Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25488

• SRF_Dirt!
  • SRF_Dirt!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 54
well this is what ventrillo says
The HOSTNAME for the selected server could not be resolved to an IP address. The hostname was either entered incorrectly or the DNS servers for the specified domain might be offline.

i googled how to fix it ... i think its my settings on my router... but idk what do to i do have teamviewer so if your a pretty hardcore nerd plz help refering to "shock". i tried flushing my dns ... it told me to contact microsoft support services,, i have windows xp for my main computer, i typed ipconfig/flush dns and it told to contact microsoft support services... if you have there number i tried finding it on google i think you have to pay for that shit .. it also said unable to query host names ... i also tried using 8.8.8.8 for the dns server.. dam thing didnt work still i followed google chromes directions to correct it and told me to deselct this and that or select it or that and it didnt help me. your dtr2 buddie in need of serious help..

SRF_Dirt!
liftins for pussies, dont let no one tell you otherwise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25497

• Gei$ler
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 221

SRF_Dirt! wrote: well this is what ventrillo says
The HOSTNAME for the selected server could not be resolved to an IP address. The hostname was either entered incorrectly or the DNS servers for the specified domain might be offline.

i googled how to fix it ... i think its my settings on my router... but idk what do to i do have teamviewer so if your a pretty hardcore nerd plz help refering to "shock". i tried flushing my dns ... it told me to contact microsoft support services,, i have windows xp for my main computer, i typed ipconfig/flush dns and it told to contact microsoft support services... if you have there number i tried finding it on google i think you have to pay for that shit .. it also said unable to query host names ... i also tried using 8.8.8.8 for the dns server.. dam thing didnt work still i followed google chromes directions to correct it and told me to deselct this and that or select it or that and it didnt help me. your dtr2 buddie in need of serious help..

SRF_Dirt!

That sucks for you, the guy with the best internet in the game :blink:

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25499

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296

SRF_Dirt! wrote: The hostname was either entered incorrectly

I'd bet more on this part being the problem....
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25501

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46
lmao giesler.....Dirt,you douche...when in doubt,START OVER!...Why dont you just uninstall ventrillo,get rid of all files in your programs files associated with vent,then do a clean install.Should fix any problems your having.

Then again Dirt I'm thinking that you may more than likely have a dead short between your chair and your monitor. Not sure of a fix for this though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gei$ler

Last edit: by Lazy3.

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25503

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
If it's just a Ventrilo problem then restart the computer and also turn off your router for 10 seconds and back. This happens a lot in vent if you lose internet for a few minutes.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lazy3

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25505

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
In my 13 years of public school, 2 things I remember most are these 2 acronyms. KISS and RTFM.

KISS= Keep It Simple Stupid

RTFM= Read The F-in Manual

I'd go with the first one before trying to find a manual. Check all the simple things you coulda (most likely) screwed up then if it still doesn't work, start over. Ain't like you can't find vent info on the site.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25508

• SRF_Dirt!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
its not just ventrillo guys its something about my dns server.. i cant go on the internet or connect to anything on my windows xp desktop ....

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25512

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46
That sucks ....sure cant race like that.

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25538

• SRF_Dirt!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
well atleast this isnt gonna cost me or my mom or dad any money ... mom has a maintance guy at her work... pretty much genius when it comes to a computer... down side... hes JUST GOING ON VACATION FML FML FML!!!! dam this sucks, i was really looking forward to catching kev for third place in the midnight madness series... maybe next season if bw doesnt race i could take home a championship and 3 or 4 wins

Last edit: by SRF_Dirt!.

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25575

ERL_J-MAC wrote: In my 13 years of public school, 2 things I remember most are these 2 acronyms. KISS and RTFM.

KISS= Keep It Simple Stupid

RTFM= Read The F-in Manual

I'd go with the first one before trying to find a manual. Check all the simple things you coulda (most likely) screwed up then if it still doesn't work, start over. Ain't like you can't find vent info on the site.

I think jmac is right check all the simple stuff when i couldnt talk on vent a few mounts back it was because i had mute checked at the bottem of the screen and didnt even notice
rubins racein

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25592

• SRF_Dirt!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
i have no internet... when i look at the properties of my local internet connection .. no packets have been sent or recieved tho it says my mbps is 100 and im connected, this is nothing simple tnjon ive tried doing all the crap google chrome told me to do, i went on internet explorer and firefox same problem, ive changed the dns ip on my local internet connection and ive done ipconfig/flush dns in the commpt prompt and other crap.... still trying to figure it out, i couldnt successfly do the ipconfig/flush then told me the request was not supported, contact microsoft support services.. which it looked like id have to pay for help.. so im just gonna contact microsoft in general

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25593

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Call your internet company. How are you able to post right now? phone?

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25594

• SRF_Dirt!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
its my desktop internet setttings shock... my router is working great and i havce connection with my mom and dads lap tops and they have no problem..

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25595

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Try doing a system restore to a couple days before the problems strated

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25596

• SRF_Dirt!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
i tried doing 3 days and when my mom shut my cpu off since i wasnt on it i think i was fixing windows vulribility and getting the lastest stuff xp on advanced system care 5 and i started it back up after mom shut it off. ive had problems since but that was a day ago.. and i restored it to it told me i had to reregister with microsoft and shit ... type in a 100 digit code and call some chinco in chinatown and get some code from her.. could this be the reason why nothing works.. ?? did registering my computer have anything to do with me getting no internet?

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25605

• SRF_Dirt!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
and i see that microsoft has ended free support quite awhile ago for windows xp.. fking bastards

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25645

• SRF_Dirt!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
i ran advanced system cure 5 diagnostics and this is what the report said shock

the network location awareness (NLA) service depends on the tcp/ip protocol driver service which fail to start because of the following error: the dependecy service or group fail to start

the tcp/ip protocol driver service depends on the ipsec driver service which failed to start because of the following error: The system cannot find the file specified

the ipsec driver service failed to start due to the following error: the system cannot find the file specified

also shock i went to this website and the same problem was there in the forums... but when i did

ipconfig/release it said that the request is not supported, please contact microsoft product support services for further help... yet they dont provide any free support what so ever it also said Additional information: unable to query host name.

then i tried typing netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt into command prompt and it said unable to open the file for append ....

heres the forum i used www.askmarvin.ca/forums/index.php?showtopic=8743

im currently trying to see if typing sfc/scannow into the command prompt helps me ..

Re: dns server and shit all fk'd up on my computers... i need some help BAD 12 years 1 month ago #25648

• SRF_Dirt!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
well when i did sfc scannow it told me i needed the windows xp home edition cd rom... havent seen it for years

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 35 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form