Saturday, September 21, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic
  • Page:

TOPIC:

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54462

• IMPACT
  • IMPACT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 73
Well its been frustrating at times dealing with the fkn idiots but im learning how to deal with them better lol.. Its a pretty cool game imo.. got my 1st pole today ......

|^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|..LETS GO RACIN..| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._...________=|=||'_|__|.,] -
"(@)'(@)'"**|(@)(@)**** ''(@)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54463

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143

Theres my Street Stock...Remember in the rookie class the idea is don't race because there are so many idiots but just survive until you can move up!
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice
Attachments:

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54464

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion

Currently 1st in my division out of 439 and 16th overall out of and 2660 in the Late Models
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice
Attachments:

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54506

the idea is to get the pole like you did then wait for the guy in second to wreck the hole field then take it easy.

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54508

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
Well, it had been a while since I had tried iRacing, so today I figured I would give it one last try ( I tried it before SCE). And just like the last time I tried it, I discontinued my membership the first day. The reason being: it's like going to the arcade and playing Outrun or the Nascar game. It's totally cartoonish, and there is no communication between the drivers, beside the texted: Man You Suck or So Sorry, or Your a Stupid Idiot, there is no "vent" or "teamspeak" it's all voice to text or text. Scott, if you really wanna race on pavement and have a blast doing it, go to www.stockcarevolution.com and get the game. All you need is a paid version of rfactor. You can run the trucks, Nationwide or CUP without waiting MONTHS to get your card. And you don't have to deal with a bunch of idiots. My first race today, I didn't Q and drove my way to the front in a couple laps, just because they were wrecking everywhere and couldn't hold a line if it was drawn on a piece of paper and handed to 'em So IMO and after running SCE for a while, the handling, the graphics, the controls, the overall visual of sim racing, and the people are 1 million times better in SCE for Pavement Driving. Hell I would rather race DTR2 on pavement! So if you wanna save some money and race every night in The top Nascar series and with some awesome drivers and people, then get SCE and DELETE iracing. It's a Video Game, compared to Sim Racing IMHO
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54510

theres something to communicate with voice to voice dont what it is cause never felt like trying it cuz typing was good enough for me.

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54511

I think its like anything else in life.....if you go into it with a bad attitude or preconceived notion your mind is already made up.

There is no doubt that the street stocks suck. However there are more communication features in the iracing game then anyone can possibly use. Driver to driver, driver to spotter, driver to admin, driver to spectators, basically endless or as much as you want to set up. In addition every team and league uses their own teamspeak servers. The graphics are great if you have the equipment to run them, but i think it takes alot better PC equipment($$) to run good graphics in iracing compaired to SCE but i dont have it so I cant say for sure.

The license class system is a little intimidating at 1st, but it doesn't take months to get to A class. It took me less than 2 weeks from rookie to A class. And you only need a C class to run any of the Nascar series.

Here is a compairison video but its not NASCAR or SCE. Most of the other videos I have seen are pretty similar.

SCE does look good too though. I plan to try it out at some point. I cant seem to get my rfactor game to work right now. I think the install corrupted or something. I need to reinstall it when i get time.

I have talked to alot of people in iracing that say rfactor sucks and im sure there are alot of people in rfactor that say iracing sucks. Honestly I think it is probably a matter of personal preference like most things in racing, ie tracks, chassis, etc. Some people like late models, some people like sprints, some people just like to race.

However Iracing is no doubt more expensive.

On a lighter note check out this video....this is what you face in rookie street stocks..lol

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54512

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
I went in thinking, ok, I want to see how good this really is, and was hoping for the best, besides, I wouldn't open my wallet for something I had already made my mind up about. I had tried it before and thought it was cool, but I still liked DTR2 better, cause the racing was tighterYa I earned my certificate today so I watched all those videos that were posted about anything to do with iracing. The reason people say rfactor sucks is because they are racing on dirt. rfactor was designed to run on pavement, and the newer rf2 is way better than anything iracing has to offer with tire wear. We ran the Nascars on the Beta rf2 version and I was blown away. With all that stuff that you have to do with texting while you are racing there is only one way to win while doing that, and that is have your wife, who is pissed your paying money to do this, do all that for you, or your gonna lose 10 seconds looking at the all the keys and trying to type it up. I'm tellin ya man, once you try SCE (even on rf1) you will see what I am talking about. There are a couple guyts that ran in the Pro Cards in iracing and say they are having a ball with SCE. . But man, after playing SCE 2013, iracing isn't even a close 3rd for me. I hate DirtFactor, I think it sucks, but when you use the game for what it was developed for, you get quite a different opinion/
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54514

• IMPACT
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
ill check it out jason... but orsos right i went from rookie to class d in less than 5 days.. once i figured out u cant race with idiots..lol im really digging the game so far..ICE got me set up on voice commands its clear as a bell to..my graphics look awsome in the game itsself but i run a 1gb graphix card also.
|^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54517

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
Please do Scott. I really wouldn't be pushing this on ya as much if I didn't think you would like it. After running both, I can tell you for sure, that you will like SCE a ton more than iracing. Plus your not going to have a monthly payment, and the graphics are way better, and you wont need to buy a track to run. A couple leagues run their own schedule, like ProsnJoes ( www.prosnjoes.net/ ) that Ron Hornaday sponsors. but the Elite series and most leagues run the actual CUP/NNS/CWTS series' schedules. You wont get to race Lates or Stocks on this game, but you will get to tune the car to specific demands (just like Nascar and better than iracing). Wheel and Shock, and BLS_34 have ran SCE, so maybe you could get some input from them as well, although 2013 is way different and has better graphics than what 2011 and 2012 did. SCE has some very talented engineers programming the game to be better than anything out there, and I think with RF2 they have done that. Hope you do well in anything you try, but when you try SCE you will be like, "Damn, this is fun as heck", lol you will have fun man I promise! If you remember the Team NFR (Terry Underwood) that used to run DTR2 back in the day, he has a lot to do with the game these days. We don't have 40,000 members but we have enough to make racing fun. We had over 60 car entries for Daytona, but only 43 could race and The Duels and Shootout were AWESOME!!! we use teamspeak 3 and that's pretty much all you need. You have to use the Pit Box to adjust your settings in the race, like if you wanna change a bump stop or something. I wish I could pull out one of my replays to show you what we do in race but I have no idea how. Anyway, I'll shut up about it now. I just wanna see my fellow racing friends get the best outta Sim Racing, and if you wanna run Nascar, SCE is where to be!
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54519

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
JSN There are several ways of communication besides the text and voice options in the game you can always go to a Ventrilo or a TS room as several of the teams have (mostly TS). And I will tell you the rookie series is a cluster but I run the late model class and it is an absolute blast! And the license system really does a good job of advancing the people that can handle the cars and allows them to move up accordingly. So IMHO your HO sucks :D Love ya!

Last edit: by Icefighter.

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54523

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
Well until you try SCE and give it a shot you wont see the difference. Try SCE then you will have 2 sides to draw from instead of just knowing what iracing offers. It's a very big difference. Love You 2!!!! :kiss:
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Last edit: by BLS v6!.

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54524

• Gei$ler
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 221
Lol the rookie classes were a joke when i had iracing..
two ppl just sitting in the middle of the track at the finish in this video:

The following user(s) said Thank You: WFO_Greezy

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54534

• IMPACT
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Jason i downloaded it so ill check it out... This iracing is pretty kool yeah the rookie thing sux but its there for a reason .. its been 6 days and im already a Class B 3.57 so more than half way to Class A already..
|^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

iracing 10 years 11 months ago #54535

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
Cool beans, if your going to race, check out the new drivers go here tab. that way they can get you a number and get you in to the RPM manager and get you memberd up. I have decided to keep iracing going cause I love racing road courses and we only run those every once in a while on SCE, and I really dig racing the Solstice and the Cadillac on the road courses. I aint really worried about the Pro Card or anything to do with that, seeing how it takes countless hours to get those numbers up, I am just going to get what I can and shoot for F1 or whatever they use.
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 25 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form