Thursday, May 02, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 4 months ago #18832

• William11
  • William11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Aussie Racer
  • Thank you received: 2

VLR_Shock wrote: Paint the billboards from Eagle. Does it look right from the pics?

From the two pictures you have posted the track layout looks great almost identical, could you post some more screenshots if possible. Thanks Shock for making this, so far it's looking great.
" No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 4 months ago #18833

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
I could probably email it to you what I have so far so you'll know what and where the billboards to paint are. And np, I was bored and figured if I started it and it went good without being bumpy I'd keep going. The AI is good, they rub the wall some out of four but are fast
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 4 months ago #18835

• William11
  • Aussie Racer
That would be great, my email is dirtkartracing @gmail.com, then I can help with some feedback properly as I would be able to see the whole track. Thanks William
" No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18836

• William11
  • Aussie Racer
I have the track now, will let you know if it needs some changes to the basic place of things. Thanks William

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18838

• William11
  • Aussie Racer
Minor Changes so far

The billboards above in turn 2 should be the same size as the ones in turns 3-4. See picture below.

Also as I gather you haven’t finished the fences and other stuff like the infield the only thing I can see so far that in relation to the track itself that needs changing is it needs some banking as this track has a 1.2 meter camber (a slight banking something in between this and what is found at Bloomington). So far the hills look great and so do the grandstands.

Could it be possible to add names to the grandstands like in the track pictures I have posted? You have left a gap for this right?

Also below in turns 1-2 there is a gap in the track wall I presume you already know it is there and needs to be fixed up. So in relation to the track the only thing that could be improved is adding a little banking. Great work so far it is looking pretty realistic.

I will get to work on the billboards right now.

Thanks William

Last edit: by William11.

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18839

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
1. The billboards in turn 2 I'm not sure if I'll be able to get them the same size. I'll see if there are any leftover billboards on the track and try.

2. Fence and infield aren't done. Not sure how good the infield thing will turn out.

3. The banking is actually 8 degrees according to Rhino it just feels really flat. I already did quite a bit of alp so I'm not sure if I'll be able to change the banking now but I will try. 1.2 meters is like 4 feet I think which would make it seem very flat even though it looks like more in the pictures.

4. I'm gonna add the names to the grandstands.

I traced it on Google earth so shape size and object placement should be all very close

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18840

• William11
  • Aussie Racer
Great don't worry about the track banking then, so far it's looking great. Any chance you could add a scoreboard where it needs to go in turn 3-4 without it repeating if around the track. Like not use a billboard as this will repeat around the track.

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18841

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ya I plan to do that. I might have an alternate way of doing the banking. I will only raise it a couple degrees otherwise it might make it race funny and bumpy

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18843

• William11
  • Aussie Racer

VLR_Shock wrote: Ya I plan to do that. I might have an alternate way of doing the banking. I will only raise it a couple degrees otherwise it might make it race funny and bumpy

ok sounds great if its too hard don't worry about the banking as the track is really racey now. So don't really worry about touching it.

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18844

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Where do the race car haulers park? I am planning to do the scoreboard too of course. Do you have any close up pictures of it?

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18845

• William11
  • Aussie Racer

VLR_Shock wrote: Where do the race car haulers park? I am planning to do the scoreboard too of course. Do you have any close up pictures of it?

The race car hauler park outside the track behind the hills so you can't see them, I don't think I have any close ups of the scoreboard, but I will draw one up for you and send it through.

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18846

• William11
  • Aussie Racer
People also stand infront of the bridge. See image attached.
Attachments:

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18848

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Is that an actual small grandstand in front of the bridge?

I changed the banking about 4 degrees, you won't hardly notice but it doesn't feel like it drops off at the top like it might have before. It's a little bumpy but no more than any other dtr2 track, just before it was like 100% smooth. I also found some billboards and made them usable on the thing in turn 2 so they are better now. Maybe a little to tall still for your taste but pretty comparable to the ones in turn 4. I put the fence in there in turn 1 because I was going to put a wall there to cover up that empty spot. That was on there at the original Eagle base so I havent got it patched just yet.

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18849

• William11
  • Aussie Racer
Yes it is a small grandstand for people from the pits to watch as in Australia our tracks are small so our pits are not in the centre of the track. Attached is some banner work I have been doing, seems like it is gonig to take a little longer than I expected.
Attachments:

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18850

• William11
  • Aussie Racer

VLR_Shock wrote: Is that an actual small grandstand in front of the bridge?

I changed the banking about 4 degrees, you won't hardly notice but it doesn't feel like it drops off at the top like it might have before. It's a little bumpy but no more than any other dtr2 track, just before it was like 100% smooth. I also found some billboards and made them usable on the thing in turn 2 so they are better now. Maybe a little to tall still for your taste but pretty comparable to the ones in turn 4. I put the fence in there in turn 1 because I was going to put a wall there to cover up that empty spot. That was on there at the original Eagle base so I havent got it patched just yet.

All good, thanks I will try and find some more pictures of the track and post them.

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18851

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Looks great. I worked hard so you can work hard lol and I know you will to get it sim for your simulator. And our tracks in Tennessee are too small also for the pits to be in the infield. Most tracks here are from 1/4 to 4/10 of a mile but unlike your tracks they are all high banked in east Tennessee

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18852

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
William can you paint the Mullet Bros 7 sign or w/e to go on the bridge? I'm gonna put it on there cause I can stretch better to be like the real one instead of the one that was originally Infogrames.

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18853

• William11
  • Aussie Racer
I currently am just working on the billboards separately then I will copy them onto the right billboards for the game so you can move them around all you want and I will just copy them into the right spots after. I think that will be easier.

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18855

looks good guys def looks fun to race

Re: Speedway City Track Request + Reward 12 years 3 months ago #18869

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Here's an updated bridge picture.
Attachments:

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 184 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form