Sunday, May 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26363

• J-MAC
  • J-MAC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Today at work I was thinking about running a race for about 3 hours. I just want to know if people would actually race this.

I was thinking of holding an event that would last about a week or so. 1 track, 1 or 2 different chassis. 20 car A main. (use of TRT to determine the winner and everything else), rolling restarts, mid race cautions. 2 qualifying sessions (taking the fastest of the 2 as your qualifying time), 2 qualifying races, last chance race. Basically the DTR2 version of Super Dirt Week. Instead of 200 laps its 100 laps though.

Full rules, track and chassis picks still in the works, I'm just wondering if anybody would actually participate in this knowing it won't be a 1 day thing and will last a few days.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26367

• Starnes
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 33
looks good except for the rolling start...have never been too good on here with that...
he didn't slam you he didn't bump you he didn't nudge you he rubbed you and rubbin is racin!

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26368

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
The original start would be the regular start. Only restarts would be rolling. Thats how I see it right now. Another idea would be pit stops. 1 stop during the race by going down pit road (getting black flagged and then continuing back onto the track) It would be mandatory so everybody would have to do it. The rolling cautions would put those that took a pit stop to go back 1 lap down and those that didn't yet would still have to pit during the green.

Again, these ideas are in the very rough stages and nothing is final yet.

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26369

• JFR_Jim
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 104
I like your thinking Jmac, it sounds like fun. I like all your ideas so far. I'm liking all this new stuff lately (or old stuff i guess) with people running corr's, prisons, groveton's, tracks from the way past at midnite and etc. Just hope people don't try and tell you how to run your series. But rolling starts on regular starts would be fun (worked just fine for bls last year).
JFR

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26370

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
But if the A is 100 laps you can't do a rolling start. And thats the original idea. 100 lap, 20 car A main. Still working out the kinks, gonna need some dates where we can get everybody together, avoid screwing with other series unless they don't mind holding off for a week or even having their race involved with this. (was thinking of like if theres a race before the big A main, make it a "win and you're in" kinda thing.)

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26372

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
i like the thinking outside the box there jmac

im nto sure i totally understand all the races listed in the first post but i understand what youre getting at , like dirt week

i went back and re-read the first post
you could do 200 laps , use the 100 lap checker as a caution
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Last edit: by DeadBolt.

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26374

• Gei$ler
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 221
Sounds interesting, if you run the Big Block Mods, I will Definitely be there!

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26377

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Yeah, I'm taking Super Dirt Week, cutting the main race in half, cutting the # of cars ran in half or smaller, but running it in about the same time frame.

Ex:
Wed- Scheduled practice.
Thurs- Practice, Qualifying session #1
Fri- Qualifying Session #2, Qualifying races (heat races, locking in so many cars)
Sat- Practice, Consolation race (filling the field up or all but 1 spot)
Sun- Non-qualifiers race (diff chassis, same track), 100 lap 20 car A main.

I was thinking of running this all in certian servers that I could have whoevers running them shut the servers down when there isn't scheduled practice or a race going on in them. That way practice in the servers to be used will only be at certian times since all the servers tend to give different pings and races.

I was also thinking of having different wetnesses for everything to simulate actual track changes throughout the day.

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26378

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite

BLS_DeadBolt wrote: i like the thinking outside the box there jmac

im nto sure i totally understand all the races listed in the first post but i understand what youre getting at , like dirt week

i went back and re-read the first post
you could do 200 laps , use the 100 lap checker as a caution

I thought about that but it could be too long. The first Super Dirt Week race was like less than 150 laps, now its 200. If this works out maybe the next one will go more laps. Looking at a once a year thing right now.

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26380

• JFR_Jim
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 104
What track would you use?
JFR

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26383

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
I'm not too sure right now. Like I said this is still in the very rough idea stage. I'd need a track that has the pits in the infield as well as a pit road that if you go down it would black flag you. So right now I've had Peakview and Terre come to mind. Grove is another possibility that just came to mind. I can't use something that won't black flag you (like OCFS :( ) or doesn't have pits in the infield.

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26384

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
here ya go jmac

Wed. April 25th 9pm
Thurs. April 26th is OPEN
Fri. April 27th 8pm
Sat. April 28th is OPEN
Sun. April 29th 5pm???

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26385

With everything you want to implement i would suggest you get someone to help you out.Alot to remeber on your own , not saying your not capable but i have also heard a wise man say he needed help ONCE! lol
Greezy/Comet #4 Slidell La.

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26388

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
I like it DB but thats during the real world races and could possibly hur tthe car count for the show. I was thinking like right after real racing season ends or something like that.

Greezy, While I did think this up on my own, I'm gonna make sure I have some help in the actual running of the event. I'm going to need help in the racing events, help in servers provided, a vent to use (Hopefully ERL vents and servers, since that looks like the obvious choice right now.) I'd need participation of whatever series are going on at the time because I don't want to step on anybody and would rather they actually get involved with this (like if XCR was racing the night before, Bullet could make that A main the "Win and You're In" thing I mentioned before.) But believe me, I will have some help with this and will be looking for it when I get everything set and finalized. lol

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26390

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
shoot if your lookin at after "real" racing season
your lookin at late october , november

thats a fair amount of time to get details sorted out

if you wait til then to do it , youll have to try and deal with me being stubborn and work out some sort of race date - theres a hint in there , if you catch what i said

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26391

Yea your ideas are awesome and with full co-operation of the teams this will be a great event !
Definatly got something in the works myself , behind the scenes at this point and time but this will become an annual event and the a-main guys will be greatly rewarded!
Greezy/Comet #4 Slidell La.

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26400

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Alright DB, I might just have to put up with you being stubborn. lol But I don't think that will be an issue, I can float my start times around a bit to make sure it won't interfere with any series going on at the time.

I still haven't picked a chassis or a track yet but while bowling tonight, I brought my doodle binder (its got all the car designs in it I've drawn) and I wrote down some rules and made up a schedule. Right now its a 5 day event, Hopefully some involvement from whatever series is running on Saturday night since its looking like a Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sunday thing. I'll be trying to keep this from interfering with any other series so hopefully they can help support this. I've gotten how everybody will qualify into the race figured out, I've got the rules about the pit stops written down. I'll be going over that for the next few days to make this go off without a hitch.

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26407

I think we should have a big race at the figure 8 tracks this way i dont get banned for wrecking everyone

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26408

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
I might start the week on a tuesday and skip Saturday just to make sure I'm at each part of the event.....Schedule looks like this right now:

Day 1: 2 hour practice session in a predetermined server that can be shut down at the end of the session with wetness randomly determined. Practice ends at least 1 hour before any league race begins on that day.

Day 2: 2 randomly selected wetnesses. The wetter track for the open practice, Dryer track for Qualifying session #1. Everybody takes 3 lap qualifying time and it will start and end in a time slot that won't interfere with any races on that day.

Day 3: 2 randomly selected wetnesses. Wetter track for open practice, Dryer of the 2 for Qualifying session #2. Everybody once again goes 3 laps of time trials and it will also start and end without interfereing with any other races.

Day 4: As many randomly selected wetnesses as needed. Tracks get dryer as the day goes on. As many 20 lap races as we need based on number of cars in the show. Race lineup determined by qualifying times.
Help from whatever series is racing that day: Win and you're in. First car across the line that isn't qualified into the race will be added to the end of it and start the 100 lap race.

Day 5: However many randomly selected wetnesses as needed. Practice for the cars locked into the race. Practice for cars not locked into the race. Run 30 lap last chance race(s) to fill out the field. 45 lap support race (made up of the top 10 cars that didn't make the 100 lapper) and lastly the 20 car, 100 lap race.

Right now this is where everything sits at. Just have to pick track, chassis and dates right now. More info to be posted when I get everything written down and finalized.

Re: Any Interest? 12 years 1 month ago #26410

sprent cars at weever park

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 48 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form