespect this game and this community has fallen to new lows. Thank God for offline racing.

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50139

ROFL :P keep hatin guys xD i love it :P actually had a descent race with mcgee today, and licmer lol who are u? xD ur like the BLS_NOBODY haha

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50140

Too lazy to start new thread. Just want to say thanks to McGee for letting me qualify for my second VLR Amain. I probably came down in front of you a little, and you let me back in, only to get taken out yourself. Just when I was starting to think about quitting this game because of all the nonsense. That was a classy move and you got boned for it. Was looking forward to the Bmain being a good race with you and Kev, not really caring if I made it or not.

Also, DGJ Jmac.

Now back to the action. I will start off new argument.

Best Burt Reynolds film

W.W. and the Dixie Dance Kids

Prove me wrong
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Col. Sanders
The following user(s) said Thank You: J-MAC

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50141

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
ROFL keep hatin guys xD i love it actually had a descent race with mcgee today, and licmer lol who are u? xD ur like the BLS_NOBODY haha

Really dude? I never mentioned your name. Guess that's what get for doing your skins and giving you props when I thought you deserved them. So you attack me? If it suits you I guess.

Respect 11 years 3 weeks ago #50142

That was not towards you eathier. Mcgee and BLS_NOBODY up there (licmer)

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 229 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form