Saturday, May 18, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
VLR
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2639

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Hey guys...I'm thinking of scraping the VLR Crates series (at least for this season) and instead running a Rookie series on Friday nights in place of it. Would anyone on these forums be interested in that? I think we would run 12 races at Default tracks, with maybe one or two add ons thrown in. Also, the chassis would be a brand new chassis called the Rookie late.

It would be slower than the VLR Crates to make for closer racing and to hopefully help everyone learn how to race with others better. If you would be interested in running a series like this on Friday nights at 8 pm eastern let me know and I'll decide in the next week or so.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2641

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 44
I like that idea and since I have never raced a rookie race, I guess I would be a Rockie of the rookie races right?

Last edit: by Karl.

Re: Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2643

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
yeah I tried that at WFO last season and ended up with 3 or 4 drivers per race
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re: Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2648

I would agree with ice on who will show . Try caling it something like "Best of The Young Guns" series or something cause I think when it's called rookie guys dont come because that dont want to be called a rookie.

Re: Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2659

That sounds fun, I have thought about entering some of the "pro" events but after running on browser against some of you guys I realized that I would probably just be in the way. So it would be fun to run against guys more my speed. I will get faster just not over night.

Re: Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2660

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
Shock you will really need to define rookie as I have experienced in the past when we ran rookie leagues that what we might determine as rookie might not really be a rookie..There are talented drivers out there but rookies to leagues and online racing so are rookies just starting DTR2 or maybe just haven't run enough leagues to be known...Like the idea and hope it will work out..Maybe a reward at the end of season as a spot or tryout on a team for the best rookie would give a good car count plus needs to be a fairly short season like 8-10 weeks..Also I would throw a couple of different rookie friendly chassis at them and then move up to topline chassis towards the end..Just my thoughts and experiences from the past..But remember everyone was a rookie once and we should remember what we had to learn and how we learned.. Great idea and make it work Shock!! Thank yenko2
Attachments:

Re: Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2661

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Yeah Yenko that's what I'm trying to come up with and when I do I will let everyone know and I agree with what you said about teh tryout stuff. This is all stuff I have thought about before when considering a rookie series so we're on the same page. I got a month or so to think it over and decide what will happen with it, though.

PS. We are also gonna be promoting this ErL National series from January to December so that will take up a little time but still planning to hopefully do a rookie series and make it a good one.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2664

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Shock and if you need any help setting this up or need some ideas just let me know as I have sometime to spare as I'm off work for a few weeks..

Re: Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2679

I like this idea. It will give some people a chance to get there "feet wet" and see what they are in for b4 they make a commitment to a league. I have a few people that I know that would be interested in this. I have tried to talk them into runnning a a league race with me but they just run of the browser b/c they said they don't want to get in anyones way.
The cleanest VLR Driver.

Re: Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2680

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
i like the idea
but at the same time , how many "rookies" do we really have in the game?

if there is enough to fill a 10 car field every week , then its worth it

thats supposing we have enough true "rookies"
just saying you are a rookie cuz you dont have a win isnt quite correct
and just saying since you dont have a win at VLR (or any other specific teams race) doesnt mean you are a rookie

if that were the case i could claim rookie status everywhere except NFR , and we all know im no rookie at this

i think to have a true rookie series we need to have an influx of people who are actually new to the game - whether that is they just got it , or they have only ran offline , or only ran browser - with no league expirience at all(or very limited)

there needs to be some sort of qualifying rules to state who can and can not run as a "rookie"

the 2 major touring series in real life - WoO and Lucas Oil
they have rules as to whom may run for rookie of the year
im not 100% on thier rules , something to the effect that they cannot have won X amount of races under either tours sanction - cannot have wins that are above a certain money value(10,000) i think - and so on

man i like to type alot , im done for now
just my 2 cents - so far
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Re: Rookie series at VLR next season? 13 years 4 months ago #2702

Just throwing an idea out, bash away if you feel the need to.

For this series since there may be a lack of drivers to participate. I think that people in a league can join the rookie series if they have permission from there league owner. B/c the league owner knows if the driver is "too good" to join the series.

Also there should be some type of monitoring that can keep the compitition fair. For instance if a driver wins the race by a sizable margin then they must start in the rear next race, or they are done with the rookie series.

This is assuming that everyone will be honest about this and not try to have a team member or themselves dominate the rookie series. But I believe that MAJORITY of us are respectable guys and would not try to ruin the series for the true rookies.

ErL_BLKJAK
The cleanest VLR Driver.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 16 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form