Friday, April 26, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74104

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
I hope all are agreeing with me as to the choice of classics... All's quiet on the western front.., except me here in little old New Zealand. Thought I would have time to get at least one more in for the night.

There are always starling features when it comes to choosing a true classic. It could be a track that was used many times in League Racing. This track was used by IDRS Racing and made by Hawbaker who had put out a number of edits although a lot of his early works were mostly Chico's that somehow didn't look any different to the one before..., but we've all been down that road and we learn and Hawbaker was not just a great track builder but also a skinner. plus a Car builder too so he did amazing things.

njdrst which is New Jersey Dirt Short Track and a 1/4 mile raceway with (20 degr) banking more like 25 and is based on a DTR-SC Kokomo.

Hawbaker I'm certain did all of the work as this track also appeared as (Dallas County) not entirely certain but a nice presented track and the better textured track. I have changed the track name because the small letters are a bit small for this old man... ooh and I need something that is an actual place or a great named track..; like Wythe, I don't know why. Joking aside...
It was an exciting track to compete on and still is as it has not been changed (Name is part) except for the default texture being dropped by me plus closing of pit gate so no death-wall (touch wood) and I have used a tight setting for Grip so it will squeal in the turns cool huh and yeah it's competitive. Pic of Aim Bull racing his TranzAm Firebird... Hi Bull... Sorry I mistook what you were saying... Don't think there is any Online Racing anymore.

New Haven NJ

File Attachment:

File Name: usNJNewHaven.zip
File Size:1,855 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74105

paul ur doing great for what iv had time test i was very pleased with things keep up good work

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74106

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
thankn' you buddy.... Getting a headache looking at all the repeated tracks back in the early days... But this one was one of those hateful tracks they gave us in our game way back in the early days... Ratbags..... Love it or hate it it wouldn't work unless the default texture was dropped... Simple enough and I was bored... I do have some exciting tracks coming up you bet ya'...!!!

Salt Lake Speedway DTR-AU odero also known in DTR1 as Oldero Speedway. Banked like...!!! i/2 mile clay 27degrees... Sorry to the anti bankers.., but this one is in the bank. Race it at your own... expense. I fixed it sorry.

File Attachment:

File Name: SaltLake.zip
File Size:2,324 KB

I have not changed the name and preview is original for those who reminisce.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74107

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
You'll think me mad.... Yes another banked track sorry F1.... Hard finding different edits but this one was a great and demanding track in it's day... It captures the real track and that's why I think it deserves it's status....

Atomic Motor Speedway Oak Ridge TN... 1/3 mile banked 20 plus degrees clay surface made by Jason Corbin on Apr 2002. (I seem to be reading some dates wrong as there is a difference between NZ and USA on how to display date) In other words I may have been several months out on some tracks I have posted a bit late sorry.
I have not updated this track and it seems the default may have been done in 2002 or some years later without re-copying De2 I'm guessing. This track has taken on many other forms looking exactly the same as original and I may have the wrong editor here but pretty certain I have it right.

Other edits incl Swartz Motor Plex ? Capital Speedway.... Thunder Bay ONT...?
base is a squashed and banked DTR-SC Manzanita

File Attachment:

File Name: Atomic.zip
File Size:1,589 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74108

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Hi and sorry to leave you all too long but I needed a break.... It is hard to keep you all happy and yes I still haven't got any new tracks done but it's what I'm feelin on the day as my weary bones don't allow me to spend long periods of time at my Computer....

This is another track from a classic old...

Topgun Alley edit by Angry aka Matt Tuckett made from DTR-SC Terrehaute back in July 2001 to please us all that are down-under. I have fixed up an annoying piece of editing that was short of De2 and no Alpha was made to replace ends of Buildings on back straight so I fixed it. It was a popular choice for Team events and should mention this is not a real track.

File Attachment:

File Name: TopgunAlley.zip
File Size:2,451 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74117

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Downloaded most of these posted so far to see if they'll work for offline stuff I've been working on. Just to show there's still somebody out there playing this that isn't creating anything solid. :lol:
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74121

same here i work them in offlines somewhere if i can i make few it miss least few of us here keep game alive

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74123

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Great to see ya' J-Mac. We can keep this game alive for atleast a little while longer as long as the Microsoft stuff doesn't go nuts and declares all older games older than a couple of years extinct due to their ignorance of not playing fair themselves.... We shall carry on.., in the trenches.... on the beaches

Okay, I know what you all will think as I post this track and it's something I haven't condemned but you know, there is a limit as to how much change should be made before one can call a track their edit. Let me say in my defense that all these tracks in this very Thread are mostly as original unless I could not find the original folder to give track with for you.., you dig... There are some tracks that are worthy of Classic status and as much as one is tempted to, this one I had to due to the name of the thing....

Bear Breath March 2005 probably the most exciting track to race on for many. It's a dtr2 husets base and banked up and no I am not starting a new trend only thinking banked tracks are classics...!!!! This track I feel was named and like so many others the editor got so far to creating the real track and then looked again and said nah... This track I believe represents Lonestar Speedway in Kilgore Texas.. The A1 was brutal so I messed with that only. The Terrains were too charming to change into what should be that I leave to you but to the editor / s well done using textures a lot rather than Alpha reminds me so much of my old days. Reason why I give this track the big tick ...

Thankyou to SpeedNet and EVR and apologies to you each for messing with the naming of your track.

File Attachment:

File Name: usTXLonestar.zip
File Size:7,714 KB

P.S. This thread is not about my tracks. None of these belong to me I am only sharing them with you and I give full credit to anyone who created the original so I take no credit for except to name any workings in the str. track file giving you all the details as to who and when the track was made and yes, fixed.., by me or someone else. Cheers.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74125

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
I thank you for allowing me to procrastinate.... I do hope you got what I was saying as it is hard to use my time wisely or suffer humiliating criticism....Anyway onward and upward... Running out of tracks..., maybe...

Evergreen Speedway made orig May 2001 was I believe put out by the WOW Team however it does appear that Dirt Wizard is also to thank for this fantastic track so forgive me but I have had this track since 2004 and agin I DL in 2009 from BH Motorsports I think...!!! For a converted track I spent approx 3 months trying to nut out why it kept crashing halfway through the race and it was simple but it took that long to figure it out (Video Replay Angle str) so this track was I feel my biggest achievement as Dirt Wizard never fixed the problems and although did the conversion to DTR2 for us I felt they had not fixed it so I did... for you to enjoy.... I changed the walls from the grubby Armco the Alphastuff and although part of that came from the edit of Eldora2 I did my best to mesh them together to make the audience better. You decide but the lighting although improved was needing to be dropped in the center..., so sorry I have not put a greater effort into it due to the time spent already okay so you will see some low lights in the cnter of track just incase you thought I missed that bit... Enjoy....

Oh yeah J-Mac it is fixed and should there still be a sudden gliche at anytime it shouldn't simply delete the DO and DA folders in track and it should fire back up to better setting..

File Attachment:

File Name: Evergreen.zip
File Size:1,498 KB
Attachments:

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74126

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Hope you are enjoying all these choices of mine that I have claimed as being Classic Tracks by other Editors...

Massilon by Jason Ray... DTR-SC Lernerville base edited in July 2003 being a 1/2 mile clay about 8 degree banking a dusty venue not a single blade of grass but this track I don't think ever existed except in a Mall there in Massillon Ohio.. notice I spelt Massillon with 2 'L's". Jason was obviously creating a Fantasy track built at the same time convincing enough to be mistaken for being so real a track... Thank you Jason and the ASCRA Team. They built many fascinating designed tracks such as Butler Motor Speedway which sadly still has a nasty wall in it which I can't omit so I can't offer that at this time but let's hope in the near future. If you want what I have managed to achieve in the way of a different looking version of Massilon check out Tracks 2019 and there you will find Mercer Raceway Park. This track has taken on other named tracks too such as DTR2 Afton but can't track down the one track I'm still looking for Ascot Raceway.
I believe that Jason's version was the first to be done being walled around outer track.

File Attachment:

File Name: Massilon.zip
File Size:2,921 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74132

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
This next track has been extinct in dtr2 since the inception of the game. Sadly the default texture was as usual to blame but covering it up is another problem in it's self a big job without the parts i.e. textures to make solid walls and I am doing it for all to enjoy before this game becomes extinct too.... This is what I have so far.

Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74134

hmmmm intresting track dont think ever seen this 1 before

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74138

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
You wpould have had the DTR-SC game although these older tracks can look very different in dtr2. Also have changed the audience away from the mass crowds we use to get. Here's a pic of another wayne edit I'm fixing and should be out late on today. This is Heartland Park 1 of 2003 circa

Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74141

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Okay putting here the first edited DTR-SC wayne..... A great number of editors joyed this track and the one I'm giving you was the first of the bigger edited tracks started I believe by Dan Rarity. being the first to majorly change the orig Wayne. The other 2 tracks above are Rockhampton (Spirit) don't any of you get excited and the 2nd being Heartland Park 1 by Larry Bullard which is coming but I feel needs extra work to put it right.

As Is.... ,Should run okay with little chance of hitting a deathwall but is not fallible.

CPSdtr Crown Point Speedway DTR1 made in Dec 2001 by Dan Rarity. Not sure what team he supported. This will be the first Wayne that runs on DTR2 ever and if you disagree please state it !!!! Enjoy.

File Attachment:

File Name: Cpsdtr1.zip
File Size:2,275 KB

This is not the same edit as the previously uploaded Crown Point okay. A1 does work and editing was major due to death-walls all around track so there are items of edit missing as a result.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74149

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Hope you're all enjoying these. After fixing the dtrsc wayne track making it playable I thought about all the great wayne edits. The one above was I feel the best one then came the Heartland Park which is coming but then there was this one and I left the Pit entrance open for all. The walls are still in need of wanting some straight colouring but still it will have to do.

Westpark Speedway made by Onlineracing April 2001.

File Attachment:

File Name: westpark2.zip
File Size:2,533 KB

It's a nice track from a great era

P.S. I have given this the number 2 being the first time for DTR2. Also it is the 29th track in this thread not bad eh..!!
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74150

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
This one is no.30 on the list but not the bottom of our list no way. It was a great edit for it's time and I believe the first square track in our game by... I believe by No Sense Yet and a bloke called Metal Dec 2004 It was a clever edit and therefore I'm submitting this as a Classic. It was converted to DTR2 Oct 2008 and not sure who did.
The Cube edited DTR-SC NewEldora renamed Motor City MI sorry the Preview is from original. Changed the crowd otherwise totally as it was made by Metal.

File Attachment:

File Name: CubeMotorCityMI.zip
File Size:2,231 KB

Enjoy.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74151

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Late in the day but here's one more....

Route 66 by SD Chris "Screamindemon" Mackenzie of KTWW edit of DTR-SC kokomo May 2005 with assistance from Angry and Xman. Thought I should mention them and Dirtnz. Nicely cleaned up Kokomo and have left walls as same being for Stockcar Racing NZ style (angled) with deathwall fixed by SD not me. Thankyou SD you were a great Stockcar Pairs mate.

File Attachment:

File Name: Route666S&M.zip
File Size:2,698 KB

One for the Kiwi's...!!!!
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74154

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Continuing on with our Classic Tracks for those that never got the opportunity to DL back 10 years plus ago. I am posting this track not to offend the more modern edit by BMSRay but rather the era the age of this edit which was quite the well done textured edited track compared to others of the time not accurate like Ray's.

dtr2 harrison base built

LasVegas by WOW team March 2004 1/2 mile and says 15 degree banking but more like 20 and is a clay surface.

File Attachment:

File Name: LasVegas.zip
File Size:6,355 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74155

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Sticking with dtr2 edits for the minute... dtr2 husets base

Houston Raceway Park by Flash Md23 in Dec 2004 clay surface with 20 degree banking in turns a stripped alpha version of Husets but contoured nicely in turns to be a great track for the time. A1 has been re-tweeked.

File Attachment:

File Name: DTR2_Houston.zip
File Size:3,056 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74157

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
No.34 and with this track it might seem a weird choice but hear me out... Classic is yes about something that stands out whether it be cult status or simply the simplicity of it..... I had a run in with this editor sadly and he never saw the better side of helping others crafting their skills and here we are after 15 or so years I'm still going and sadly the person in question is nowhere to be seen ? Yet I would have loved to of learnt so much from this editor and instead I got nothing but a rebuke criticizing me for using his edited car and I got it this is what not to do,, true... You got to do better and that's the way I am now and the first to commend the editors that I choose to showcase in this Thread... Not me but him.... It's made me more determined to do well in editing with my own creations...!!! I could be criticized for that rant but here it shows my attempts to make this game a better game...

Little Terror edit by Xman KTWW Jan 2006 base DTR-SC Terrhaute but Xman shrunk it in size to about 2/3rds size so it was clever. He did one other too being 'Outlaw Park' an Gas Track but enlarged. The A1 isn't perfect and I have tried to quicken it up to stop the cars from becoming a bit wayward but it does run in Offline thanks.

File Attachment:

File Name: LittleTerror.zip
File Size:2,833 KB
Attachments:

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 142 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form