Sunday, May 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

dtr.exe has stopped working 9 years 10 months ago #59751

Hey all,

Used to play DTR1 a ton back in the day (like 15 years ago "back in the day") and am trying to reinstall it on a laptop running vista. After the game installs and asks to launch, everything works flawlessly. After I exit the game and then subsequently try to restart it, I get the "dtr.exe stopped working error". I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with the same result. No mod folders or anything have been added (yet) and I ensured the entire Ratbag file was deleted after the uninstall process. Anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this? I searched the forum but wasn't able to find anything specific to help.

Thanks,
~Hammy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

dtr.exe has stopped working 9 years 10 months ago #59755

• Goldfish
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Ohio Overseer
  • Thank you received: 76
Try running in compatibility mode. Windows XP Service Pack 3 works for most things.
Straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers.

dtr.exe has stopped working 9 years 9 months ago #59907

Figured out my problem was more of a Vista issue than a compatibility issue. Thought I'd post my findings in the event someone else wonders onto the same issue and searches the forums. In a nutshell, Vista doesn't recognize me as an admin (even though it's MY computer). Thus, it was placing restrictions on anything going to Program Files. I discovered I could right click the DTR icon, go to compatibility, and set it to "run as administrator". This made the game run fine...but, with the default path to the Program Files/Ratbag, it would not run the patches, wouldn't let me extract mods, etc. So I uninstalled (yet again) and reinstalled to the c: drive under the games folder. Apparently this location has fewer security guards running around :). No problems after doing that.

PS - Thanks to the DTR2 download from this site for helping me with the idea (it installed to the "games" folder).

dtr.exe has stopped working 9 years 1 month ago #65886

• sgbrains2254
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hello i got this game a while back ago played it once or twice and ever since it wont work it just says DTR2.EXE error and stops the program im on windows 8.1 i tried to re install it restore before i gad the game i just dont know what to do i also tried the windows compatibility mode and still nothing please someone help

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 63 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form