Saturday, May 18, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23121

• JFR_Jim
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 104

BLS_BW43 wrote: JMO but the races drag on long enough waiting on ppl to get their a$$ in the servers,recalling every hot,wanting 14 hots when they been prac for 4 hours, or using up all he restarts just because of getting a bad start. etc etc etc . I don't think cautions and the time it would take would be worth it. IMO the ones that usually are crying are the impatient ones that cant stand it that they aren't in the front , I do understand about gettin screwed though, it sucks.

A track here has a 1 caution rule in heats, if u are deemed the caution car you get a free pass to the pit area and get to run a B main. In the Mains you get 2 then you are gone. It keeps the show moving along quickly and prevents racers from playing dead if they get a poor start and just want a caution

THIS TIMES 1,000

You are spot fkn on BW. Shows take forever the way it is, and now this will make it even longer. And, our local track does the same exact thing BW, 1 solo caution for heats and your done and 2 in bmains or amains and your done.
JFR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23123

VLR_Shock wrote: If someone causes three wrecks in one night at a dtr2 race they probably shouldn't be racing anyway. That's a lot of damage for one car to do.

Now ya better watch what your saying now boy! Aint ya wrecked wheel more than 3 times in one night?

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23131

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46

JFR_Jim wrote:

BLS_BW43 wrote: JMO but the races drag on long enough waiting on ppl to get their a$$ in the servers,recalling every hot,wanting 14 hots when they been prac for 4 hours, or using up all he restarts just because of getting a bad start. etc etc etc . I don't think cautions and the time it would take would be worth it. IMO the ones that usually are crying are the impatient ones that cant stand it that they aren't in the front , I do understand about gettin screwed though, it sucks.

A track here has a 1 caution rule in heats, if u are deemed the caution car you get a free pass to the pit area and get to run a B main. In the Mains you get 2 then you are gone. It keeps the show moving along quickly and prevents racers from playing dead if they get a poor start and just want a caution

THIS TIMES 1,000

You are spot fkn on BW. Shows take forever the way it is, and now this will make it even longer. And, our local track does the same exact thing BW, 1 solo caution for heats and your done and 2 in bmains or amains and your done.

X 10,000
X 100,000
X 1,000,000

I have to agree,same way here,however this is a game and you got the track to yourself all week and a new car is just a click away,so if your not ready to race come show time then thats your own damn fault.I still think we should just x in and get it over with"not mentioning any names but I guess some could X in a lil faster too lol" but anyhoo I think the 2-3 restart thing sucks(jmo)and adding cautions is just something else to prolong the events even more.I'm not even a fan of hots in the game but do agree they serve a purpose and can be very useful at times.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23134

• Opeth
  • Opeth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 3
If people would read I had suggested time limits per race. With the additions of cautions to help keep things sped up maybe do like a 20 minute time limit on heats and consis, 10 minutes for dashes and 30 minutes for A-Mains 40 laps and under.

So like...If its a 15 lap Heat race and your on lap 10 and the 20 minutes is up the race is called there.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23136

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
I think if we went with the time limits as well as the rules we came up with last night, it would work out really well. I doubt though that we would wind up actually going to the end of the time limit.....if we did then everybody should probably look at whos in there and why it reached the time limit.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23138

• Opeth
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
Exactly...even with cautions the whole race shouldn't take more then an hour if people don't screw around but hopefully the time limit would limit people that screw around for 10 minutes before they decide to x in.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23140

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
The only issue I can possibly see is when the clock starts counting down. Does the clock start after all heat lineups come out? 1 min after to let everybody get where they should be? Does it start after the pre race hots? (Which there should be about 2-3. No more.) Does it start at the first green flag? Other than that I don't really see anything to complain about. This is about as close to real racing as we can get it.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23143

• Opeth
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
It would start after pre race hots because that's technically when the heats/consis/etc would start

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23145

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Sounds good to me.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23148

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483

IFRT END! wrote:

VLR_Shock wrote: If someone causes three wrecks in one night at a dtr2 race they probably shouldn't be racing anyway. That's a lot of damage for one car to do.

Now ya better watch what your saying now boy! Aint ya wrecked wheel more than 3 times in one night?

You're forgetting though that im one of the chosen ones and rules don't apply to me
Team VLR - Racing since 2004
The following user(s) said Thank You: WFO Rainman

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23152

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite

VLR_Shock wrote:

IFRT END! wrote:

You're forgetting though that im one of the chosen ones and rules don't apply to me

Na, you just did it before we went and started talking about making it a rule. It will apply to you and everybody else if/when it takes affect. At least I hope it takes affect in alot of series.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23153

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
I never wrecked Wheel more than three times in one night anyway. I missed about 800 of the attempts and that's why I had to keep trying till I finally got him :D
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23154

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
lol

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23175

God i feel old. I think ive been doing this for to long...lol. All these ideas we have tried at 1 time or another at IFRT. The biggest problem we ran into was the time factor. It just took to long to run the show. The one idea that worked the best was put a monitor in the infield to watch the race he and he only could call cautions. He would drive around in the middle of the infield watching the front of the pack best he could. But the problem with that was we could only start 9 cars instead of 10. Guys didnt like that. But it worked and was fair. But it took alot longer to run the leagues. No more 2 leagues per night for sure. The single file rolling start was something we tried for awhile when all the restarts were used up. After 2 restarts we added 1 lap for a pace lap to get everybody single file and then it was a go. This worked pretty good for the guys that did it before and or practiced it in practice. But then you had the guys that would "jump" the start. Going before the start finish line. That was a problem so we made a penalty for that. New drivers could never get a grasp on what we were trying to do. remember this was along time ago. 8 years maybe? 6? Right now i am trying to hold each driver acountable for his actions. This may take some time to get the bugs and bad driving worked out but hopefully it works. We just need everybodies patience and for everybody to be on board and i think in time this will be a good thing. I always liked the caution idea but personaly i just dont think it will work. You still have to have restarts There are just to many variables at the starts with everybodies diffrent connection speeds. Its certinly not as bad today as it was back 8 yeras ago but is still a factor. It all boils down to guys just have to be smart and respectful and or the promotors and admins need to be tough and not let anything go and be consistent. Its hard but needs to be done. It all starts with the league admins and owners. But the drivers have to be willing to change and try too.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23176

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
the rolling restart for the BLS series we ran was not at the flagstand.we done it coming out of turn 4 and no passing until u got past the flagstand.This gave alot more room going into turn 1 and 2.I honestly dont think it would work this day and time because alot of guys are far too impatient and think they have to win on the first lap.I had a thought of doing a mandatory caution with the scenario(caution lap) changing every week so if you got screwed at the beginning of the race you still have a chance to actually race someone toward the end of it and not just ride around by urself or esc out.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23180

The way we did ours was told everybody to not touch the gas pedal or button at all. The pole sitter started the race as close to the start/finish line as he could. Noone could hit the gas until the pole sitter started. It helped but didnt eliminate the jump starters. And i agree with you flyer with it not working today. I think the whole problem with people racing this today is they treat it as just a "game" and forget that real people are in control of the cars they are racing and not computer operated cars. And try to remember that those people put alot of time to get good at driving those cars. To many gamers and not enough racers today. That will proably piss some off...lol

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23181

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
"To many gamers and not enough racers today." very true Farmer.
Maybe sooner or later those gamers will take it more serious and become racers instead.DTR2 is a game but just knowing from past experience how good the racing can be but isnt right now makes me not want to race as much here lately.

Last edit: by F1yer.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23215

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46

IFRT-Farmer wrote: God i feel old. I think ive been doing this for to long...lol. All these ideas we have tried at 1 time or another at IFRT. The biggest problem we ran into was the time factor. It just took to long to run the show. The one idea that worked the best was put a monitor in the infield to watch the race he and he only could call cautions. He would drive around in the middle of the infield watching the front of the pack best he could. But the problem with that was we could only start 9 cars instead of 10. Guys didnt like that. But it worked and was fair. But it took alot longer to run the leagues. No more 2 leagues per night for sure. The single file rolling start was something we tried for awhile when all the restarts were used up. After 2 restarts we added 1 lap for a pace lap to get everybody single file and then it was a go. This worked pretty good for the guys that did it before and or practiced it in practice. But then you had the guys that would "jump" the start. Going before the start finish line. That was a problem so we made a penalty for that. New drivers could never get a grasp on what we were trying to do. remember this was along time ago. 8 years maybe? 6? Right now i am trying to hold each driver acountable for his actions. This may take some time to get the bugs and bad driving worked out but hopefully it works. We just need everybodies patience and for everybody to be on board and i think in time this will be a good thing. I always liked the caution idea but personaly i just dont think it will work. You still have to have restarts There are just to many variables at the starts with everybodies diffrent connection speeds. Its certinly not as bad today as it was back 8 yeras ago but is still a factor. It all boils down to guys just have to be smart and respectful and or the promotors and admins need to be tough and not let anything go and be consistent. Its hard but needs to be done. It all starts with the league admins and owners. But the drivers have to be willing to change and try too.

You took the words right out of my mouth Farmer,could'nt have said it better myself,oh wait I did say it myself lol...but anyhoo you hit the nail on the head.

Last edit: by Lazy3.

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23234

I was wondering if anybody ever tried to limit the amount of times one driver can call for a restart in a night. I haven't been racing leagues for years like some of you , but I can predict some nights by who is in my race that all possible restarts will be used no matter what. If a driver can only use 1 restart a night, he might take it more serious about calling one instead of because he messed up a little or didn't get an awesome jump on somebody. If I screw up and loose a bunch of spots because of my own mistake, I won't call for a restart. I don't know how many would be a fair # for the night, but if you need to call for a restart in every single race your in, the problem may be you .
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Col. Sanders

Re: Restart/Caution Rule 12 years 2 months ago #23264

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
Thats some nice thinking outside the box there coach!

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 18 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form