Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #688

• DeadBolt
  • DeadBolt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
im currently in Rolla Missouri , about 2 hours from lucas oil speedway , we stopped here cuz its late and i dont feel like putting up my tent in the dark

goin to show me 100 , then fedex50 at tricity
then clayhill on monday
then tazewell knxville 75 on june 4th
then florence on june 5th

when ever im somewhere that has internet access ill stop in and drop a line or two
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #689

• VLR_Faschek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ahhhhhh must be nice,

S M 100-BirkyorMars
Fedex50-Hopefully Kinzer since hes going for sure!! :P
Tzwell-Bloomer
Florence-Don ONeal

Just quick picks!!Not seen any of the fella's scheldules but Kinzers. lol :dry:

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #690

Clayhill motorsports aint a bad track at all...been there quite a few times. it used to not have a back wall but they've remodeled it in the past couple years so its got wall all way around. bout 2 hours west of me. believe i'm gonna make a trip to thunderhill for the SRRS late model show saturday, they travel on over to ducktona the next night but i may hit my home track sunday for their memorial day show. non-winged sprint cars gonna put a show on for us, and the danged kentucky ventage cars...

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #692

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
BLS_DeadBolt wrote:

im currently in Rolla Missouri , about 2 hours from lucas oil speedway , we stopped here cuz its late and i dont feel like putting up my tent in the dark

goin to show me 100 , then fedex50 at tricity
then clayhill on monday
then tazewell knxville 75 on june 4th
then florence on june 5th

when ever im somewhere that has internet access ill stop in and drop a line or two

Sounds awesome deadbolt...I forgot you had left I was wondering where you were lol. Sounds like you picked some really good tracks to visit.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #693

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
morning in rolla , i highly doubt ill catch any wireless signal at lucas oil speedway or tri city , prolly wont be able to get online til late sunday night where i stop at a hotel between tricity and clayhill

thanks for the replies

id like to watxh mars/birky win , honestly i just hope it comes down to one of those last lap passes , so long as bloomquist dont run away with it i dont care who wins

all these tracks are pretty far away from home for me
14-15 hours to lucas oil speedwat from erie pa

im interested in seeing clayhill , as ive never heard of it before , just found a race on monday lol , and watching their local modifieds too

im really excited about finally gettion the chance to visit tazewell , have always wanted to see that place

from florence its about 6 hours back to erie , then thath sunday june6th , ill be going to my local track lol

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #702

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
well , its like this

we got to lucas oil speedway unloaded the truck

my girl went to the store for food

she got back

i got a call

my mom died today

im in terre haute indiana for the night

then continue the ride home in the morning

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #704

wow, really sorry to hear bud. i'll keep ya'll in prayer. be careful on the way home.

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #706

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
thank you

morning in terre haute , i didnt sleep very well at all
not looking forward to an 7/8 hour drive still left , once i do get home , i have no idea when/how often ill be able to get on the comp

ill try to stop in each day and say hi

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #707

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry for your loss Deadbolt and we will keep you and your family in our prays ... Al Lewis - yenko2

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #708

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
dang sorry for your loss db,we'll keep u in our thoughts.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #709

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
BLS_DeadBolt wrote:

well , its like this

we got to lucas oil speedway unloaded the truck

my girl went to the store for food

she got back

i got a call

my mom died today

im in terre haute indiana for the night

then continue the ride home in the morning

That's the worst news I could have heard man. I can't even imagine what you are going through. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers and hope you make it through this ok.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #710

man deadbolt i am extremely sorry to hear this news. me and the family will keep you and yours in our prayers also.

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #712

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
saturday morning

thank you for your thoughts and prayers , it means alot and helps me and my family

yesterday , my girlfriend and i drove home , we got home unloaded the truck , went to my sisters house , saw some family , some friends , got drunk so i could actually sleep

today i have to start making choices and stuff , im the proxy(orwhat ever you call it)

i never thought about this stuff before , im flying blind
it takes everything i have inside me to be strong for my sister , the only time i let my myself cry is when i write this to you guys , its the only place i can have emotion right now , everyone looks to me for strength

ill keep you updated , thank you all again

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #726

Lord have mercy on you and your loved ones DB . Dont be afraid to cry my friend i know sometimes you have to be strong for others ,but my friend ill put it as my Pastor said it , if someone comes and stomps on your foot your going to react ! So my friend i am encouraging you to go in a room by yourself , get down on your knees and pray to God for strength , as i will do the same for you and your loved ones . I also encourage you in the mist of all of this to take time and start counting your blessings , i promise you will find peace and strength in it .

God Bless you my brother !

BLS_Greezy ( Chris Harris - Slidell La. )
Greezy/Comet #4 Slidell La.

Last edit: by WFO_Greezy.

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #731

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
its sunday morning

im doing ok , yesterday(saturday) was a tough day , i had to make alot of choices i never thought i would have to make (at least i wasnt planning on it this early in either of my parents lives)

overall yesterday was ok , i had time to sit down and make a ton of phone calls and speak to people my mother knew , family and friends , some live all over the country , some broke down some handle it as best they could , i heard stories i never knew , and im sure in the next few days i will be hearing more about my mother that i never knew

im still trying to be the rock for my family , i hope they see that and understand im doing it for them , and that its not a lack of caring

im goin to be completly honest with everyone here online
and let you all know what really happened

that being said
i also give a warning , if details are not what you are interested in , please stop reading

-
-
-
thursday afternoon , my mother shot herself in the head
she had called her boyfriend and made threats , upon hanging up the phone , he called the local police , the police were sent to my mothers house to do a welfare check(a check on the well-being of a person)

once the police arrived they had found a neighbor in the backyard who had come over after hearing a gunshot , the emt's were dispatched immediately

they managed to get my mother to the hospital quickly enough to revive her to the point where she was being kept alive with machines

that is/was the hardest part of my sister(shes younger than me , shes 27) my sister had a good relationship with my mother , i did not - and that relationship is and will remain private

my mother knew my personality so she named me the medical proxy and power of attorny , she knew i would follow wishes written in a will to the letter

my mother had the brain death protocol performed on her , and after 2 rounds of tests she was declared completely brain dead friday night around 930pm

saturday we made sure all the close family had a chance to go to the hospital and say their last goodbyes

my mother was an organ donor , so at 7pm last night they did the surgeries to remove any organs that would be viable to aid in the life of another person

i made calls to let my mothers friends know what had happened

and ultimately , i got drunk last night with some old buddies from school and had a great time and was finally able to forget about everything for a few moments in time

im sorry if the story is choppy and doesnt make much sense , but its hard to write all this stuff and keep my train of thought

thank you again everyone for the thoughts , prayers , support , everything

i will return to racing online as soon as i can after this all calms down

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #751

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
sunday and monday werent as hard as i thought they would be

sunday i went to a race with my buddies
monday i got some things taken care of and managed to get drunk again

today tuesday , is the calling hours at the funeral home
im sure it will be tough , hopefully i can hold strong for my sister

tomorrow is the burial and wake

i will hopefully get back to racing with you all soon
but , i know the next few weeks and months i will have stuff to take care of , and ill try to remember to make time for myself

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #754

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
wednesday morning

had both sets of calling hours yesterday , it went better than i had expected , it was interesting to se how many people showed up with fond memories , it wasnt that difficult for me , my sister on the other hand was usually crying

which i expect more of today at the service and the burial

im doing oddly ok with everything , its odd to me at least
i still cant shake the feeling im doing this wrong , but so many people said yesterday that they look to me for strength

in the next few days/weeks i will be busy sorting thru details

i am really hoping to return and sling some mud with yall sooner than later , just keep your eyes open for the familiar 153 car to start pullin into the pits again

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #758

glad u are hangin in there and doing better than expected bud. hope 2 see the 53 (cuz u always beat me 2 the server lol) asap. i'd be glad 2 be 54 again 4 a race or 2.

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #762

• VLR_Faschek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Cant wait til ya get back DB!!

Re: Howdy Howdy 13 years 11 months ago #774

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
thursday morning

yesterday wasnt easy by any means
once again for my sisters sake , i was rock solid
my mothers brother , my uncle , her twin brother sang a song and played his guitar at the funeral home during the services , that made it overwhelmingly tough to maintain , as it made every single person of about 50-60 start crying

after the services and enturnment , we had a wake at a local country club , that was probably the easiest thing in the past week , everyone was speaking fondly with minimal crying

after the wake we went to my sisters house , the funeral home already had all the flowwers there , my sisters friends were cooking and sat and drank

my friends and i went to our favorite watering hole , where i felt like i was there for my friends more than they for me

my friends starting breaking down , they finally had a chance to feel , when my sister wasnt around , and it was hard for them as they were all friends of my mothers , whether it be - my friends had my mother as a teacher , or they have been around me long enough , or met her when i would take her to the races with me

im starting the process of whatever it is that i need to be doing in the wake of this event , ive contacted my mothers lawyer , and most likely will start contacting other people/business'

once again , thank you all for your kind words
i know reading some of what i wrote is not the easiest thing to wrap your mind around
thank you all

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 16 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form