Wednesday, May 01, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Logitech Momo Steering Lock Settings 10 years 7 months ago #54211

• Sticks
  • Sticks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
  • Thank you received: 3
I understand that whether your using a wheel or a keyboard will affect what steering lock you use when making setups in the game. What kind of steering lock is best with a Logitech Momo or is it just user preference? Some of the setups I've seen have it set at 40...

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Logitech Momo Steering Lock Settings 10 years 7 months ago #54212

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 124
16 to 25 for a wheel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sticks

Logitech Momo Steering Lock Settings 10 years 7 months ago #54214

Most Tracks i put 16.9,but i will go up to 18.2

Logitech Momo Steering Lock Settings 10 years 7 months ago #54215

• IMPACT
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 73
i have had the black momo now i have the red momo... i run 19.9 on all my sets .. ive experimented with lower an higher locs but 19.9 seems to be the best over all..
|^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|..LETS GO RACIN..| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._...________=|=||'_|__|.,] -
"(@)'(@)'"**|(@)(@)**** ''(@)

Logitech Momo Steering Lock Settings 10 years 7 months ago #54217

• Sticks
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late
Appreciate the responses guys... A wheel is going to take some getting used to. Hooked my Momo up for the first time last night. Do you all prefer using the force feedback or not? I ran both ways last night and just have to get a feel on which one I'm going to use all the time.

Logitech Momo Steering Lock Settings 10 years 7 months ago #54218

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 124
I don't run force feed back

Logitech Momo Steering Lock Settings 10 years 7 months ago #54219

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
When I first started out I kept mine at 15.7 That will keep you from spinning out. The higher you go the looser it gets, meaning the faster it will turn down into the corner earlier, but you have to bee real smooth or you will spin out. The lower you go the tighter it will get, meaning it will not turn as quick, but will be a lot less likely to get loose on you in the corner. The lower the lock, the easier it is to keep control when you get bumped also. The higher you go, the more likely you are to spin out when getting tapped. I run mine from 15.7 to 16.9 on big tracks and anywhere from 18.1 to 20.4 on small tracks, and on a real drafty track (bump drafting) I will use as low as 5 (Daytona) and 13 (Lernerville) I have setups that are made for the MoMo wheel in the setups section, it is called BLS_Jason All Chassis Setups , they will have you pointed in the right direction for any car at any track. Get Them Here www.teamvlr.com/index.php/component/docm...setups.html?start=20 2nd page 3/4 down
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Logitech Momo Steering Lock Settings 10 years 7 months ago #54220

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82

Sticks wrote: Appreciate the responses guys... A wheel is going to take some getting used to. Hooked my Momo up for the first time last night. Do you all prefer using the force feedback or not? I ran both ways last night and just have to get a feel on which one I'm going to use all the time.

I have always used Force Feedback, it is a GREAT way to "feel" the track and gives you the "real" experience. It also keeps you from moving the wheel too much to either direction, by being tight you wont "spin" the wheel as much. With it off, the wheel is more free moving making it hard to keep from moving it too much. In this game you want to move it as little as possible. I also use "in-car" view, to get the most real feel out of this game. When using FF, you can feel the bumps, when it grabs, and when your front end leaves the ground and that way you know when to let out and when to gas it at the very exact moment you need to. IMO this is a game that puts you in the drivers seat of a race car in real race action (LIVE ACTION WHOOOOOOOO) So to not use what the game and wheel has given you to be in a live racing environment would be leaving yourself short of a good time. BUT that is how I feel, everyone is different and prefer different things.
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Last edit: by BLS v6!.

Logitech Momo Steering Lock Settings 10 years 7 months ago #54224

• Sticks
  • Limited Late
  • Limited Late

BLS v6! wrote: When I first started out I kept mine at 15.7 That will keep you from spinning out. The higher you go the looser it gets, meaning the faster it will turn down into the corner earlier, but you have to bee real smooth or you will spin out. The lower you go the tighter it will get, meaning it will not turn as quick, but will be a lot less likely to get loose on you in the corner. The lower the lock, the easier it is to keep control when you get bumped also. The higher you go, the more likely you are to spin out when getting tapped. I run mine from 15.7 to 16.9 on big tracks and anywhere from 18.1 to 20.4 on small tracks, and on a real drafty track (bump drafting) I will use as low as 5 (Daytona) and 13 (Lernerville) I have setups that are made for the MoMo wheel in the setups section, it is called BLS_Jason All Chassis Setups , they will have you pointed in the right direction for any car at any track. Get Them Here www.teamvlr.com/index.php/component/docm...setups.html?start=20 2nd page 3/4 down

Thanks for the info.. I think I have those setups downloaded already but will confirm I do and check them out...

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 165 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form