Saturday, May 04, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23049

• Opeth
  • Opeth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 3
With the way league races have been going lately we REALLY need something like this or people are just going to start leaving this game, hopefully all leagues will start adopting this....Bull and I have been talking about this and this is what we've kind of came up with, if anyone else has suggestions feel free to put in your two cents!!!

Restart Rule: Restarts will be 2 restarts 1st 3 laps only for Heats and Consi races, 3 for A-Mains.

Caution Rule: If you are wrecked you can call for a caution and the guilty party will be sent to the tail end of the field. If you wreck by yourself and call for a caution you will be parked for the remainder of the race. If you cause 2 cautions you will also be parked for the remainder of the race. Caution rule will only apply after the first 3 laps of the race unless all restarts have been used, only then would you be able to call a caution within the first 3 laps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23050

• Opeth
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
Forgot to add that cautions will be lined up from the last completed lap in reverse rank so that the leader will start up front alone and if a caution is called with 3 or less laps the race will be called at that point.

Last edit: by Opeth.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23052

t could work but not sure how pc will do rank oreder even if on last lap u completed but hey its a start i ran 2 restarts first 2 laps of heat or main after 2nd lap u ran till end no yellows

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23055

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
I like but I don't like. Don't punish somebody if they lose it and spin themselves. They're already going to the back, its like insult to injury. Think of it this way, you're trying to pass somebody at Huset's or Grove and you catch the gate or the inside wall because you were pushing it hard off the turn or you dove in too low. You were the only one wrecked. Theres single car incidents at real races where they don't keep the driver from continuing.

Do it like its real. If theres a wreck, and more than one car is in it, they all go to the rear. If somebody purposely spins somebody or thats the way it looks, then the spinner and the spinee both go to the rear. That way they don't wreck others trying to get back at each other. Watch a replay if you have to. They don't make calls on the track based off driver memory. If other drivers are collected, reline them up infront of those that were the initial cause for the caution.

Next thing, not 2. 3 strikes and your out. 1 is an accident, 2 is coincidence, 3 is a pattern. Then you park them for the rest of the race. Hopefully for that person its all in a heat so they have a B/C/D main to make up for it.

Lastly (for now anyways) Don't just esc out and then try to figure out who goes where. If the wreck is in the first half of the track (Turn 1, 2) Go with the last completed lap for line up. (Watch the replay) First half of lap would be esc out. If the wreck is anywhere else on the track, complete whatever lap it is and then esc out and use the replay to line up the field. Get somebody honest to save the replay and then go see who went where so the host can line up the field.

I've been flooding with ideas about this for a while so if I think of anything else, I'll post it.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Last edit: by J-MAC.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23057

i like jmacs rules here but at a lot of dirt in real life i have they do if you cause 2 cautions you are out but i think 3 is a better number
rubins racein

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23059

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296

tnjon22 wrote: i like jmacs rules here but at a lot of dirt in real life i have they do if you cause 2 cautions you are out but i think 3 is a better number

I say 3 just because it sounds better and because my home track Fonda Speedway (where I hope I'll have the funding to race there someday, its been all I've wanted since I was knee-high to a grasshopper) had a rule where it was 3 strikes and your out. I've actually seen it in action which is why I went with it and feel like I should stick with it.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23061

yeha i think 3 is better
rubins racein

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23064

• Opeth
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
True on the single car wreck thing, I was just thinking along the lines of if someones set wasn't right they could just spin themselves and call for a caution and that wouldn't be fair but if they'd be starting in back anyway I guess it wouldn't matter, I'll update it for that.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23074

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46
I think its all adding to the all ready almost too frustrating too time consuming events. I say forget all the restarts and cautions because it is in fact only a game and I think everyone would much rather race then spend time sitting in the server waiting round for lineups n chit to be sorted.Were supose to be the best there is at this game so personally I think if ya want to get everyone to tighten up and start driving with some sense do away with the restart rule period and say hey guys this is it! All or nothing dont dive bomb turn 1 on the start unless you wanna piss a bunch of peeps off,also dont go over drivin and take someone out cause it will come back to you!Just race! Thats what we come here for anyway.Race and get it over with,then maybe we can do it again.Have a couple racing sessions every event instead of spending 2 hours trying to have 1. Dont blow up over this now its only an opinion! :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JFR_Jim

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23082

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
If someone causes three wrecks in one night at a dtr2 race they probably shouldn't be racing anyway. That's a lot of damage for one car to do.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23086

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
This rule worked GREAT with the BLS series!!! If anyone remembers all the steps in the rules they were awesome. F1 or Jammin prolly still have the rules somewhere. This was the Terre Haute 2k11 Gen 4 pace lap series with cautions. Although they were hardly ever used, they were very useful to some of the races. I am not a fan of the first 3 laps thing, i dont even like having rank hotlaps tho. I say if we are trying to make some guidlines to make this like a true racing series, we need to look at tracks like Eldora and Kokomo (2 different sets of rules, one with no Q and 1 with Q) and incorporate those rules into this game. If it takes 20 minutes to run a heat, so be it, I don't like just spending an hour on the PC, i would like to spend at least 2 to get my thrill. Most home tracks run from 5-11 or 12 sometimes 1, that would be AWESOME on a Fri or Sat during the winter months. Maybe we can incorperate 3 different classes for an event. just food for thought!!! But the point being, BLS had the caution rule and it worled fabulous!!! If your caught calling a restart after only spinning by yourself, then you will be parked for that race. Putnamville Speedway has a no tolerance rule, 1 spin, no matter how it happened, and you are done fr the race no 2nd chance!!! JMO my $.02
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23087

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Jason here's an idea for you an upcoming series lol:

Gates (Vent) opens at 3:00
Hot laps at 6:00
Heat Races start at 8:00
B/C Mains start at 9:00
Support series at 10
A Main starts at 11pm or 12am
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23089

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
The rolling start coming out of turn4 actually worked very well and we hardly had to use restarts because it gave more seperation going to the green and down in turn 1 as well.But i think each track would need a cone or line to go by in turn4 if this type of start was to be used alot.

our rule was that you shouldnt accelerate until u got to the start cone and no passing before the start finish line.
and as far as cautions jsn is correct.If you spin by urself u could not call a caution to bunch the field up.it had to be a multicar accident and if you got touched u could not just try and spin out to just get a rs.Replays did not need to be watched at our series but if someone deemed it needed we would watch it to see if a person did do it on purpose and if so they where parked for the night.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23095

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
JMO but the races drag on long enough waiting on ppl to get their a$$ in the servers,recalling every hot,wanting 14 hots when they been prac for 4 hours, or using up all he restarts just because of getting a bad start. etc etc etc . I don't think cautions and the time it would take would be worth it. IMO the ones that usually are crying are the impatient ones that cant stand it that they aren't in the front , I do understand about gettin screwed though, it sucks.

A track here has a 1 caution rule in heats, if u are deemed the caution car you get a free pass to the pit area and get to run a B main. In the Mains you get 2 then you are gone. It keeps the show moving along quickly and prevents racers from playing dead if they get a poor start and just want a caution
The following user(s) said Thank You: JFR_Jim

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23099

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
for the BLS Weekend Warrior series we only used the caution and rolling starts in the a main,so it actually wouldnt take much longer than usual.All other races where straight up usual stuff.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23101

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
That was fun and alittle more realistic
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23107

• Opeth
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
Alrighty, so after reading posts on here and looking at caution rules for different tracks here's what I'm at now. I decided not to do rolling starts because last time I tried everyone just screwed around.

Restart Rule: Restarts will be 2 restarts first 2 laps only for Heats and Consi races, 3 for A-Mains.

Caution Rule: If you are wrecked you can call for a caution and the guilty party will be sent to the tail end of the field. If you wreck by yourself and make no attempt to reenter the race safely and call for a caution you will be parked for the remainder of the race. If you cause 2 cautions in a Heat or A-Main race you will be parked, 1 caution for Consi and Dash race (this rule does not apply within the first 2 laps unless all restarts have been used). Caution rule will only apply after the first 2 laps of the race unless all restarts have been used, only then would you be able to call a caution within the first 2 laps. Cautions will be lined up from the last completed lap in reverse rank so that the leader will start up front alone and 2nd place can choose to start high or low. If a caution is called with 3 or less laps left the race will be called.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23108

• Opeth
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
Also, with concerns into it taking longer, I'm trying to figure out how to do a time limit per race thing. Thinking 20 minutes for Heats and Consis, 10 minutes for Dash and give or take 30 minutes for A-Mains (unless it's 50+ lap race then give or take 1 hour).

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23109

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
What league is this btw?
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23111

• Opeth
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
It will be for WDS this year Ice but Bullet was also saying he might try it out this Friday or Saturday for XCR to see how it works out.

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 55 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form