Sunday, April 28, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
VLR

TOPIC:

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 1 month ago #70184

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
The A Main should be here in about five minutes! Let me know what you think. I don't have a B main replay since I wasn't in the B. Sorry.

Official results. Congrats to VLR_JW on the big win in a thrilling race!

Pos Driver
1 VLR_JW
2 VLR_Shock
3 SKM_Smallz
4 BLS_BW43
5 VLR_LastPlace
6 VLR_Atwood
7 J-MAC
8 VLR_43a
9 DeadBolt
10 BLS_F1yer
11 XCR_KingGinger
12 War48
13 ICE_Eric41
14 VLR_21*
15 Grasshopper
16 peanut
17 Heartland1
18 WFO_Faschek
19 XRL_RB!
20 Josh4

Team VLR - Racing since 2004
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: HEARTLAND1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 3 weeks ago #70280

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
WFO_Rainman picks up his first VLR win in nearly 5 years last night as he held off VLR_Shock by .002 seconds at the line in one of the closest finishes in VLR history at the always popular Thunderbird Speedway!
Pos Driver
1 WFO Rainman
2 VLR_Shock
3 VLR_JW
4 BLS_BW43
5 XCR_Orso
6 VLR_LastPlace
7 WFO_Faschek
8 VLR_43a
9 WFO_GetReal
10 FU_10D
11 DeadBolt
12 peanut
13 ICE_Eric41
14 War48
15 Waidler
16 WFO*Duster
17 Hoover
- XCR_KingGinger

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 3 weeks ago #70290

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
RAINMAN WINS IN THRILLING SIDE BY SIDE FINISH AT VLR

MUSKOGEE, OK (April 3, 2016) – It had been a long 4 1/2 years since well-known sim racer WFO_Rainman had pulled his familiar purple and black Ford Mustang dirt late model into victory lane at VLR. That was until Sunday night at Thunderbird Speedway when the veteran edged rival VLR_Shock in a photo finish by .002 seconds in one of the closest finishes in VLR history.

Rainman quickly catapulted from his fifth place starting position to the lead by lap six, and seemed destined to cruise to his fifth career win in style. The East Moline, IL driver had built up a strong 1.5 second lead with ten laps to go. However, Rainman’s tires would begin to rapidly fall off while second place runner VLR_Shock began closing in rapidly.

With two laps to go the margin was down to less than three car lengths, setting up a classic duel to the finish on the final lap. Going into turn one on the last lap, Shock was able to close right in on the bumper of the x59 machine. Coming down the back straightaway for the final time the two were locked together single file. Shock dipped under Rainman going into turn three while Rainman went to block, however Shock was able to still get under Rainman.

The two rocketed through turn three side-by-side with Shock leaning on the x59 of Rainman as they made their way through turn four and onto the front straightaway one last time headed for the checkered flag. The two expert sim racers continued to the line cleanly and after reviewing the timing and scoring it was determined that Rainman had won by .002 seconds over his competitor Shock.

“I wasn’t sure we were even gonna be able to make it to this race,” said the winner. “We had to pick and choose our battles and I was trying to stay closer to home to race, but when Thunderbird is on a schedule that’s always a good one for us to try to make. It was a grueling race and I’m just glad it was 40 laps and not 41 because 0 (Shock) probably would’ve won then. It feels great to get back in the winner’s circle here at VLR and at WFO Thunderbird.”

Rainman’s victory ended his 24-race winless streak at VLR which dated back to October 2011 when he pulled a massive upset at Kokomo over a stout field of drivers. “I just came down here to race for fun and hopefully get in the feature and make a decent showing. I’m just happy I made the right choice when I picked my tires before the feature because that shot me out to a big lead and I just had to hang on at the end. It always feels great to beat VLR at their series.”

VLR_Shock was content, but not satisfied with his runner-up finish after feeling like he had the best car and qualifying on the pole for the 40 lap feature event at the big 5/8 mile track. “Thunderbird has always been a good track for me, but Rain is always stout here as well. If it was any other track I’d be happy with a second but I feel like we had the best car and I gambled with a harder tire than I needed and that might have cost us the race. Still it was an awesome finish and if I roughed him up a little more we’d be down in victory lane right now.

“Rain and I don’t always get along but I was happy to see him win just because he’s a legend in sim racing and hasn’t been around as much lately. He had it dialed in tonight and it was all I could do to catch him at the end. He did a good job of saving those softer tires.”

VLR point leader JW came home with a strong third place run as he looks to win his first ever VLR championship after coming very close in the past. “This Barry Wright was fast tonight, but we got caught up in a few battles and couldn’t get up there to reel Rainman and Shock in. I’m still happy with a third place and next week we head up north to Albany-Saratoga and I think we will have a hot rod there. Good points day for us and I’d just like to thank VLR~For~Life, Monster Energy, and J&J Steel for giving us this opportunity.”

Completing the top ten were BLS_BW in fourth, XCR_Orso in fifth, after a side by side finish with VLR_LP, who came home sixth. WFO_Faschek came home seventh for his best finish of the season. VLR_43a continued his improvement and made his third A Main in the last four races after coming home eighth. WFO_GetReal and FU_10D rounded out the top 10.

In preliminary action, VLR_Shock set fast time with a scorching fast 16.35 lap. VLR_Shock, VLR_JW, and XCR_Orso won their respective heat races. FU_10D and BLS_BW43 won their respective B Mains.

For the latest breaking news on the Team VLR Late Model Series, log onto www.teamvlr.com and follow the series at www.facebook.com/dtr2races.

Pos Driver
1 WFO Rainman

2 VLR_Shock

3 VLR_JW

4 BLS_BW43

5 XCR_Orso

6 VLR_LastPlace

7 WFO_Faschek

8 VLR_43a

9 WFO_GetReal

10 FU_10D

11 DeadBolt

12 peanut

13 ICE_Eric41

14 War48

15 Waidler

16 WFO*Duster

17 Hoover

- XCR_KingGinger

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70399

Hrtld1 and G-hop.............. are planning a appearance at A-S 16 Tonight, Hope to see Many other's, As well ...................
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

Last edit: by HEARTLAND1.

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70400

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Tonight at 8:30! This is gonna be a great race!

Attachments:

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70406

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
VLR_JW wins again and is now well on his way to his first career VLR championship in the finale at Speedway City 2016 next Sunday night! Great job!

Pos Driver
1 VLR_JW
2 VLR_LastPlace
3 BLS_BW43
4 VLR_Shock
5 WFO Rainman
6 WFO_Faschek
7 VLR_43a
8 J-MAC
9 XCR_KingGinger
10 VLR_Atwood
11 WFO_GetReal
12 Grasshopper
13 Heartland1
14 Hoover
15 Waidler
16 War48
17 VLR_Bubba DNS
18 #1 Gei$ler

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70407

Another great show, put on by all the folk's of VLR racing................ Knew when I could NOT hit a 12 , all week, on or offline... I was in Trouble, as for G-HOP, kid does what he does, with less than 30 min practice..... and under 50 laps, He's got a feel, and a Eye, for this..... Just needs some settlin down... thx 4 the SHOW, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70409

Shock, KG , ect....... When you post the headline to facebook, or on here, will ya include the re-play..... thx.

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70412

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Here is my replay. Ghop is good but he needs to learn to get out of the way if being lapped. Or not stop on the track for the leaders to hit him.

File Attachment:

File Name: VLR-A-Albany-4th.zip
File Size:5,767 KB
Attachments:

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70414

Yea, I will speak for him, since he's not on here during the week, Probly more so MY FAULT, than his, in the aspect, he didn't know, our lap-tops are side by side in our race-shop, during these races, I seen him get hit.......... then come back across track, to front stretch, and stop..... I AM YELLING...GIT-GIT.... Then he took back off.............. Itold him then, hope you did not phuck somebody up too bad, he didn't know, AND thought he could get a caution, I have explained on how ALL that works, He'll be fine..... He meant no ill feeling's........ROOKIE MISTAKE........ THX 4 RE-PLAY, SHOCK........
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70418

just finished watching replay, heck of a job, lp... didn't realize you led the thing little past half-way, V70 had harder tires ? what wetness was that run on ? ....... Cause he passed, and GOT SMALL on ya......

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70422

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It was on 20 wetness and JW had medium hard tires on he said.

The schedule page here tells you what wetness was picked at each race: teamvlr.com/index.php/en/racing-menu/current-vlr-schedule.html

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70423

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Wetness picked by me at what could be considered even more of a home track than OCFS and I went with 20 in honor of the all time winningest driver at Albany Saratoga and possibly the all time winningest driver in the northeast, Brett Hearn who has 884 career feature wins, 107 of which are at the Great Race Place and 78 track/series championships, 6 of which from Albany Saratoga.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70437

I had mediums on Heartland. I was getting great tire wire and thought they would hold up. They actually did hold up ok. JW is just awesomeness personified.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Col. Sanders

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70469

thx, Shock, yea, I forgot, now I remember seeing it................. my bad..

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 2 weeks ago #70470

yea, bided his time to make his move, then DROVE AWAY..... He as Few other's here, Really Know how the game is going to re-act , during race.... you have made MILESTONES of improvement in That Department, lp..........

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 1 week ago #70504

HEARTLAND1, layin down some lap's at Speedway City 16.................. oh yea ! ....
Attachments:

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 1 week ago #70505

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
How are you liking Australia Heartland? Ready for da Down Unda Thunda 65
The following user(s) said Thank You: HEARTLAND1

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 1 week ago #70512

It's going just fine, MATE........... Doing another session today.... On the Billy Drake scene, Started 8th, finish 5th... Farmer City. On a BRIGHT note, Red, from IOWA, ran somewhere last night in our car, he as well started 8th, And picked up a WIN...... woot-woot, for MasterSbilt, by Ray NeltnerJr.....
Attachments:

VLR $1100+ purse series INFO AND DETAILS! 8 years 1 week ago #70524

HEARTLAND1 Hope's to " keep this train a-rolling " into Speedway City...... last night at Peoria Speedway, with my daughter, Val.......... Owner/ Operator of Valour...

Attachments:

Last edit: by HEARTLAND1.
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 64 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form