Sunday, May 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51148

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
For anyone who didn't see the 2nd video posted last night I'll provide the link below. In this video it will go over how to do some alp which is things like lights, trees, fences, crowd and basically any object in dtr2 that you're able to drive through without feeling any damage. It also covers a few more things that I was specifically asked in the first video thread by DCNation. Unfortunately the video quality ended up lower than the first video which I'll try to make sure doesn't happen again but hopefully you guys can see everything decent. Sorry about that.

Video 3 may go over some more alp as well as grip and a few other things that people request. So if you have something to ask, ask here.

Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51169

thanx shock and I also made a new thred askin a question for you to and once again thanks for he videos
Download my car its the one im gonna use for all races im in thanks headline is DCnation

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51172

since its prolly easier to reply here then ill post here yes I did and yes it helped allot to. so I got with a couple racers from around here and they have gave me he specs of there car and chassi and I was wounderign what all you needed to create a chassi I was gonna give all the information to someone whos exalent at making chassis to get these chassis exactly like in real life so I was bassicly just figuring out what I needed. there even gonna give me a basic set up for there car to. its a chassi I want to use for a league that im gonna run but not quite sure when yet but I wanted it made so the chassi could get out there and people can get use to them befor it dose stat.
Download my car its the one im gonna use for all races im in thanks headline is DCnation

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51176

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I don't do chassis so I probably can't help there, but it's the same general process

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51216

So can I use another tracks flag stand this way?

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51218

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
You have to use your own tracks flag stand or a tracks flagstand that is made from the same track as yours. Like say you want Lawrenceburgs flag stand at Portsmouth. Those two tracks are both made from Eagle so you could use those, but you can't bring in objects from another track that's made from a different track than the one you're working on. You can probably spruce it up some in alp though as covered in the second video...

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51226

can you paint the grass area? And what would it be called?

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51242

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I think I kinda went over that in one of the videos. If you go in the de2 and find the object which highlights the area of grass you want to paint simply click on that object and open up the polygon list under it, and right click on any polygon and click View. Then drag your mouse over the directory listed by "Texture:" to see what texture belongs to it. Most tracks have several types of grass though in different files to do what you need to

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51244

Thanks

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51308

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
So I'm thinking about making a third video tonight to help with grip and such, but I need to know who has made it through the first two videos and been able to get a track to show up in the game?!?! Cause it doesn't seem like as many people are watching them now and I would like to know before I waste time on a third one. Please let me know by this evening so I can start on it if it's worth doing.

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51312

I'm working through it, been a little busy getting final crops in and getting things around house done so we can get our season started Saturday if weather lets us.

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51313

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 44
I don't think your wasting time, I think during this time of the year a lot of people are more interested in outdoor stuff, racing and all. but this winter when theres is nothing to do would be when I would spend more time trying to make a track, I think you have done a great job on explaning the methods and software to be used. its going to take some expermenting for the guys to get it right but once they mess with it a few times they will get it figured out. I have done some messing around with tracks a few years ago, and I can edit them with my architectial program (AutoCad 14) Its pretty expensive for just track editing but way more powerful than Rhino you can manage the wire frames easly and more precise the problem with AutoCad is you have to purchase all the modules individually, I have about $20k tied up in Autocad and still need more mods all the time. AutoCad will let you delete objects and add objects of the same gender with AutoCad you don't need TextDraw for images you just convert them to a DXF (drawing exchange file) when importing them, saves time. Anyways I just thought I would toss you that bit of info. but for sure go ahead and continue the vids. they will get used for sure. Thanks for your dedication brother.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51315

Shock, you have to look at the big picture. Our lives are short and miserable, but your video's will be viewed for years and years to come. And eventually, this seed you planted will be cultivated in someone's mind who's intellect and access to Excel will produce awesome tracks for the next generation. After the Obama Zombies come and decimate our infrastructure and steal our precious bodily fluids, the few survivors will need something to do in their free time.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Col. Sanders

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51316

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Karl wrote: I don't think your wasting time, I think during this time of the year a lot of people are more interested in outdoor stuff, racing and all. but this winter when theres is nothing to do would be when I would spend more time trying to make a track, I think you have done a great job on explaning the methods and software to be used. its going to take some expermenting for the guys to get it right but once they mess with it a few times they will get it figured out. I have done some messing around with tracks a few years ago, and I can edit them with my architectial program (AutoCad 14) Its pretty expensive for just track editing but way more powerful than Rhino you can manage the wire frames easly and more precise the problem with AutoCad is you have to purchase all the modules individually, I have about $20k tied up in Autocad and still need more mods all the time. AutoCad will let you delete objects and add objects of the same gender with AutoCad you don't need TextDraw for images you just convert them to a DXF (drawing exchange file) when importing them, saves time. Anyways I just thought I would toss you that bit of info. but for sure go ahead and continue the vids. they will get used for sure. Thanks for your dedication brother.

Thanks Karl, I'm glad you've watched them and hope you get involved in track making. I've messed around very little with AutoCAD but my boss at work self taught himself and designs all the houses we make in it and can get creative with it.

Also thanks LP, I will be viewing your message for years and years to come as well as I try to decipher the true meaning behind the words you eloquently typed into this message box thingy.

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51321

• Eric41
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm the best
  • Thank you received: 64
is there any way that i can rotate the objects? like face the haulers a different way?

DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Video 2 - More advanced 10 years 11 months ago #51334

I am ready to release track. Just one thing left. I would like to change the picture and track name in the display picture when you are picking tracks.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Col. Sanders

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 165 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form