Thursday, May 02, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60566

• BMS
  • BMS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
We need donations to further develop DTR2's editing ability.To anyone who donates $100+ dollars within the next 2 weeks I will build any track of your choice,you will also get to be apart of the biggest project to hit DTR2 since it's release.You will have your name in the credits of the program as helping developed this.Thank you for your support.
P.S. Please leave a note in your donation as to what track you would like built.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60567

what are you trying to do ?
what is the cost ?
who is doing this mod ?

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60568

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Hey guys, I hate to feel like a bum, but I have posted a project for a new DE2 Editor (The program that creates all the add ons for dtr2) www.getacoder.com/projects/small_editing...for_game_165441.html. Unfortunately, the bids are well out of my price range. I can throw in like $500 or so of my own money, and most of the rest will need to be covered by donations if this is going to happen. Anyway, the goal is that the person who creates this program will make a new DE2 Editor that allows us to make completely new cars and tracks from SCRATCH.

Currently we have to edit existing cars and tracks and can not add new objects to them. With this program the hope is that we can make new cars and tracks from scratch, and even import them from other games, both things that will GREATLY improve DTR2, and be like playing an entirely new game.

So...I know it will be hard to get around $1,000 in donations the next couple weeks (The program should be done within 2 months from now), but to sweeten the idea, I am going to create a new track or chassis for the TOP DONATOR for this month with the new editor, if we can get close to the amount needed to pay for this. It will be the most detailed and unique track in DTR2 history. If not, I will send all the money back on PayPal to anyone who donated. So if you have a little extra money to spare and can donate for making the game 100% better me, and all the other editors on this game would be very very grateful! I will post the top donator if we are able to meet the goal and create the new track or chassis for them with the new program.

THANK YOU! You can donate on the home page of the VLR site here. ALL DONATIONS will go to this project, which in turn will take DTR2 to new heights. If this goes well, I have more projects in mind that I will pay for that will further improve the game, like more cars in multiplayer, etc. Thanks again.

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60571

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
1. Get a new, much more advanced de2 editor built to make entirely new tracks, cars, and other things for dtr2. And import tracks from other games as well and have much better graphics for the tracks/cars.

2. Cost is between $1,500 and $2,000. Right now I think the $1,500 bid is the best guy for the job if I can get in touch with him soon.

3. Someone from www.getacoder.com will be creating the program for much much less than we could get it made for in the US
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60572

I think is great that we are trying to do this again , but I think the main focus should be on getting the multi server fixed so we can add more than 10 cars. The main reason guys left this game for others like nk3 and others was of the cars you can race against. I know the guys that have made the chassis and tracks are at a point that they cant do much else , but not sure making things look better should be the first step. I would like to see a poll done on what would be the best thing to go after first. I didn't write this to cause a pissing match so keep this on what the topic is about , i have shown support in the past and i'm willing to try this time if it is what everyone thinks is best.

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60573

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It's not to make it look better, it's to improve them and create entirely new things for the game. The more than 10 car thing is very very unlikely, but if we can get money for this then that is the next thing I would like to do.

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60576

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I will post the more than 10 car thing but from what I've heard, it seems like they would have to have the original game code to re edit it it. And I've talked to everyone that matters at Ratbag (except for Richard Harrison, because I've pretty much given up after the previous responses from the other 3 I talked to) and every one of them say they don't have the first hint of code. But I will post it and see if someone can, I won't be able to pay for it, though, so people will need to step up. I am more focused on the new editing/creating program for DTR2 because that is something I definitely see as being possible. If I knew for sure that they could do the more than 10 car deal, that would be #1 on my list. I'll put a feeder out there anyway right now to see.

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60583

I will donate a 100 within the next 2 weeks for you guys as I'd like to help out and see dtr2 get even better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60585

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thank you very much for all your help Kyle. If this somehow falls through I will send your money back, but I plan to buy it anyway, it'll just set me back a lot, but this would be HUGE for DTR2 and be like a whole new game essentially. When you donate, please add a note for what track you'd like.

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60588

i could donate , i dont play online much anymore mainly bc my new internet lags but id love to see a new 2014 dirtcar big block modified series, with updated cars and im willing to pay 100$ for it...

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60589

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion

VLR_Shock wrote: Thank you very much for all your help Kyle. If this somehow falls through I will send your money back, but I plan to buy it anyway, it'll just set me back a lot, but this would be HUGE for DTR2 and be like a whole new game essentially. When you donate, please add a note for what track you'd like.

I got Kyle covered I just need to get at it..Brewerton and Syracuse lol

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60602

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I got the guy to lower his bid to $1,200 for the project. So we are moving forward with this now and it is officially going to happen. Now, we haven't got any donations yet so I hope they will start coming to help cover some of the costs and improve the game for everyone dramatically. Remember, if you donate $100+ we will make you a track ASAP, $200+ you will get two tracks of your choice.

Donate on the home page of site. Thanks! Everyone who donates will be mentioned in the program credits for their work on making the new DE2 Editor/Creator a reality.

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60604

If I can I will donate 200. Depends how work is but will send 100 today.

PLEASE HELP TO FURTHER DEVELOP DTR2 9 years 8 months ago #60606

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thank you so much Kyle!!!! I just sent the guy the payment. We really need some donations to help cover this. This will improve the cars and tracks 500%. If we get enough donations I would like to have their company do even more work for us regarding this. I was told the more than 10 cars in multiplayer is impossible without the source code, though. So I"m still working on that as well.

Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 22 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form