Friday, May 17, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24014

• Blaze
  • Blaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 12
I honestly think as promoters and everyone else we need to rethink the way this game is going. with all the rough driving its just getting old. I mean sure bumps happen from time to time. But this game has come down to just knocking the person ahead of u out of the way. there was a time that people wld try to pass and race clean. for some reason that has disappeared. Its not racing nemore because with the way some drive they would be lucky to make it out of the pits alive. maybe some of us need to think about the way we drive me included. This game was great with awesome clean racing but with the way it has changed its slowly disappearing. I hope that the racing can change or else it is going to start running people off. I mean who honestly likes to get wrecked night in and night out. Like Jsn. Guy has the worst luck in the game. Gets wrecked just about every single night. Because people are impatient. Hopefully some of you and i can think about wat we have been doing and change it and make this game even better.
I'm the fuckin moderator, bitches

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24015

wll said blaze 1 reason i havent hosted latly becuse ruff racing and lack pations and wanting be ruff all time as a promoter it got old dealing with it so i stoped for long time thinking trying get back in for little while longer but as u said ruff racing deturs the clean guys to race and then u lose count each week we need make new rules for ruff racing more strick warnings do something before to late

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24019

Read the thread I named after you Blaze, it explains a lot and again I'm sorry for what happened in that heat race. First night back, new track, new controller, new computer, and tight racin' kind of made it difficult not to mention we had a stacked heat with fast drivers and me you and JW running 2 and 3 wide first half of the heat. Sorry, I know I'm the reason your feeling this way and I hope you reconsider your decision of not racing anymore. There's a lot of new people getting a taste of the victory and it makes the racing tighter and yes we all do tend to get impatient. It was fun though. Hope to see you at the next one and run door to door again but not literally
Mississippi Bad Boy

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24020

i think there should be maybe divistions of drivers like catigory alote new drivers maybe we need new rokki series agion im still rusty but always try be clean sometimes things happen to best im thinking about bringing dtrs back rokki sereis but open to all only race on 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile trac to get experince worked good when i used host def ganna do some resurch on it

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24026

Well i think that this game is pissing alot of peeps off.I get punted by several guys every race.Back in the day this was not normal we all had fun and most were friends.Me and farmer went round and round til 3 am many nights about acceptible contact,i said that no contact was acceptible,he said some was ok.Now his rule is that if u move a person and he gets inline behind you it is acceptable,if he loosses 2 spots you are penalized.Well i agree with that.Im still slow at alot of tracks and if i get the hell knocked out of me well i suck so its all good.But when i got the same car as every one else and on lap 2 i get the hell knocked out of me in 3rd go to last thats bs.I think ever admin of every leg should take ifrt,s policy,but like BLZ says thaat will never happen because thats how peeps make the next main.Before i start knocking people out of the way for a spot i will quit this game.It is out of hand people knock who ever is in front of them for a spot and no penalties.I can start last and go to at least 3rd by slamming peeps every single race im in,but wat fun is that.In real racing the way peeps drive in this game would get there ass whipped by 2 or 3 people every night.Well i hope that something is done soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WFO Rainman

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24032

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46
Well I agree with alot of what all of ya had to say but to be honest I think that before any changes can be made about the way people are driving the 1st thing that needs to be done is a little attitude adjusting! The biggest problem in this game right now is the attitudes! People are always getting pissed and flying off the handle without even thinking to be rational! Blaze...you were so upset the other night at that new guy spinner that you deliberitly drove him into the wall and then you got on him in vent like stink on shit! You treated him so bad the guy said he was done and wasnt ever coming back,and I havnt seen him so I guess he meant it. You even said you were leaving and werent coming back.The damn games gonna die for sure if everytime someone new comes along they get that kind of treatment! I think everyone needs to check thier attitudes "if they have one" many dont,but some do, and popping off your pie hole everytime someone makes contact just aint gonna help anything! People I think get so caught up in the moment because were all competitive. But getting an attitude and going off dos'nt solve nothing! My GOD its only a game and I thought most of us here were adults and knew the difference between a game and real life! Kids get mad n cry over games! Children! Not adults! So why dont everyone just start acting like adults and be a little more understanding. Your game play is never going to be the same evertime.You will have good days and bad,but I think what separates the men from the boys is the fact that men act like men and well...ya get the picture! When someone gets mad and cops an attitude then that just pisses off someone else and before ya know it ya got peeps drivin around mad and shits gonna happen. Tony just got back into the game a few days ago and already I see people taking him out and giving him hell in vent and I just have to ask myself wtf! Dont the damn guy get any time to readjust or is he supose to be expected to just jump back in the game and take over where he left off? Now I know Tony always had some issues with his driving but I think a few will agree that just before he decided "or someone decided for him "lol to take another vacation he was starting to do a lot better.I have been trying to talk to him here the past few nights and give him some advice but it takes more than me. The way I see it everyone in this game should take on the responsibility of trying to encourage and help and try to get people to want to race.,and many of them do.Its the guys like that that keeps me here. I think hoovers got a great idea about ranking drivers.Maybe that should be something that should be looked into. Have rookie class or something where you have to have so many races under your belt or something before you can advance into the latemodel league events.IDK,but its somethin you all could put some thought into.Myself I'm bout thought out with trying to do the midnight madness thing.To anyone who has never done anything but play the game you have no idea what all goes into trying to promote events.My hats off to these guys that do I tell ya, cause its a shitload of work.Shock,Karl,Bullit,Blaze,Rain, F1yer,Ice and I know theres several others deserve the upmost respect and gratitude for the time they spend to bring everyone else something to enjoy.I'm tellin ya'll! It's attitude! Good things will happen if everyone will try but as long as theres no tolerance,they'll be no respect,and with no respect theres no fun,and with no fun theres no game! So there I said my peice. Hope everyone has a great day! C-Ya's

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24036

• rick
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 8
glad i mised last night

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24039

hmm funny surprized you didnt mention your favorite driver squirrel...whats wrong with you lazy no coffee ...& i do believe that blaze had every right to complain about spinner ...I know for a fact that he is new & guess what squirrel helped him out ...he needs more seat time but yes dont think its cool to bitch at him for learning & trying ...maybe more people need to help him out like squirrel was trying to do & i know he has helped you even thou you claim he painted you one skin & it sucked ...& if i was you i wouldnt talk smack anymore about people ....tony had internet isuues & also personal issues that i feel that is none of no ones business on vlr forum ...so keep ur dam big mouth shut ...if people wanted to hear gossip they would go to a dam coffee shop like you or after you go to your fuckin hair saloon ....quit with your posts talkin bad about people ...ive seen you race & you have nothing to brag about ....slow ass

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24042

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46

nighthawk wrote: hmm funny surprized you didnt mention your favorite driver squirrel...whats wrong with you lazy no coffee ...& i do believe that blaze had every right to complain about spinner ...I know for a fact that he is new & guess what squirrel helped him out ...he needs more seat time but yes dont think its cool to bitch at him for learning & trying ...maybe more people need to help him out like squirrel was trying to do & i know he has helped you even thou you claim he painted you one skin & it sucked ...& if i was you i wouldnt talk smack anymore about people ....tony had internet isuues & also personal issues that i feel that is none of no ones business on vlr forum ...so keep ur dam big mouth shut ...if people wanted to hear gossip they would go to a dam coffee shop like you or after you go to your fuckin hair saloon ....quit with your posts talkin bad about people ...ive seen you race & you have nothing to brag about ....slow ass

LMAO...theres one in every crowd ty for being that one and proving my point,say anything ya want like I said you proved my point! ya underestimate but thats your IQ,ya overreact but thats your age,but mostly you fail because thats your destiny UOM GOTCHA NOT ME! HEHEHE again too funny,I should tell ev1 but I'll not stoop to your level, done with you...good day

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24047

apparently not cause you keep posting like an ass ...& really im about sick of your big ass mouth ...got something to say look up my email ....or i will find you in a vent to take care of this ...you need to grow up, people ...yes they may come in vent etc having a bad day or just to bullshit & have fun ....u got a million dollar car that its so dam important that you have to kick & ban people ... everyone is here to have fun & you old fart is ruining it by opening your dam mouth & bitchin about people ...dont really see anyone else whining but you ....except for the people you lickin their balls ...

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24048

• JFR 4H
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm On One
  • Thank you received: 118
I had so much bad luck, I don't even play anymore...It will never stop.

im still a niggggga.
It's such a shame, They gonn miss this plane.

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24049

lol fas ...but you are cool in my book & maybe preacher lazy has you in his prayers also ..lmao

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24106

Drive it like you own it...tear it up, you pay for it. What better practice IF you ever get to race a real car? I've won my share on here in 4 years or so(maybe 50 feature wins if that many), but can honestly say I have more FUN running a guy clean for 9th place and finishing dead last, but then again that's just me. Others who are used to running up front all the time view it differently, but that's them and they answer for themselves. I will say this, I'd be a broke mofo lately tho because of some retaliation I may have handed out :whistle: . Anyhoo, I hope we can figure it out because even tho I've slacked off some, I still LOVE THIS GAME!

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24114

I agree with Rusty, I'd rather be battling for 9th and running clean then shove everyone out of the way and get a win. I know I can be somewhat rough at times but that comes with playing this game for like 8 years, I have too much experience to suck this much, lol. I don't do it to where I wreck people but if I'm faster and your in my way I'll give you some bumps to let ya know I'm there but won't get to the point of just shoving you out of the way to pass you (unless someone is trying to make it three wide and I'm almost being pushed into the tires).

Last edit: by Opeth.

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24116

• Jon
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • Thank you received: 5
I can see both side of this. I am still new and i know im not the cleanest driver out there. I try to drive clean but i have also got mad and then ran into some people.Not the right thing to do but it happens. I feel ive been on the recieving end to and its no fun getting run over.Think we all should drive the way we would like to be treated and if you screw up admit.

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24119

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Drive how you want to be driven, but don't expect the guy behind you to have the same beliefs. It's like defensive driving. Jon when you race longer you'll know who you can and can't race around safely and you'll be really good. I rarely get taken out because I'm able to save the car pretty good probably from lots of practice and because usually I'm not deep in the B or C mains where the trouble happens. If you make it to the A Main's the racing is usually a lot better but of course it's hard if people are driving like idiots in the consi races
Team VLR - Racing since 2004
The following user(s) said Thank You: Icefighter

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24122

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
Thats one thing ive always said on this game...Know who your racing around!!! And I dont mind some contact, i mean this is dirt track racing, what gets me is getting hit square in the ass end or someone just dive-bombing a corner and shooting you up the track. If you have position on the bottom side of me normally ill make sure you have room and the same with some1 running the top side. Although like BW learned the other night sometimes I dont know your there (sorry again BW).

We have more people running leagues right now (i think we are averaging around 27 cars per night) than we have in a very long time. Alot of this come from newer guys coming in to race and your going to have to give them some room to grow. I love the big fields, always have, so maybe instead of hammering someone for getting into you calm down or leave till your calmed down then come back and say "hey this is what i seen" and maybe this will be enough to alter their driving style. But sometimes you have to drive them how they drive you too :D
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24152

I know Im new at this and not even close to fast or consistant, but I try to keep the car on the same line as much as possible and give as much room to cars around me as possible. Even if it mean letting off or moving over. I get to watch from behind in races alot and have notice a tendancy for people to dive bomb corners and slide up, getting caught up in the racing and not relizing how fast they are entering the corners. I have been trying to concentrate on stability more than speed and hopefully when I can get the controll the speed will follow. Here are couple of ideas on rough driving and the fighting over it. First why not turn the damage settings to simulated, maybe it would keep people cleaner if there cars were actually getting tore up and effected how fast they are. Secound, maybe have a uninvolved person (someone not racing who can be impartial) to to review races and then hand out point deductions if warranted. Just my thoughts.

Thanks,
McFly34

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24174

• JFR17
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 6
I am the 2nd best in the world at this game and everything eles!!!!!!!!!!! I know this cause fas told me so... and I too am still not a nigga........but workin on it ;)
It is, what it is!!!!!!!

Re: DTR Driving 12 years 2 months ago #24176

• Jon
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • Thank you received: 5
Ive left races that i shouldnt of.B main at voulunteer in mods. 1rst lap i was driving down backstrecth wall. on wall lol didnt even call re start whats the point going be the same i was on front row
same ting in hot laps third times a charm why bother?

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 32 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form