Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #714

• NESFAN
  • NESFAN's Avatar Topic Author
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, I have wanted to have Flemington Speedway's Ai adjusted for a long time. Before FUO Motorsports shut down, VLR_Shock and I had been talking about it. I was wondering if this is still in the works, is it to hard because it is a square?
Thank You,
NESFAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #715

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Hey man I've been wondering if you found this site or not...It is because it is a square that it would be really hard but I'll look at it over the weekend and see...I gotta get this other track out and hopefully Brownstown so I'll try to get to that man.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #717

• NESFAN
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
Hey, I am in no hurry. I just have seen some of the tracks that you all make, and they are immaculate. I figured if anyone can make a the Ai into a square, it is you. Just one more question, is there anyway to make the Ai run closer together instead of spreading out so much?
Thank You,
NESFAN

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #718

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I think there are ways to get them to run two different lines, but if they don't actually run the track right and let off at the right time it really won't matter...that is one thing I never got good at was editing AI. I will do the best I can on this but it won't be perfect but my goal would be for them to be able to make laps lol

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #719

• NESFAN
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
Hey, it wasn't about this track specifically, it was just in general on all tracks. That is all I want for Flemington though. If you can make them run around the track, I would be more than satisfied. I know how hard it is to change it, because I tried, it must be ten times harder to make the cars run a square. On a side note, any idea on what happend with FUO?
Thank You,
NESFAN

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #720

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah it's hard for a square...umm FUO just went down I guess not payin the bills or something that really sucks but you should be able to do all the things on this site and more than their and it's updated a lot...it just sucks that it went down had a lot of users and stuff on it.

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #723

• NESFAN
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
Exactly, until I found your site, I had no connection, because for whatever reason Blackhole will not activate my account. I registered there over a year ago, when I registered at FUO.

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #872

• NESFAN
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
Stupid question for ya Shock, I found Flemington for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season, and it works good, anyway of taking the Ai from that?

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #874

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
NESFAN wrote:

Stupid question for ya Shock, I found Flemington for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season, and it works good, anyway of taking the Ai from that?

Na, I wish but you can't :(

I still haven't even got around to tryin with the AI just yet. I'll go do it now actually and let u know if I can even get them to run half way decent or not.

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #876

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I done it, but it's not good by any stretch. The AI was impossible before, and now they are just horrendously bad which may not be any better. UNZIP this file in your C:\Games\Infogrames\Dirt Track Racing 2\data\tracks\FLEMINGTON\ai\chareasy to see the new AI which does suck but I STILL haven't learned how to do it properly, obviously...especially for a tough track like this one

File Attachment:

File Name: rec.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 11 months ago #887

• NESFAN
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
This is how racing was there though, just less frequently lol. Cars hug the corner too tight, get to high on the straight, and wooden fences plus high speed meant a lot of rollovers, and, unfortunately deaths. Ashame it is gone. It was open every year, every week of the season from 1915 to 2002. Now there is a Lowe's and Walmart. Just one question, can the cars follow that line under caution? They still follow the old line under caution. Otherwise not bad. All it would take to be perfect would be higher in the corner and lower on the straight.
Thank You,
NESFAN

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 9 months ago #1205

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hey Paul perhaps you could do a better job of the AI at this Flemington track than I could do...it is shaped like a square. I had it decent but it needs to be messed with more to get the cars to run better if you're interested.

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 9 months ago #1208

Yeah, I have the track. Will take your other rec and see,if its close. I am yet to deal with this track, but I will try. Sometimes you can swap A1's from lone track to another to get a closer match if that helps. There has been only one track ever to my knowledge that come close to Flemington, which is the Cube. I will try this first if you A1 is not the best.

Re: Flemington Speedway 13 years 9 months ago #1249

• NESFAN
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
Thank you guys, don't slave yourselves over this. I wish I could figure out track making, I see cars following the track for the most part, but pounding the wall causing the pile up, but don't have the slightest of ideas on how to fix it. Skins, I am good with, tracks I am useless. All I am looking for, is cars that go around the track, which Shock really helped me with, but the one problem is the cars still crash everywhere making racing there really annoying. Sorry Shock for being so annoying with this, but this was my local track, and would like to race there a lot on DTR2. I found it for NR2003 and it works great, but the two things the NR2003 doesn't have that DTR2 does is a good dirt feel, and does not have the groups like this to help out.
Thank you,
NESFAN

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 44 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form