Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #375

• JFR*A2D
  • JFR*A2D's Avatar Topic Author
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • TeamJFR.com
  • Thank you received: 6
Just wanted to get others people's opinions on this, But has anyone else noticed that dtr2 is not even a hair of a fraction of what it used to be? I mean come on whats a league race with 8-10 Cars? I love this game and would really like to see guys filling up servers right and left and there being 30 to 35 cars a league race like the good ole days. IMO something needs to be done about getting better car counts cuz the way things are now it wont be long before dtr2 is just gunna be an after thought. Lets see them 2 B-mains a night guys, Sorry if you think that this was just a waste of time but i thought something at least needs to be addressed.
TeamJFR.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #376

• VLR_Faschek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:P Yeah I agree...I play Df just because of DTR2 failing..Sounds to me like whats left are going to heat? Just because of some people getting caught cheating? I find that a little funny but whatever, what do I know..I better hush before my yahoo gets blowed up with blah blah blah msgs. Have a nice day!! :cheer:

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #377

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
WFO A2D wrote:

Just wanted to get others people's opinions on this, But has anyone else noticed that dtr2 is not even a hair of a fraction of what it used to be? I mean come on whats a league race with 8-10 Cars? I love this game and would really like to see guys filling up servers right and left and there being 30 to 35 cars a league race like the good ole days. IMO something needs to be done about getting better car counts cuz the way things are now it wont be long before dtr2 is just gunna be an after thought. Lets see them 2 B-mains a night guys, Sorry if you think that this was just a waste of time but i thought something at least needs to be addressed.

Sorta, but the car counts go down every summer seems like so it's kinda something you expect. And our car counts were the highest they've ever been by far this past season. I'm sure WFO will be getting 20+ cars a week again when they start back up, too. I couldn't believe when last season we got 35 cars at the first race and had to run a C Main that was incredible, and it was even better that it was the first race of the yr cause it automatically put a lot of people in the running for points. I don't expect nearly that many cars for this summer season but hopefully around 20 or so a week would be nice.

When winter gets back and racing season ends you'll see more pop up again. Don't worry about dtr2, it's been here for 8 years now and this kinda stuff pops up every one it seems like.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #378

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
my two cents , if its worth that much ??

to me its just the normal flow of things , ya the game isnt what it once was(years ago) when there hundreds upon hundreds of drivers , and so many teams it was to hard keep them straight , but ...

now there are only a handful of teams , so yes it is a slow time , but thats what we have to work with

also , it is real racing season , some guys have their own cars , we all know you cant just race and park and race the next weekend , it takes time to maintain a competitive race car , and others like myself are race chasers , i travel all over every weekend , ive already been to 19 races year(as of last night) by monday , weather permitting , that number will be 21

i also think its up to us who do enjoy the game , and play regularly to try and get some others involved in it , we need to tell people to get copies on amazon.com , its pretty cheap

if/when new drivers show up , we cant just crap on them like we tend to do cuz they cant drive and are in our way , we need to remember we were all there once , im impressed witht the fact that since i came back in the fall of last year , there has been a few new people to the game

as long as we keep doin what we are doin , i think it will stay pretty good , we just need to take an active aproach , like what VLR has done with this website , making it a new place for all things dtr2

im not trying to catch any shit for my next comments , just my opinions

glh died, couple of the guys saying they are coming back , i wont hold my breathe

xrt is all but dead

who knows what is goin on with doit

bls is seemingly moving toward nascrap heat

the startup leagues dont seem to care who's toes they step on with schedule times (this affects car counts)

leagues that arent affiliated with teams , not sure that i exactly like this idea , i do race some of them tho

super power teams , teams with a ton of members , not a huge fan , i think this is what forces the startup series

if teams would limit their members , we wouldnt need stautup series , each team could have its own race

and absolutely no offense here , i like the guy and like to race with him , but somebody has to beat VLR_18 lol

im done rambling for now lol
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Last edit: by DeadBolt.

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #380

• JFR*A2D
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • TeamJFR.com
I agree totally, It all just got me thinking after last night at the BLS race when only 10 cars showed up thats like the biggest league race out right now and its getting just enough for an a main i hope it does pick up, I love competition and this 10 cars a week just makes me wanna go try new games and all that and eventually will drive me away from dtr2 cuz the lack competition we are seeing now days.
TeamJFR.com

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #381

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah but that's a big reason why we are most likely switching to Sunday's this season...a lot of dirt tracks around run on Friday nights now and that is when BLS car counts started going down, and also after they took that week off. I wouldn't worry about it too much...I think when WFO starts up Monday it will be pretty close to normal and we are starting up in 2 weeks too.

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #382

• JFR*A2D
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • TeamJFR.com
Yeah true that, Sorry where im from we only run saturday nights hardly ever run on friday night, Lol. But yeah i agree with only the big teams running 1 league race night get rid of these little leagues that just run up time, If say vlr or wfo or somebody like that would run wednesday night id cancel my league just so i can race there league race and race with 25+ cars a night.
TeamJFR.com

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #383

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah I thought about doing Wednesday, too, but there are a couple leagues on that night (u and XSR) so we'll probably go with Sunday this season and if that goes good may keep it or just go back to Friday's this winter when racing season is off...and around here they recently started doing the Friday thing a few years ago I guess to get more cars due to all the tracks that ran on Saturday.

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #384

• JFR*A2D
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • TeamJFR.com
Yeah that xsr league is a lil ridiculous running 4 nights a week but whatever thats his deal. I would rather see one league race a night with a ton of competition then 3 a night with only a fraction of the competition, JMO.

Would be pretty awesome if they ran friday nights here but i dont see that happening anytime soon with the way the economy is.
TeamJFR.com

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #385

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah I agree about that...I think XSR is only running 2 nights next season, though. But I agree with u on the 1 race a night...Two is still cool esp if you really hate one track or something you can run the other or if one league is too late but whatever...it is hard to find a good time slot, though. I think Sundays will be best and we will start at 8 and try to get everything done before XSR their season will be nearly finished when we start anyway

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #386

• JFR*A2D
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • TeamJFR.com
Yeah i seen that. With that series ending it will open up alot of time for leagues to run and other leagues to start up.
TeamJFR.com

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #387

• VLRJsn!
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well that sux!!! I run on Saturdays here and my home track runs on Sundays, which I have commadeered a ride for most of the season! So I guess, have fun and good luck in the new series! :(

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #388

• JFR*A2D
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • TeamJFR.com
Yeah that sucks Jsn, But you cant please everyone, Like i said if it works better for shock they can have my spot wednesday nights.
TeamJFR.com

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #390

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah I know that's why It's really hard to decide what to do. I know Jason and Deadbolt can't make it Sunday, and JW couldn't make it Wednesday...so I'm really not sure. We are going to run a Crate series as well (Possibly on Friday?) with the same tracks as the Gen 3 series and format, etc...it will be kinda like the Nationwide series is to the Cup Series...So I'm hoping it will balance out if we do choose Sundays...would you feel ok about that Jason? A2D is so right, though, someone gets the bad end of the deal on this but it's hard to make everyone happy

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #391

• JFR*A2D
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • TeamJFR.com
Run the crates wednesdays nights. I like the idea wheel was telling me about earlier about the track wetness that would be a cool idea. I really look forward to seeing what kind of racing that will produce.
TeamJFR.com

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #395

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Might do that...but I like it being closer to the day we run our Gen 3 series if it's gonna b sorta like a Nationwide to Cup deal you know what I mean. We'll just run the crates on whatever day Jason can make it lol.

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #401

• JFR*A2D
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • TeamJFR.com
Haha yeah you gotta do whats best for your teammates.
TeamJFR.com

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #404

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah since he is most likely gonna be the odd man out on Sundays...more people told me they could make Sunday's than Wednesday though so that's a tough choice, so I want him to be able to race in one of our series at least...

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #406

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
The car count and night problems have and always will be there and leagues and people have to adjust for them at times as it flows up and down... In the leagues i have run or ran in we would have a catch up race for those who couldn't make it all the time..It would be for double points and we ran it at least every month..Also we raced at a very different time where people could make it if they don't sleep :unsure: The MMT league I ran for NSDRA ran around midnights on Sat/Sun morning CST or sometimes early Suday mornings around 10 am.. we averaged between 10-12 cars depending on what class ran as we had multi classes .But ran 2 classes per week race UMP Mods, Gen3 , LLM, Wedge, Super Stocks were some of the classes.. But those were in the golden days of DTR2 and probably wouldn't work now but was just a little input from a old DTR2 guy that still loves the game..Yenko2

Last edit: by yenko2.

Re: Is it just me? 14 years 2 weeks ago #407

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah I remember that series Yenko...because back then VLR ran at 11:30 am back then too and I think we were overlapping them or they were one hour before us I can't remember. We ran on Saturday's too so it was actually kinda cool you could wake up early, come race, then go to the real races...but now I can't hardly wake up that early lol.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 21 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form