Saturday, September 21, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Paper Replica Dirt TRACKS!! 11 years 4 days ago #54331

• Daveybird
  • Daveybird's Avatar Topic Author
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • I'm a sexy bird who can fly on dirt!
  • Thank you received: 9
Hey, I'm working on a paper dirt oval racing board game. Right now, I've got three tracks almost complete: Bloomington, Eldora, and Tri-State (Haubstadt), and several more in the works, which I made smaller-scale prototypes for. I used Google Earth for the bases, and then modified them, usually making them wider for more cars.

Tri-State:

Bloomington (RIP my childhood friend Josh Burton):

Windy Hollow (RIP Ryan Peters):

Eldora:

Gas City I-69:

LaSalle:

Volunteer:

Brownstown:

Columbus MS:

Those fan buildings at Columbus MS:

A UMP modified and a non-winged sprint car:

I need to clean up a few things, mainly, the wobbly walls. I'm working on these tracks and more so me and my friends at the group home can race in a late model series. Some more tracks I might include:

Kokomo
WIlliams Grove
Knoxville
East Bay
Terre Haute
Talladega Short Track
Twin Cities Raceway Park
Friendship Speedway
Cherokee Speedway
Lucas Oil Speedway (It has a lot of eye candy. Might have to borrow from the DTR2 version ;) )
Indy Fairgrounds (but it will be severely shrunken down)
KY Lake

Here are the rules, so when I release the game, you can try it out:

Players somehow decide what the starting order is. Either heats and mains, random drawing, or other stuff.

During the first cycle, the players take turns in their starting order, rolling the die and moving along the track that many spaces. The cycles after that go in order of the running order that was the last cycle's result, for example, if car #12 started 1st, 34 started 2nd, and 23 started 3rd, for that round turns would go in the order of 12, 34, 23, and if 23 nade his way to 2nd position, the next cycle would go 12, 23, 34. And yes, if you make it from last to first all the way in one turn at the start of the race, you get back to back turns. :)

You can choose to bump cars to gain an advantage on the competition, if you are a space behind or a space to the side of another car. You can either use basic bumping or advanced bumping, depending on what you decided on to use for the whole race.

Basic bumping is where you roll the same die that determines how many spaces you go. Rolling an odd number means you were unsuccessful in bumping, and thus don't move ahead. Even numbers mean you are successful in bumping, which means you move ahead one space in front of the opponent, then go as many spaces as the die says. If there are more than one cars blocking you, you have to roll the same amount of all the drivers blocking your way, and be successful at all of them in order to move ahead of the farthest car you have to bump.

Advanced bumping is the same as the basic version, except it uses its own dice. There are three kinds of these dice: light bumping, with two small risks and four small rewards, medium bumping, with three average risks and three average rewards, and aggressive bumping, with four severe risks and two great rewards. If you want a realistic sprint car race, you should lock the bumping to aggressive, lol!

The spaces in this board game are a bit different than in others. Each space is one continuous dark streak in the track (burnt rubber) as you see in some of my photos. Some are longer, and thus faster, than others, which makes it kinda like real racing. Tracks have their slow spots and their fast spots, and when making a track, you can even look up real data for where the faster and slower spots are so you can mark the spaces accurately.

There are several different dice, which have color-coded numbers, and that you use depending on the division of car you're running.

Black die: Hornets, Cruisers, Go Karts

Blue Die: Street Stocks/Bombers/Renegades, Mini Stocks, Stock 4s

Red Die: Super Street Stocks/Bombers, Super Stocks/Sportsman, IMCA/UMP-style Modifieds, Crate/Limited Late Models, Pro Stocks, and other mid-grade cars

Purple Die: Super Late Models, East Coast Big Block Modifieds, 360 Sprints

Green Die: 410 Sprint Cars and sometimes Super Late Models.

So how do you like my tracks and cars? As well as the rules for my game. Who knows, once word gets out, this might be a big hobby, rivaling RC and at least slot car racing. Think about it. People can meet at their friends' houses to race on tracks they made. Slot car and board gaming centers can make high-quality tracks. People can even use the 1/64th scale dirt late models, sprints, and modifieds to race like this. People can even get series' going!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Paper Replica Dirt TRACKS!! 11 years 3 days ago #54337

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
You might want to go to secure.davison.com/submitidea/?source_id...PR0rkCFZBaMgodfAQAYA and get that patented b4 someone takes your idea and makes money from it!!!!!!
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Paper Replica Dirt TRACKS!! 11 years 3 days ago #54341

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Lol cool man. You are a wild child
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Paper Replica Dirt TRACKS!! 11 years 3 days ago #54342

• IMPACT
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 73

BLS v6! wrote: You might want to go to secure.davison.com/submitidea/?source_id...PR0rkCFZBaMgodfAQAYA and get that patented b4 someone takes your idea and makes money from it!!!!!!

Yeah what he said ,,,,,,,,,,, then apply to get on shark tank an get one of the sharks to invest..
|^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|..LETS GO RACIN..| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._...________=|=||'_|__|.,] -
"(@)'(@)'"**|(@)(@)**** ''(@)

Paper Replica Dirt TRACKS!! 11 years 3 days ago #54359

cool man. i used buld real toy tracks for my hotwheels,machbox cars in kid years right down to banks and use loly pop sticks for seats lol

Paper Replica Dirt TRACKS!! 11 years 3 days ago #54363

• Daveybird
  • Daveybird's Avatar Topic Author
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • I'm a sexy bird who can fly on dirt!
  • Thank you received: 9
Which tracks did you make? In this era of papercraft and dirt diecast, the hobby has never seen any better days! ;)

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 20 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form