Saturday, April 27, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62828

I have noticed the cars, of no matter what kind they are, are 4wd. I ran an offline race and I noticed my front wheels were spinning when I was trying to turn around from that air pocket in turn 2. The reason why this game might be popular is because the fans of nascar decided to get the game and found out the cars were not staying "Slideways" and thought the game was 10/10. However, rFactor is quadrillions of times as popular as this game. Anyway, back to the 4wd saying, I'm pretty sure they made it like that to, I don't know, attract youngsters that are interested in dirt racing? (Had this game for 4 years; Had this since I was 9; Yes I'm one of them young guns) If rFactor 2 starts to have 1 single dirt mod, everyone in the dirt sim community, that has rFactor 1, will abandon rFactor 1 and start creating more dirt mods from there, DWD including. (DirtWorks Designs)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62830

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 124
Please tell me where all these people are running Rfactor are at, because I have yet to see them. I racing is where everyone is at or Black opps. It took you 4 years to figure out these are 4wd why do you think they race so well. Rfactor is shitty racing, poor chassis design based on left front picking up, only upside graphics. it's funny that my car stays sidways through the corner and yet I can still save my speed, so it looks like it's a driver problem................... :ohmy:

Last edit: by Brian.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62832

u from nascar? Staying sideways through the corner is dirt racing. And you say that's a problem?

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62833

Anyone who has ever raced any form of dirt oval knows that the more sideways you are the more speed your losing. Some sideways action, of course and some tracks more then others. But the rfactor completely sideways and nothing lost is a little much for me. I've always thought DTR2 was a better representation.
Total Races: 18 (Started online 11-22-14)

A Main Wins: 1
Top 3: 6
Heat Wins: 2
# of RC Cola's while during racing: 2
# of times my shoes fell off during an A Main: 1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian, VLR_KingGinger

Last edit: by GiantRobot75.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62836

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Hudson O'Neal (Don O'Neal's son) said his dad prefers DTR2 over rFactor...

nuff said
Team VLR - Racing since 2004
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62837

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296

VLR_Shock wrote: Hudson O'Neal (Don O'Neal's son) said his dad prefers DTR2 over rFactor...

nuff said

Speaking of which, Where be the O'Neal lad? Yes its great and all that his dad prefers this game to the other one, but it is the off season and since they aren't racing right now, they're more than welcome to show up and race with us.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62839

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 124

Patriot-76P wrote: u from nascar? Staying sideways through the corner is dirt racing. And you say that's a problem?

You need to reread what I put, I said it's funny that my car stays sidways through the corner and yet I can still save my speed.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62855

B2 wrote:

Patriot-76P wrote: u from nascar? Staying sideways through the corner is dirt racing. And you say that's a problem?

You need to reread what I put, I said it's funny that my car stays sidways through the corner and yet I can still save my speed.

Ok sorry I was tired when I read that. My vision said to me, " Going sideways is a problem." I'm not saying that it is now.

Speaking of dirt racing games, is there any news on how the game development is going or am I not allowed to know?

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62856

VLR_Shock wrote: Hudson O'Neal (Don O'Neal's son) said his dad prefers DTR2 over rFactor...

nuff said

Fun fact: That's his opinion.

My opinion is that BOTH games are the most fun. The game in development now could be a tie-breaker, depending on how popular it will be in the future once it's released (unless this thread is a lie).

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62861

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah, but when the Lucas Oil Late Model Series Champion from this year says rFactor dirt mods are "too hard to get used to", it sure makes the whole "rFactor is just like real life dirt racing" argument lose some validity. In theory, if it was so realistic, he should be able to pick right up in cockpit view using his wheel and be halfway decent.

And J-Mac, he only races when I call him, and I always forget to call him. He likes DTR2 but never knows when the races are and I would always call him at the last second and he'd still come in and do alright usualyl. I need to get in touch with him again

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62862

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
And maybe get the schedule page updated so those coming in actually know when races are.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock, Eric41, VLR_KingGinger

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62866

Agreed. We need that schedule page updated daily with results, future races, ect.
The high-side hustling Ginger!

#TeamICE forever!

#2FASTMOTORSPORTS

Wins - 75***

Championships - 8

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62905

VLR_Shock wrote: Yeah, but when the Lucas Oil Late Model Series Champion from this year says rFactor dirt mods are "too hard to get used to", it sure makes the whole "rFactor is just like real life dirt racing" argument lose some validity. In theory, if it was so realistic, he should be able to pick right up in cockpit view using his wheel and be halfway decent.

And J-Mac, he only races when I call him, and I always forget to call him. He likes DTR2 but never knows when the races are and I would always call him at the last second and he'd still come in and do alright usualyl. I need to get in touch with him again

EDIT: DAMN POP-UPS!
Anyway, I see your point but here's the catch, I'm not into late model racing. Every open-wheel mod I have in rFactor, I can race in cockpit view, like those DWD Modifieds out there, I won a heat in those things and finished on the top 5 in the feature! Also, they weren't AT ALL hard to drive. I'm USED to those now, and how old am I-13! DirtWorks Designs makes the game as if it's a dirt racing game. They make them realistic as possible. Of course, I can't really drive their Late Models but I don't care because that's not what I'm into. Now they are currently working on the Big Block Mods and the 2015 Stock Cars (with the 50's lates in the mod) and if I ever win a feature in any of those mods, I proved you wrong (I was afraid to say (or type) that). Dirt Track Racing 2, dude, it's 4-wheel drive racing on them. Plus a few of those mods that should be leaning while in the corners don't lean. DWD's, and other mod creators, rFactor mods DO lean. If you are making your mods lean, chances are, you are just making the whole body of the car tilt a little bit and adding the chassis and everything on it while in development. It's not 2002 anymore; It's almost 2015. I compared pictures of real life racing to rFactor to DTR2. For example, a 3-wheeling UMP Modified, on the rFactor picture, the same thing, in DTR2, I saw nothing; THIS IS NO LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus if you are judging the game by YOUR OWN Late Models, open your eyes. They are flat, 4-wheel drive, no wedge, no realism (no wonder why you quit rFactor in a snap). Dirt Motorsport 15 Late Models from rFactor has RWD, Lifted left rear suspension (sometimes it drives people crazy), and there is even a wedge setting in the garage, plus they even have historical lates in that mod. Same goes for those DWD Modifieds except they have a diversity of different types of suspension to choose from. If it weren't for DWD, I would have my nightmare come true: Being in your guys' racing league. Plus, don't judge a game by only late models, there's like 100 dirt mods out there.

Last edit: by Patriot-76P. Reason: I say rFactor over DTR2 in a variety of reasons.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62906

• Eric41
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm the best
  • Thank you received: 64
Lets be honest... The rfactor late models are junk. The only reason I have not came back to DTR2 yet is because of the open wheel cars. They are just like real life. The sprint cars, midgets, and micros.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62907

I didn't understand any of that. What I do know, is that whether you are racing an outhouse with wheels or the starship Enterprise, a good race is a good race. DTR2 tends to make for some good close racing. I'd rather watch a good , tight , lawn mower race than a $3,000,000,000 Formula I race.

The only one on DTR2 that has mastered everything, and could possibly be bored is Wheel. I invite anyone to come to a VLR League race and show us up.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Col. Sanders
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock, BMS, VLR_KingGinger

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62908

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
hey patriot
if you dont like dtr2 why the fuck are you here?

quit coming here runnin your mouth about what you dont like

if you keep doin it i will start to delete your posts
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock, BMS

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62911

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Nobody is saying DTR2 is a realistic dirt game. It isn't, and it isn't supposed to be. It's supposed to be a fun competitive game to race against your friends without a lot of stress. Competition is real, and the competition and racing in DTR2 has always been much better than rfactor in my opinion. If I wanted to play a game that LOOKED like real life, then I'd play rFactor. If I wanted to play a game that raced great and produced more exciting racing, I'd race DTR2. I race DTR2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BMS, VLR_KingGinger

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62914

Patriot I would love to see you come here and beat any of us here at DTR2. I've seen videos of rFactor and heard from people that it's just one line racing. That's no fun. 2 lane raxing, which is at DTR2, is fun.
The high-side hustling Ginger!

#TeamICE forever!

#2FASTMOTORSPORTS

Wins - 75***

Championships - 8

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62915

• Gei$ler
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 221
I'd really like to see a new PC dirt racing game, because DTR2 is just too old...
The following user(s) said Thank You: WFO Rainman

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62916

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Geisler, go make your NCAA picks plzzz

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 150 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form