Saturday, May 18, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3722

how many true rookies do we have racing now? when i created dtrs it was for ppl like me gave rookies place learn without being booted out room before gave chance to race iv been online racing off on since 04 i have won maybe 6 races in my years i race becuse fun not to win i have won a few champs but didnt bother me to lose or win i was woundring how many true rookies we had and if they wanted to race 2 tracks alter each week running 3 classes cars on a relistinc format but not to win champ or even a race but to learn the game of driving and getting track time jw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3724

• VLR_Kp
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 58
What is the exact definition of a rookie? different series have different requirements. Is it first year? no wins in any league race? or no major league wins?

Re: true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3726

ppl that have never won excprt offline i have 4 total wins online since 04 winning to me is not impotant having fun is id like to have a class of ppl that never won any online races or are not very good at racing yet and as u said each has a difrent definition iv raced with best and worst no mater what i always tryed have fun

Re: true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3728

I would consider myself an online rookie. I've run races in browser and actually won 1 (there was only 3 cars and 2 of them wrecked) I have been a little leary about entering some of the league races because of what I have been reading in the forum on here lately. I have ventrilo downloaded but not real sure how to use it. I would run in a series or league like the one you are talking about where if I screw up I don't take a championship or important points away from someone who runs every week. It's a game and I just want to have fun racing against other people cause whoopin the ai cars is getting alittle boring.

Re: true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3729

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Racer51 wrote:

I would consider myself an online rookie. I've run races in browser and actually won 1 (there was only 3 cars and 2 of them wrecked)

Hahahaha. That's EXACTLY how I won my first race in dtr2...and probably the most excited I got after winning :laugh:

After I was told to change my realism to 100% and get setups I started winning in the browser all the time, though!
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3730

yeah it was a great feeling!!lol I got sets (mostly the ones posted here) but no matter what I do I seem to get killed off of the corner. I've tried shifting, watch the replays posted here and changed my lines to what the fast guys are running but it doesn't seem to matter.

Last edit: by Racer51.

Re:True Rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3744

Rookies will wipp your furry ass you ass weeper????
Buzz off!!!!
Go play with all the housewives of America!!! We're all Dirt trackers in here man..! Get alife...!!!! Have you no common??!!!!

Racer51...? I know exactly what your sayin'. That is true, and if we all felt like that, then as the numbers shrink online to 1, Shock horror... Sorry the for punn Howard.... You get my drift ha.... It's all over. DTR2 will die, even though us old blokes that haven't caught yet up with the latest technology of what they call communication... Think they call it texting..?? You know... On one of those colourful plastic fantastic boxes with a TV built into the front of it..... There will always be those that go into the browsers just for fun, searching out a race or two no matter what so maybe it won't completely die like it's been trying to do for the last few years. I've done online for fun, a couple of times like you, and ended up being woopassed by some smarmy 10 year od wacko...!! It's a killer when it happens I know, but us old blokes have to stand up and say, "We're still functioning kid and give us some more practice at it, and we'll finally wipp yours!!!"... To be thrashed within an inch of your life, and I don't mean on the finish line either... Ooh no....!! About a lap in front of you...!! You have to ask, how do they do that? Maybe if we found others like us, who know what fun we could all have running single file around a very wide track, then hey... Why not.

Darren..? Its great that you want to take the time and run a series for us old rookies, veterans, retards. Could be a good thing, and I think that anyone reading this topic, who is old enough to spell or press all the right keys to write in here, even if it does kill them..; or take about half a day to find all the keys to type it up, then I'm willing to race them... Guarenteed they're the ones that will still be sat on the start line when I'm done boy, wonderiing which direction to race in.... Knowing my luck Darren, you're probably that 10 year old that wooped me... Anyway... Depending on how long it will be before I get my gaming disc from the lockup and find the box with my old XP driven computer in, I'm in.

I challenge all other sofa drivers who think they are retards or good at something, even if it is to drive around in circles, to put their name in here, and have some darn good fun. Right Darren? Otherwise... Why did you sign up for...? To get tracks and new cars for your offline experience..? Or are you seriously wanting to keep this site, this League going? I think you do.... I do.

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Re:True Rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3746

good replys guys and paul im old timer to or middle wave anyways lol iv hosted almost as long as shock but i still get my but wopped online do i get mad no do i care not really im out to have fun ill race just about anyone there a few excptions to that but if u guys want a rookie sereis what class or classes and what days be good for ya sundys i can start about 8 weekdays 9 earlest becuse work most sereis run gen 3s now i like nsdra lm and ps i do run game mods to not as good in them though

Re:True Rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3756

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
A "TRUE" Rookie, is someone who hasn't won in a major league race!! Major meaning, VLR WFO DO!T BLS XCR and maybe some others I have left out!

When first starting this game, anyone will get mad when they have a fast car and get beat cause a guy bumped you on the way by, that's the competitor in us! If you don't get mad, then I want the drugs you are on!!! After getting some seat time you finally realize, this is just a game! I don't care if I win, I just enjoy all the people that are on vent and talking to me!!!! I been married 10 years so all my friends are long gone, we don't drink and have children so my time is speant at home. So "hanging out" with the people on vent or teamspeak is an awesome thing!!! Therefore, the "competitor" in me turned into a more of Let's Party type of racer!!! Once you let go of the drive to win, you will have the most fun you have ever had when someone wrecks in front of you and takes you with them, cause you will be laughing too hard to care!!! And for not wanting to run league races cause of the forum, don't worry bout that crap, without drama, you have no emotion, with no emotion you have no game!!! :blink:
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3765

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
True Rookie is just that..someone who has never raced online competively or not at all to me anyway...I imagine anyone that owns the game has ventured onto the game browser before and has raced a few and those who prefer to just race offline for their own reason and those who have tried online and were discouraged by the results.. So a series or league should be for those who seldom race online just to give them a comfort zone to race with those who have the same or similar experience and just like in real racing some are good and some my never get it but still keep on trying.. For those who show great promise and skills they should be given a audition with a proven team..The reason for a rookie class should be to get seat time, learn setups and how a change effects it, learn lines and how track wetness affects lines, learn track/online/browser racing manners and learn to make the game fun for them and others involved..So I would suggest to all interested to check out Hoovers league and learn the ropes and sharpen your skills..Plus I think some of us old timers should maybe get involved to help out and refreshen our diminishing skills as well..Would be good for all..Again these are just my opinions and I only speak for only myself.. yenko2
Attachments:

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3766

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
just an idea , thinking out loud

what if someone started a "driving school" so to speak
say take a time slot , for example sunday afternoons at 2pm
could be held in a teams vent , with regular online driver X as host and if other online drivers happen to stop in and help from time to time so be it
not run as a league but more of a help session , question/answer , tips
how to setup a car and/or simulate some heat races , and just get practice time online with no real pressure , even a "league/series" with no point could prove to have some pressure

i realize thats what browser is and/or does , but even in the browser "rookies" may run into some regular online drivers who dont have the patients at that exact moment in time
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3768

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
Thats what we had back in the days of the NSDRA a drivers school then followed up after a few sessions with racing..Then a rookies series which in turn the top drivers would advance to a regular NSDRA series the the rest would continue in the rookie classes and series until they finally advanced. Great idea Deadbolt and I wish or hope someone has the time and place for this to happen and if so we need to promote it so people will attend...
Attachments:

Last edit: by yenko2.

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3771

That's exactly right... Cool ideas, fella's. I like that.

Okay... A question about the rule....

NO hyperventilating...??? What's that.... When your Shifting Stick gets sticky...? Or you're pumping it too much....?? Which is it?

Don't tell me... I know this one....
Wyen you get older you get a bit bent out of shape and you need to pump the shifter.... I knew it!!!!

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3777

Took me a bit to think out a reply to what you have stated, and not wanting to get into an argument with you; cos man, it's great to get a comment from any member on this forum. First of all, I think it's great that Hoover wants to take the time out to set up a race series for those that don't normally race. Secondly, it's far more omportant that we encourage them to do so, Hoover and the likes of the rookies...; those who decide to enter his series. Remember to get them in the door, get them racing and who knows what may happen... Maybe they will feel apart of this club, and I mean, club. That's what we are, are we not? The term Team is something else.... Hey... Great to have 300 oponents, up against you but having 4 racers is better than a kick... It's unrealistic to expect all the members of this club to want to race.... I think by referring to it as a team, as I have already stated in an earlier comment, is to race another team, like the Speedway teams in the UK (Speeway bikes)
Having so many from other teams sharing on this site is wonderful, and it means that if I bump into TXR_Rowdy, I'll know who my oponent is, right. I don't think that Hoover is suggesting that we use a Server as such. You can enter a vent for free. Fun starts with exactly that. If I'm wrong, then tell me so. The whole idea is to not chase the would be racers (Rookies) away by telling them it's costing mega bucks to hold a race meeting. Let's not do that. Instead lets change our behaviour to bring the racers back. Let's design our racing to encourage and include them. It's no good sectioning a small group. Some may view this as being in the click. Also some comments made by those upset drivers from teams events don't really help the probables. It is a shame that some are accused of cheating, and maybe they weren't but are left with this horrible taste in their mouths. You have to feel sorry for them, and it's not a question of running away, but rather bury the hatchet and move on so that those that are reading these topics, aren't discouraged. There's been far too much of that, and I for one, shy away from racing because of the attiotudes of a few, and again, whether they're innocent or guilty..... True..? I really love this game..... I am a Dirt tracker and would love to have simple fun witha bunch of like minded ppl who feel the same way. Could be that you yourself have been upset, and sounds to me like members from one team are dishing your team, right? Sad. Let's not do that.

I for one, am for classes of racers. I don't mind if they put me in with the geriatrics... Cool... If only 3 of them are still alive to race... Sad but I'll have fun with them, till I die.

Footnote ---- Would you not be better helping the Rookies learn to become the top racers so you can have more than 4 opponents to race and let the game live on?

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3779

I'm beginning to get what you're sayin. It is a shame then that one who wins can't log that as a career win, but hey, you can try and look at it from a different perspective. The victory is still his, and can't be taken away even if it's not logged due to it being a series, meaning Shock didn't return the following week to thrash them again. The glory of winning is special only, if it's done with the right spirit and attitude. I believe it's the fun that's then missing, should anyone take it to heart. I think that's why when the word Rookie is mentioned, that they think that he or she is an unknown and are far too cautious about racing them..... Maybe that's what it is... But unless they are prepared to give that Rookie a fair go and let them race, fool them. The game will die because of that.... But to get into racing to have fun is what we still need to acheive through our team, or Club. The forum is designed to be the club, where we vent our opinions. Some are good, some are bad. We either support our team or we needn't bother being a part of it if that's the case.
The question is, how do we change some attitudes to make this game a better one? The teams...? If we lose our teams as such, then it's time to bring in some new ones. There are still quite a number of teams out there racing, such as the one you are in at present. It's great to have all these teams still going and racing hard and sharing drivers from server to server to make things interesting, but what you're saying is, unless the team has an invite to race the other team, no win is recorded, right. It isn't right that a few destroy the spirit for the others, but hey.... I guess teams rules are teams rules. I think that's why it's great just being a Rookie. Not getting caught up in the poitics of it all but instead gettin' down and dirty, which I think was the sole purpose of this game in the first place. It means it takes you and me and many others to change the game around and get it back on track again, by bringing back the fun. Stick with it Rowdy.... Together, we'll get to the finish line, bro.

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3784

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
TXR_RowDy wrote:

My opinion of a true rookie is someone who has not won at a true legit league race..and a true legit league in MY opinion is a league who PAYS MONEY out their pocket for a vent for u to come in...pays money for servers for u to race in...now if its someone who won a "league race with only like 3 or 4 cars showing up..to me..thats not really a win..i dont think i would ever take a win with just that many cars to be honest cuz then i really would not have proven anything with just that many ppl...and as far as this stuff with ppl sayen oh well if ya aint won at XCR,WFO,BLS,VLR then u really aint won an A-Main..well im here to say..Thats a bunch of bullcrap..Cuz ALL TEAMS ARE EQUAL on this game..there is NOT ONE TEAM THATS BETTER THAN THE OTHER..Dont matter if one gets 15+ cars a week and the other just gets 10...dont matter if one team has 20 plus memebers and the other has just 5 to 10...ALL the teams that PAY for communication server AND race servers should be equal..cuz we're all the ones that are paying money out of our pockets for the rest to have fun and race on a game..if it was not for us..there WOULD BE NO DTR2...So..XCR,WFO,VLR,BLS,ERL,TXR and whoever else im leaving out..We're all equal if We're the ones paying for these things that allow up to talk and race on this game...So that makes us legit teams..Im just tired of ppl gettin on here sayen Oh this team is so much better than the rest..Great teams are defined by how well the WHOLE Team gets along..by how much u actually see your teammates on the team that ur on..by how much you help each other...But NONE of these teams are better than the other..We're all Equal..Just SOME are faster than some other drivers..but just cuz ur faster or have more team members does not mean that someone should purposely leave out other teams that are also allowing you to race on this game....JMO!

I think whay they are saying is that at those teams (BLS,VLR,XCR,WFO,Doit)usually have the toughest competition week in and week out. Now I can also say that I have had some great races at TXR and had to work for most the wins Ive gotten over at TXR.

To me I count any win that is an orginized race wether theres 4 or 40 drivers. Although the 40 feels alot better at the end of the night.
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3786

• rick
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 8
to me a win is a win i have one a few but not at wfo xcr/doit/vlr and dont know if i will the only outher way u could doit is say only people that have not ran more than 1 seoson in a leageand finished in points could race but thean u would noyn have manie run

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3822

you are so right Rick. In the real world of racing, a Rookie is someone who is in his or her first season of racing, which may cut a lot out of Darren's suggested series but shouldn't. I think if there are those out there that are Offline racers that are informed there wil be no hard racers joining, then they might feel comfortable at giving it a go. I think that's what he's hoping for. Otherwise we should look at that tier system and catergorize each racer, putting them into a class where they will feel comfortable about racing those at their own level so as to make it more exciting for them and fun.

Let me just say that it's sad when bickering does take place amongst leagues... A bit like a church group isn't it... Unless you're actively involved in it taking on important roles then you don't see all the politicing goin' on in the background. Hoover wants a simple series with no fuss just to get some racin' for those not willing to venture into Online racin' where they know they're bound to get their butts kicked. It's a start. I believe we need to either use the link to his site for those that wish to register or maybe a pic or small logo's in a row on the front page that promotes the racin', and once clicked it takes you into a page that informs the person of the series itself where they can place their interest, register their name and get the track and times for doin' it.

Don't know if that's pracvtical and I know it gets us back to the Rookie season again. I'm suggesting that we try various classes of racin', with different machines for those that are Novice. They can then pick their class which they'd like to belong to, (figure 8 League eg)and then they may feel they have a home to go to. Not stating they don't already have a home here at VLR as they do, thanks to Shock and team. Only a suggestion.

The driving class idea sounds really great guys... Love it.

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3824

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
a true racer knows when hes a rookie.cherry picking a rookie league is a chickensh*t move IMO.
if youve won a race at all then you shouldnt be a rookie.if youve ran more than 5 full series you shouldnt be a rookie either,this is racing not rocket science.nascar has people whove never won a nascar sanctioned race in any of their top 3 tiers and are no longer rookies.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Last edit: by DeadBolt.

Re:true rookies 13 years 2 months ago #3826

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 44
Ok, you think you can't be a Rookie if you won one race. I say you have to have won 3 races to be a considered a NON ROOKIE. Theres a lot of guys out there that have 1 or 2 wins but still struggle to get a big win. After your 3rd win you can no longer run a rookie series race. this will open the door for more cars running the rookie series and the series will last longer with allowing the 3 wins, any team can put up their own rookie series and keep it going.

Now in response to all the teams being equal, we all know thats not so, hell, Shock is a team on his own. however every team that has posted league races and put them races on is considered to be a legitimate league and as far as i'm concerened if you win a race from a legit team its a win.
Put a win in your win column. TXR, Erl, NFR, USRA, WDS, Woo, are definatly legit leagues. WFO, VLR, Doit, BLS, IFRT, XCR, may be the top leagues to be running, they are the most desireable, maybe because of the cars or tracks or the people associated with them, non the less people like them leagues, but we all should recognise the need for the smaller Leagues and what they do for the game. Lets keep it going and participate if you can, and most of all have fun.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 197 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form