Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New section added to the site 14 years 2 weeks ago #371

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Ok guys we added a DTR2 League News section to the right hand side of the site. Also, there is a submit league news option that we would like people to use to submit the latest news of any kind from their league to be posted on here, and you can link back to your website. All you have to do type your leagues name at the end such as "Story from BLS" or whatever the league is that you are submitting the news for. As long as your league is listed on our links page it will automatically link it to your website when you type your league name in the article.

If you do not want your league or series news to be posted then let me know. If your site has an RSS feed (Which is AWESOME!) then it is even easier for me to add news, and I don't even need you to submit it...I can just type in your sites URL and it will get the news from it and post it automatically. I'm not sure if freewebs sites will let u have an RSS feed but it might, I'll check into that. The XOR and XCR sites have them so it makes it easy to grab news from there...but yeah I hope you guys will use this and get some free advertisement for your series and if you post a race report or anything like that on your site you can add it to ours too and link back to your site so people will visit it. Let me know if you have any questions about this or suggestions.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New section added to the site 14 years 2 weeks ago #372

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I just found out a cool way to add this to freewebs.

If you have a site at www.freewebs.com here's how to get the top dtr2 news stories to show up on the sidebar of your site.

It should say Manage Sidebars somewhere at the top up the page you are editing. Click this and then just click "+ Widget Module" in the upper right part of that page. Then click "Fresh Content and Info" and after that page loads click "RSS and Feed Reader."

It will say URL to RSS feed and just copy and paste this URL:
[html]teamvlr.com/dtr2-league-news.feed?type=rss[/html]

You can mess with the color of it etc to match your site and then click "Insert this Widget" when you are done. Then just check out your website and you will see it over on the right side of your page. This way everyone can stay up to date on the news in the dtr2 world and people can come to your site and easily find the latest happenings throughout the game.

The next thing you can do is submit your news on here and that way it will show up in that widget so everyone can see what's happening in your series/league.

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

Re: New section added to the site 14 years 2 weeks ago #373

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
For example I added one to our old site www.freewebs.com/teamvlrdtr2 and you can look at it over to the right hand side of the page...

Re: New section added to the site 14 years 2 weeks ago #374

• JFR*A2D
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • TeamJFR.com
  • Thank you received: 6
Thats awesome shock!
TeamJFR.com

Re: New section added to the site 14 years 2 weeks ago #430

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
An update on this...
I can help anyone who wants to display the dtr2 news on their site get it set up. It's really easy. All you do is insert the code onto your website and that's it. Anytime there is a new article posted in the DTR2 League News section on this site it will automatically update it on the code you pasted on your website. This is very good to help get visitors to come to your site and see what's going on in dtr2. To see an example go to www.a2d29.webs.com and look at it on the home page...just click on the story you want to read and it will pop up. If you can't get around to update your website as much as you like this will allow you to still have the latest content from dtr2 on there for everyone to see what's going on in the online racing world.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 36 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form