Sunday, May 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Server Killing within DTR2 11 years 11 months ago #32273

Im not sure who or why it is happening but there must be a way that we can help dtr2 drivers if they are having dtr2 file issues and help them from killing the servers. I know how frustrated this must be resetting them all the time. We are a group of guys who can make tracks and web sites and other great things for this game we must surely know how to help out the ones killing the servers. any thoughts that are possitive on this guys? This is the only way I know how to help and that is to educate the ones doing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Server Killing within DTR2 11 years 11 months ago #32274

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
im not sure about people killing servers but it could have something to do with jumping into a browser with an addon track or chassis loaded.What i do before entering a browser server is instead of clicking on browser i go to new game and load a default car and track then go into the browser server so that the server is not trying to sort out who has the proper addon tracks and chassis and it will only look through the data.pf file.If any of that made sense lol.....PS Glad to see ya back around Welldriller!
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: Server Killing within DTR2 11 years 11 months ago #32275

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
I think it's almost always caused by having too many tracks in the game. When I get a certain amount of tracks in the game it will disconnect me from the server if I'm the first one in and the server dies. Then I take out a few tracks and go back in alone and it works fine. I don't know why this person(s) don't get the point after EVERY SINGLE SERVER they go into crashes!!!
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Server Killing within DTR2 11 years 11 months ago #32276

• Gei$ler
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 221
I used to crash all those servers when i had 110 tracks in my game :sick:

But on a side note, I think my Browser is smoked, most of the time it only lists one server at a time. And when i click new game, it disconnects me too.

EDIT: there are 95 tracks in my game now is that too many? lol

Last edit: by Gei$ler.

Re: Server Killing within DTR2 11 years 11 months ago #32277

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
What I did....

made a New folder on desktop and named it "DTR2 ADDONS"

I then made a "New Folder" for each chassis
then a "New Folder" for each chassis skin
another "New Folder" for all the tracks
PUT THESE INSIDE YOUR ADDONS FOLDER (to keep it organized)

example: "Gen 5 Cars" folder has all my G5 chassis, "Gen 5 Skins" has all my Gen 5 skins, "BLS Sprints Cars" folder has the chassis, "BLS Sprints Skins" folder has all the skins and so on....
Name your tracks folder "DTR2 Tracks" and put all your tracks in there. You can pull the one you need out, then put it back when your done.

Do this for ALL cars, skins, and tracks

Doing this keeps your game in DEFAULT (cars, track chassis,skins) when all the ADDONS are out

Now I can go to my ADDONS folder, grad the cars, skins and track I need for a league race and that's all I will have so the server only has to read those files. Takes a While but it's worth it for the game to load faster and be easy on the servers. When you move your skins and cars to the game, right click and highlight all your cars/skins then drag them into the game, reverse that maneuver to pull them out!!!

Hope this helps some people!!!
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Last edit: by BLS v6!.

Re: Server Killing within DTR2 11 years 11 months ago #32278

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
I have over 200 tracks in my game and the only time i get kicked is if someone doesnt have the correct chassis or track loaded but i dont think ive ever crashed a server because i try to have the correct stuff loaded already during league races but when i do go into the browser i make sure i have default stuff loaded and not addons.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: Server Killing within DTR2 11 years 11 months ago #32280

• squirrel
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 38
think it was rocket kid yesterday that killed em all ,I know he was trying to run !! anyhow i got on teamview & fixed some things in his game ,like took alot of chassis & tracks out & put in new folder on his desktop & explained only put in game what you need ,like jason said!!! he had things also put in wrong locations. hopefully that takes care of it !! but I'm sure he isnt the only one thats causing it ,but would put money on it ,that it was him yesterday!!

Re: Server Killing within DTR2 11 years 11 months ago #32315

ODD FUTURE WOLF GANG

Re: Server Killing within DTR2 11 years 11 months ago #32317

• Papich91p
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Young gun
  • Thank you received: 35
it is a guy named ethan in browser he has every track in vlr
The Young Gun

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 48 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form