Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12464

well paul its a game and even though we try make them as clse as possable its not ganna be 100 % right i think u have it really darn clase and like what i seen im guessing in vid he hit a rut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12476

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Took care of the double post Paul. The track is looking awesome! Can't wait to race on it!
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12589

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
thanx for compliments guys. You probably have.. There's few circulating.... I think in the vid, Darren; he may hav been tapped from behind, but then, it looks like a real rough track. Maybe I should rough mine up; ha? In regards to looks, I still need to sort bleachers railing. Want something different to other tracks I guess. Time is not totally on my side though, apart from the age thing of course. Will do all I can today to complete it but won't promise. Now if I was up on Rhino, maybe it would be finished. At least this has peps interested in something for the game.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12590

ill tell u how it is track just as good as any out there and in my honest opion dtr2 is still the game to race on yes i have been limited playing on r factor mods tracks may have beter looks but les relistic becuse 1 u can have track change as u race and 2 u cant set track in r crap to be wet or slick unless they make them that way and 3 there 600 tracks from dtr2 i bet and many more to come this is my game here and i enjoy anytrack that made as long as ai works pretty good pluss i can use many of these on my offlines and something i enjoy racing and making thanks paul for all ur work and thanks to everyone else who contrbuted to our game srry my spelling suckes lol

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12606

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
paul that track is gonna b pretty nice but until youve made a track in rhino you havent really made a track.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12613

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
thank ya F1. The bit about u haven't made a track til...??? I tell ya'. number crunching is harder man, and that's why this and another one other track that is near dun, r gonna be the last in DE2 for this old dude. But u can't beat the feeling of accomplishing something in editing and seeing it near the real look. Look at Kokomo... Wow!!! Now u see why this track is delayed. But I do feel that we need to put more into the reralism side. I do agree Darren, but be patient, buddy... It's comin...!!!! How far is Christmas away....? Must order my presents now.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12636

lol paul 3 months and counting lol ill enjoy the track when u relase it i look foward to it BTW F1 i have a editing ? unsure if u can explain or tell me how fix i raced Sioux Valley Raceway on offline in 1 my national tours other night but instead taking the top list cars and running them in a main u know heats extra it started from bottom list exaple 60th on my list in offlines won race top 13 cars was out last 15 sim players on offline list so far only this track and 1s edited from same bas do it i tested a few made from this track my ? is anyway fix this or have no idea ? jw

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12643

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
i have no idea about offline series stuff.after i went to online racing i never looked back.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12729

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
Paul when you move to rhino your gonna b like a nigger in a watermelon patch.anytime you need or want help with rhino give me a shout and ill work with ya on it.your gonna b pumpin out track once a week.

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12753

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Sounds good F1... The bit about 1 a week?? Not with ya on that one. Right now I'm down with the flu... Not feelin too good..... Hard crunching the numbers when one feels crook. Did get one bleacher done. Looks like another week...; or so.... Sorry to all..

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12754

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
hope ya get to feelin better....i know the feelin about bein sick and tryin to work on tracks.sometimes the tracks im workin on make me sick lol

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12756

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
ur right, and so many tracks I want to build too.

Further to a posting on other thread for Darren.... Buddy..; I'm coming up 55 yrs old and counting. It's great to create something one can be proud of. Hill Valley was one of those tracks that intigued me... Might not for anyone else. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and should be improving with age...??? That's why I step out of my comfort zone to give things a go... Rhino has to be one of them as I've tried so many other things in editing for different games that I really must do this...; for me and others in this game...; for the sake of the game... One should never stop learning. It's fun to try and learn new things especially if you want something so badly. You're never too old. Don't take offence to anything said but take it on ur shoulder buddy and run with it. You will get a sense of accomplishment out of ur efforts and you will also better the DTR2 game as well as community cos as time goes by, peps want more than just a coloured up version, no offence. It should feel like ur actually there, hence the reason why I'm taking the time to get it just right... I felt bad enough that I asked Jammin to assist me by placing tyres around track so I'm vert thankful for his talents as I'm sure many others are.... I should hav learnt that by now and so I need to learn more.

I hope this may help you and any reading this post to try something new... I myself must learn to work with Rhino and do all I can....Haven't got that many years left, dammit ....!!! Editing can be hard at first, but does pay off and keeps you interested and challenged.. So few hours to do things for peps, and few editors able to do it. But hey..; we can be a team learning how if we're willing to learn as F1 says. If we don't take the time, they won't....;then we can't expect the help when we do ask for it. Yes, peps can be so fussyy Hence the reason why I'm takin my time on all tracks from here on...
We do appreciate the talents u do hav bud. regardless of anything. Give it a go.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12759

like i said in other post im done thanks for comments but im done u have have math skills and tech skill all that other crap i dont have im a dumb hillbilly im done no more editing anything for me though i may post offlines that use tracks can be used for anyone wants them but i may not iv been racing mods in r factor racing there seems be beter than helping here as of late its my opion and like i said do what u want with this game but im no longer doing anything to help it srry

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12763

DONT QUIT NOW HOOVER U DO GOOD WORK

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12780

Bubba wrote:

DONT QUIT NOW HOOVER U DO GOOD WORK

thanks im ganna post some offline stuff either on here or at another site and leave links im done with track editing

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12781

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Bubba's right Darren, don't quit.... I think ur a really nice guy and many more would say the same as me... It's great to hav ya around. You do great texture work too, so u are valuable to all in DTR2. What I was saying was if you want something so badly, and for it to look and feel right, to appear in the game without critism especially that which can come an editors way..., then u r forced to do all you can to get the know how to acheive the best result from ur efforts. I'm no mathemetician, only average. As far as editing goes in De2, you do require some knowlege with numbers. In Rhino...; u don't. U just need to follow a precedure for converting a page of numbers to turn into a visual object and simply move any object u want around to suit. Check out my old post about Rhino editing. That's why I need to learn the conversion process, but once mastered... as F1 says, I will never look back and maybe peps will luv my work more. I don't look for self gratification, and I know u don't. U simply want to fill that hole in the track inventory where no one has bothered to make a track for that region. Hence Hill Valley... But so many others (Not Hill Valley) hav been made by past editors based on mostly Chico's, Huset's etc, and they don't look any different..., so now it's even more important to put out something that's different for...; a change...; that is worthwhile and worth doing. Myself..; I really want a beach type track similar to Oceanside.... Hill Valley is a country track that doesn't make the big time, I know. It's just different and cute. I could hav hoodwinked all, by retexturing a Manzanita track and put it up for DL, but not these days.... I was critisied big time by a Kiwi about one of my kiwi tarcks... Quote have U been there, man..??!! U know what I'm sayin???.

To keep the game going, we need to come together, to help one another in furthering knowlege with editing DTR2 and be ambitious with it... The game depends on us all to keep it alive, just like the guys that race Online.... Like the editing, without Online racin we might as well close up shop. I know U can help somewhere; somehow..;and I'm sorry I didn't send u anything of my track to do Darren. If I learn Rhino, and U can't edit objects by then.., then I will be here to help U with a base edit from time to time. It takes a lot of effort to create something close to real...

The comment on Rfactor..? My question to U or anyone else; is...; can U be happy editing in that game, and how much effort does it take, plus how many peps do U hav to ask before U can hav permission to use their edit as a base....? U R in the right place Darren and yes,....DTR2 ROCKS.....!!!!!!!. I wouldn't edit any other game... I'm too old to be taught new tricks, anyhow..., but I will learn one more...; Rhino., to save me time and effort. Just think about it, aye....; please....?

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #12782

paul never said i was ganna edit on thre im racing on there hit miss racing with old friends whom raced with me back in days i created dtrs iv done my share im just not in mood to do it anymore im ganna edit in places they dont like to go OFFLINE SERIES files for few of us to enjoy that do run offline im just not going back in to public track editing they post tracks ill say my opions thats as far as im going

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #13030

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
I understand Darren.

Okay, well...; no more updates..!!! It's finally ready and it's here for you all to DL in Paul's Tracks. The pics don't show the improved terrains which were a last minute thing to fix. I hope I';ve done it justice for the little Hill Valley community. Must visit one day when I can afford the airfare. The inner grass on bends should have beem taken back even further but what the heck. I now need a life so enjoy my creation please.

Any comments are very welcome.

PS - Shock...; still can't upload a pic from my PC to the DL's section. Also..; if it's possible for those track editors that are left..; could it be possible for you to put a seperate window up for the Track DL's on front page, rather than mingle them with Vid replays and skins...? Just a thought as peps don't get to see the latest tracks we have on offer unless they search for them.

I have also the latest pics from Hill Valley PA.... See what you think. Pick one Shock for me please and put it in with the track DL if you could. Much appreciated.

And finally, a big thanks to Jammin for his input with the tyres. It has really made this track come alive.

WARNING !!!!! Do not attempt to cross inside of these tyres )although they are Alpha based), you will get black FLAGGED!!!

Enjoy
Attachments:

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #13137

• Mitch
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
  • Thank you received: 0
I live about 20-30 minutes from Hill Valley and was wondering if there was anyway this could be converted over to rFactor.. I've been to Hill Valley many times and my uncle has even ran his late model there a few times.. the track itself looks awesome.

Re: Hill Valley new track 12 years 8 months ago #13173

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Well thankyou Mitch for your approval of my track. It means a lot to hear someone that has been there say that about it. There I was; thinking no one was interested in it; apart from those who have already DL or have commented and said how they like it. I was about to retire from editing,to tell you the truth.... Maybe I need to pick a popular track next time...; but Hill Valley I found intriguing..; something different for this game.

Rfactor...? Well..; I don't mod that game.... Not sure if it is possible, as the game files in DTR2 differ greatly from theirs. Unless Rhino can convert it to a format same as Rfactor's; it would be near impossible to acheive the same looking track.

But thanks again. Very much appreciated.

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 31 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form