Sunday, May 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25598

i have been looking into buying my own wheel or controller to start racing online more but i dont know what would work better for me i am used to driving a SUPR Late need help if some one would give me to pros and cons of each like what would produce a faster lap time of the two?
if you aint cant beat them then get a faster car or quit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25602

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Either/or will work really. I never got used to a wheel on dtr2, but didn't try for very long. Xbox 360 wired controller is the best controller I've ever used in dtr2.

Pro's for controller's over wheel's is that controllers seem better for tracks that require a lot of lifting and turning, and shorter tracks that you have to let off a lot at. Wheel's are generally a little better at tracks with long straightaways and wide open corners, but if you're smooth on a controller you can keep up just fine and win at all types of tracks.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25607

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
Yeah your gonna find people that swear by either the wheel or controller. I cant drive with a conrtoller and have always used a wheel. So i really cant tell you any of the pros or cons of a controller just that i like the way a wheel handles
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25608

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Keyboarders Unite!! :woohoo:
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25610

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Top 12 in VLR points:

1. Controller
2. Controller
3. Wheel
4. Wheel
5. Controller
6. Wheel
7. Wheel
8. Controller
9. Wheel
10. Controller
11. Controller
12. Wheel

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25612

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite

VLR_Shock wrote: Top 12 in VLR points:

1. Controller
2. Controller
3. Wheel
4. Wheel
5. Controller
6. Wheel
7. Wheel
8. Controller
9. Wheel
10. Controller
11. Controller
12. Wheel

18. Keyboard

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25640

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
This is an easy one!!! If your looking for "realism", would you "fly" a race car? If you plan on running on the camera boom on the back bumper (chase view) then I would reccomend "flying" your racecar (controller). If your looking for the "most" out of this game, and you want it to be more "realistic", then buy a Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel (what I use) at www.amazon.com If your looking for this to "just be game" then I would use ANYTHING, hell a stick of butter might work! From hearing the feeback from the Logitech G27, it is really good for asphalt racing (Nascar) but I hear it has a "dead spot" in it, which is not to good for dirt because you need all you can get on dirt! Bad thing about the MOMO is, it is made from ALOT of plastic parts on the inside of the wheel which end up breaking (I am on my 3rd one, BUT I have added metal parts to fix it, and now it is better than ever!!!. The pedals are also made of plastic, and the corners tend to break on the gas pedal. However The G27 is made of mostly metal parts and has different gears inside. The good thing about a wheel is, that you can run in-car view which MAKES you hold your lines, brings racing sideXside realistic and INTENSE. IMO there is no disadvantage or advantage to runnin a wheel Vs. controller. I have NEVER used a controller nor did I think ANYONE would on a RACING GAME, but I also NEVER imagined watching my car race itself. Running In-Car with a Wheel gives the best experience you can get without spending thousands of dollars to buy a real one.

THE MORAL BEING: It doesn't really matter what you use to race with as long as you have fun!!!! VLR_Wheel, BLS_BW , I and others use a wheel and run In-Car, VLR_Shock and others use chase view on a controller, WFO_11 uses a wheel and runs chase view, We all win, some more than others X( lol, but we all have our favs. BW, Wheel, I some others I am sure, run In-car with a wheel, to get the MOST REALISTIC EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE. We ALL have driven real race cars and know the intencity and guesswork it takes to complete a pass or win a race. So if this is "just a game" to you,then don't spend too much money buying a wheel. If you want to "feel" what it's like to be in a race car running side by side for 25 laps then take the lead and win like they do on Saturday nights at your local track, then BUY A WHEEL and RUN IN-CAR
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25641

BLS v6! wrote: This is an easy one!!! If your looking for "realism", would you "fly" a race car? If you plan on running on the camera boom on the back bumper (chase view) then I would reccomend "flying" your racecar (controller). If your looking for the "most" out of this game, and you want it to be more "realistic", then buy a Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel (what I use) at www.amazon.com If your looking for this to "just be game" then I would use ANYTHING, hell a stick of butter might work!............... and another paragraph :)

JSN is very passionate about the wheet and in car! Lol I'm with JSN though. Spend within your means and whatever you buy wheel or controller, take the time to get used to it. You can win with either. You dont want to spend a ton of money and then give up on it. Whatever you choose, there are a bunch of people in DTR2 that will help get you dialed in. Pick one and stick with it til you get it right. You'll be slow and out of control for a bit, just put in the time and get laps til you get it down.
" Turnin' and Learnin' "
The following user(s) said Thank You: Icefighter

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25652

• JFR_Jim
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 104
Jsn is all for a reallistic experience on dtr2 :) , but his favorite tracks are huge :sick: , mile long :sick: , draft tracks :sick: that don't exist.
JFR

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25656

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
Maybe not in Alaska!!! I guess eldora is a non existing 1/2 mile track, or the 1 mile Indiana State Fairgounds and Illinois State Fairgrounds don't exist either. Also New York State Fairgrounds has a famed 1 mile dirt track, hell even Terre Haute is HUGE. So before you start stating there are NO 1 mile Tracks and no draft tracks, do your research. I have drafted (bump and air) around Kokomo (real one) in a street stock. Draft meaning, that the air was moved and I was able to pull up and slingshot by. SO ya I am for the realistic experience, considdering this is as real as your gonna get from a game. We could all be sitting around with a joystick running chase view, like Mario Brothers, but technology has given us the tools to be able to enjoy the experience realisticly without spending thousands and getting hurt to do it!!!
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: J-MAC

Last edit: by BLS v6!.

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25658

• JFR_Jim
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 104
Looks like Jason's on his bipolar high (WEED TIME). lol w/e Jsn.
JFR

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25661

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite

BLS v6! wrote: Also New York State Fairgrounds has a famed 1 mile dirt track

Thank you! :) 41 years of racing a Mile long Dirt track this October.

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25663

• BLS_34
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 27
I don't know who this controller guy is but he can't be better then Wheel(BLS_18)

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25664

Are the controllers and wheels the key to being fast? Besides set-ups and knowing how to run obviously. I still use a keyboard, and I can't get anywhere near these 13 sec. etc. lap times. I use multiple set-ups I have downloaded and know they are fast. Any help? Thanks for reading!

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25667

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

BLS_34 wrote: I don't know who this controller guy is but he can't be better then Wheel(BLS_18)

Wheel's behind 2 controllers in points

Re: controller over wheel 12 years 1 month ago #25717

thanks guys i drive a real late modal my self so im looking for realism so go with the wheel?
if you aint cant beat them then get a faster car or quit

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 165 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form