Friday, May 03, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8601

Hey guys I am new to the PC versions of the Ratbag games. I used to play the PS2 version of World of Outlaws SC 2002, but I found the PC version at ifrt-dirtracing.com. I am getting better at the PC version, but I see its a little different than the PS2 version, such as the steering. I was in the browser section in the multiplayer menu and saw you guys had a server up one day, as well as the 2 WoO Stat Servers. I was wondering if you guys still run that game as all I see is Dirt Track Racing 1 & 2 stuff.

Thanks!!

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8615

• SKM_18
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 23
Hi John...VLR's main game that we play is Dirt Track Racing 2...That other day we had the server up in the WoO Game we were just messing around with the game and seeing what its like, but if more people start playing it and are interested we could start racing it more.

Last edit: by SKM_18.

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8632

Ok, I just came from another league called the N.O.R.L. that races the old Papyrus game NASCAR Racing 4, if you've heard of it. I left that league because nobody got along with each other. So I came across this website awhile back. After I left the league I remembered this website and thought maybe I could join. I was just asking if you guys ran WoO as I do not like Dirt Track Racing 2. Hopefully you guys can gather some WoO people!!!!

John

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8636

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
What's wrong with DTR2? As for WoO I'm not sure if we will ever do anything with that. The biggest downfall of that game is that you can't make new chassis/tracks/mods like you can in DTR2. If you could, VLR would probably be playing that game right now instead of DTR2 and we'd be racing late models in it.

I've heard of NASCAR Racing 4, and have it somewhere. I think you should give dtr2 a go or tell why you don't like it, because it has sprint cars, too. But like I said, the graphics on WoO 2002 are awesome as far as dirt racing goes it looks realistic with the shine on the track, but it's limited that you can't edit anything. I think that is why not many people play it now because it would get old fast running the same 15 tracks or so for 10 years.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8637

Wow, I didn't know that the game was so limited like that. I was digging through some of the files in the game folder and found a lot of files I couldn't open or never seen before, like those .pre files. And about 5 minutes ago I ran a few quick races in DTR2, and I guess I had some fun with it.. maybe I didn't like it 5 years ago because I sucked then lol. I'll try a few races online, but beware, i'm not to good at this and I may be a little squirrely!!

John

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8639

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
You're alright John. We all suck at one level or another. I've won quite a few browser races but I know that theres always somebody faster. 80% of the community here is actually willing to help anybody that comes in to make the game more fun.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8640

Are those sets that I can download from EVR Motorsports any good or are they just starter-type sets?? Oh and do you guys have a link for the DTR2 Sprint Car? Or are you talking about DTR Sprint Cars?

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8643

• WFO Rainman
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Team WFO - Since Before VLR
  • Thank you received: 36
Everything is available here in the downloads section. becareful tryin to add too much at once to game though. If you add any chassis you must have a skin for said chassis in game as well. Welcome to DTR2 John! And if you get any sets from anywhere they will be fairly decent. everyone drives different so everyone will have a slightly different setup. But there are several setup packages here at vlr as well.
Take'r Easy, If She's easy take'r twice Now Let's Get it ON!!!

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8647

Thanks Rainman!! I just downloaded my local tracks, Attica and Fremont, and now I downloaded the WoO Sprint Car for DTR2. I see a Sprint Car and a Sprint Car 360 folder. Is the Sprint Car folder the 410's? And where do i put the 2 folders??

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8648

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
ALL your cars will go in the (make new folder called) C:\Games\Infogrames\Dirt Track Racing 2\data\cars
your skins will be in (make new folder called) C:\Games\Infogrames\Dirt Track Racing 2\data\skins
tracks (make new folder called ) C:\Games\Infogrames\Dirt Track Racing 2\data\tracks
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Last edit: by BLS v6!.

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8649

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
those will be your main folders,and if your on a wheel, I have some sets here clled BLS Jsn they are for a momo wingman and I have most car setups from the smaller prostocks to WoO.
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8650

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
If you are gonna race leagues, look on the community tab and click DTR2 schedules, then you can DL the track to yuor tracks folder for that event. You dont need to keep all your tracks and cars in the game, you can make new folders to hold them till u need that car or track.
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8651

• WFO Rainman
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Team WFO - Since Before VLR
  • Thank you received: 36
yea ill tell you what. make a data shortcut to your desktop. saves days of time. everything is in that data folder. have to have cars, skins, tracks, setups folders all right there. I downloaded same package as you. there are no skins in that file. make sure to grab skins for said chassis
Take'r Easy, If She's easy take'r twice Now Let's Get it ON!!!

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8655

I just tried the WoO Sprints, had some fun with them. Only problems I saw were the left rear wheel was the same size as right rear, and the cockpit did not look like a sprint car. But, I don't know if you guys can modify those as I have no idea how to edit this game lol. Other than that they were pretty fun. Do you guys run those?

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8661

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
We did till NFR went M.I.A., and you will onlu see the regular view of DTR2 in the cockpit. You can only tell your runnin a WoO when you see the cars beside you and by the way they handle. Most Sprints are made with the Modified files, and most Lates are mad with the Late model files, so therefore you will see the default view of the inside of the car. I run in car also, and that's the only thing I see wrong. The wheels re the same because it is made with DTR2 files and DTR2 is not a Sprint car game, it was made with Mods, Lates, And Prostocks in mind. You can make the wheels bigger and smaller for your driving style by moving the curser over the tire bar in the player setup perfomance page.
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8683

Thanks Jsn, I use a Logitech MOMO. I have a lot of trouble with it, because it loses configuration each time I start the game up. And one thing, I downloaded DTR1 from ifrt, and it is the Australia version. Is that the default DTR1? Also, I click on the shortcut and I can see the icon come up on the taskbar but the game never starts. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8684

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Yeah it says dtr1 but its the australia verison .The regular dtr1 is different but I'm not sure where to download it. ANd the fact that the game never starts is probably a compatibility issue with whatever version of windows you are usin.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re:WoO SC 2002 12 years 9 months ago #8685

I'm using Windows 7. That's probably the problem.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 45 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form