Friday, April 26, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 4 months ago #74199

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
No.50

Pomeroy Mnt Dirt by IGGR Softshoe (ex Ruth by IGGR Gas) July 2006 one of the nicely painted tracks from IGGR compared to the darker colours used by the Team and based on dtr2 bloomington and was and still is in my opinion a stunning with a great background but Arizona with snowy Mnts. More to see in Read-me file left in track folder and for your reading... the mountains made the track look and feel right.. Nothing to fix here and certainly a popular download over the years.

Will there be more...???

File Attachment:

File Name: PomeroyMou...Dirt.zip
File Size:5,480 KB

Still would love to hear from anyone and of course you Shock would appreciate your thoughts and with your input into the previous no.49 track over the De2 additions....???
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 4 months ago #74212

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
no.51...

You thought it was all over huh.... Nah....

Somers Raceway by IGGR again.... March 2004 and a rehashed 41st edit loveds this when it first surfaced. Cleaned away the Stands and gave us some colourful trees. Nice job done but... I'm not allowed to post sorry... The red-me says so...

But then again.... I'm pretty sure the IGGR team really doesn't mind having their track voted in as a classic to survive the many years to come for DTR2 nutters....

File Attachment:

File Name: Somers.zip
File Size:6,898 KB

Pic above differs in wall colour. IGGR placed a stone wall so track file is the orig except the Terrains which I have had to shrink and re-focus due to Uploading sorry to give everybody a reasonable surface to race on and yes a track download for all..
Attachments:

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 4 months ago #74220

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
no.52...

Carson City edit Oct 2002 ADSRA Team (by Larry Bullard?) I think.... but was altered to be Swainsboro conv. and re-edited A1 yes by me and one I had already fixed for DTR2 but never shared till now. I'm certain it never ran in DTR1 so it's been fixed... July 2007. Sorry for delay this track suits more being off-road. Will post the flatter version next.

It's a rough track but to me was a classic in it's day as it was orig a pm09 (Jackson) track whereas the DTR version used in DTR-SC was ofcourse Pike.. pm09 squashed so was cleverly done. Enjoy.

File Attachment:

File Name: usGASwainsboro.zip
File Size:1,310 KB

PS This track is posted as an altered named track but rest of track is still of orig files except textures trimmed sorry.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 4 months ago #74221

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
no.53

Proms (Premium Online Racing) Memorial Speedway edit by Dr.X . March 2004 and was not the popular track of the day very rare to find this as was only seen on this one site which was a team that was I believe very brief in running as a League. A rare track which to me should have classic status as it was done on a DTR-SC Pike and squashed similar to Carson but a different De2 used. However due to this track being as an Online Track was never run in Off-line. Glad to say I found this on one of my very old discs and converted to DTR2 and fixed and it now works as the A1 was pretty much the same as Carson... so here you are with an almost round dirt track. It's not the most exciting to race on but I do have ideas for an Australian track with this so Aussies keep an eye out in.... 2020.

File Attachment:

File Name: proms.zip
File Size:2,857 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 4 months ago #74222

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
no.54

Winchester2 offered as I had fixed it back then in July 2010 (it had never run in any of the DTR games)... Originally edited DTR-SC Santamaria by Larry Bullard Feb 2004... The A1 I swapped olut for another and I feel it is close but I chose to move outer wall in turns 3 and 4 closer to stop cars from riding up too high (as orig offered by me now altered) so hope it's an improved track. Larry had made an incredible track with great shaping and as Shock has mentioned it feels like a real track... especially when I fixed the terrains and removed the tarmac from 1trg.

It's similar to the Winchester track there in Virginia as Larry stated but I could say that there is a much closer one...??? Kidding. Nice job Larry and thankyou for this.

File Attachment:

File Name: Winchester2.zip
File Size:1,873 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 4 months ago #74223

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Gave the latest 4 an 8 lap quick race to see how they are.

Somers: This is fun, always been a bit of a fan of 41st, gonna tweak this some to see how I can fit it in in my offline stuff.

Swainsboro: Bouncy bouncy bouncy. :laugh: This may have been fun during the ERL days when we were running off road tracks.

Proms: I wish I knew this track existed during the online days. This would have made a few appearances on a schedule of mine. AI is a little funky but it's a cool little track. A 2016 Shock facelift would have made this a really good online track.

Winchester2: Another fun one and another possible use track for online stuff. AI don't much like turns 3 and 4. This could have been a fun one to get a few good races at the 11pm series.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 3 months ago #74253

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Thanks J-Mac as always appreciate your comments and yes the Winchester2 track has a problem in 3 and 4 and all it should take from me or someone else is to shift the terrains out a little... I have earmarked this very track for one in Alabama.. I'll say no more.

no.55.

Oceanside_night and I've been holding out on this one... Yes I have used this track after I fixed it and added even more Alpha to make another Beach track and that is why too I have waited to bring it to you.... Needed that anti-climax track to complete the set of Classic Tracks.... I could be fooling with you...

Orig base was DTR oval std 2 (Nth Texas-Junction) names used in game I believe. Edited by Calvin Stunden BST Designs in May 2001. A superb track that gave us all the feel of a real Beach track so thank you Calvin. He had made 2 versions of this one being a Day Version but I prefer the night time. Nice lighting for the day if I remember rightly as there were no others that gave you large Stadium lights. This had never ran in DTR2 and not sure if someone had done a converted version but I do know I had put a huge effort into fixing the Alpha which was the main fault apart from the Default needing to be dropped which I can only say was back in 2015 but in my other memory banks it was around 2006. Well worth fixing.

File Attachment:

File Name: Oceanside_night.zip
File Size:1,887 KB

Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 3 months ago #74254

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
no.56

Hub Of Valley edit by WOW Team May 2001 not sure which editor did but thank you for stretching a DTR-SC Kokomo track. The reason why I have dated this track I believe correctly is because of the Alpha not being touched and that would not be possible after stretching the thing. Another one I came across like this track was 'Trpxell" I will give that edit a plug as I no longer have the track (I would have to dig through CD's again...!!) so in case I am wrong Hub Of Valley was my favorite track back in the day.

File Attachment:

File Name: HubofValley.zip
File Size:2,479 KB

I have fixed the Death-wall down at end of back straight not pretty but it does stop the game from locking up. A1 is as good as it was back in 2001 it seems to run fine. The wall in turn 3 is angled more than usual because of the Deft texture being dropped and I don't want to upset this track from ever not running. Enjoy it.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 3 years 6 months ago #74423

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
No.57

KST by Shock Aug 2006 4th track made ? Based on a bloomington became very popular in team racing Online but I couldn't fathom why there were cutouts of peps hanging on the front fence and because of all the upheavals etc in 2020 I chose to fix this so sorry in advance for doin so Shock but the track itself did have a greater feel than the orig edit (dtr2 bloomington) so well done.

File Attachment:

File Name: kst.zip
File Size:2,331 KB

Sorry for not contunuing Thread earlier it has been a while but I do have more to come so sty tuned.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 3 years 6 months ago #74425

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
No.58

Speed Dome (DTR-SC Chico edit) Dec 2000 by I believe to be Angry himself. I had to get this track fixed as the cars didn't run away from the tires but it's not a perfect fix but it will run fairly competitive., and yes for posterity purposes as I liked this track a very long time ago and I believe it was the first walled Chico ever before edits like Port City. Raceway which I have and may tidy it up some and Post maybe. The Preview should bring it all back for some, a real classic.

File Attachment:

File Name: speed_dome.zip
File Size:2,493 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 3 years 3 months ago #74553

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
No.59.....

Been a while since I shared a classic so here's one. It's a track I've used and was very pleased that no issues were found. No I did not fix this track but..., it had a certain appeal in the early Alpha made, used so hence the reason why I'm putting this one up as a true classic....

Rapid City SD by Shock Jan 2009 and i

File Attachment:

File Name: RapidCity.zip
File Size:4,307 KB
t is based on a DTRSC Hagerstown
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 3 years 3 months ago #74555

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 124
Could you fix the AI on shocks Arizona speedway ... wild west shootout

Classic Tracks Fixed 3 years 3 months ago #74556

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Not too sure although track is a DTR2 Husets and there are plenty of those edits in various sizing so I don't understand what has been done within the edit.... If a track done in Rhino is moved off centre then this can make it near impossible to fix... it's getting a close match A1 for the edit.... I will try and find one but as most know my PC program doesn't allow my DTR2 A1 editor to function therefore I can't adjust A1 like I use to sadly. Thanks for posting Brian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hooversracing4h

Classic Tracks Fixed 3 years 3 months ago #74557

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
A1 fix for Arizona Speedway (Shock's track)... 5 minute fix... I got lucky first time out by an A1 fit from Atomic Speedway (In the A's)... how about that...!!!!. Let me know please Brian and thanks as I did know the track but didn't think it was fixable. Shock did a nice representation on Arizona so I get it in my game too yeeha. Can't believe it took a Chico edit from Ray to sort this one... wow wow.

File Attachment:

File Name: aifixArizo...dway.zip
File Size:6 KB

Please let me know if there are any issues.... Enjoy...
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 3 years 3 months ago #74558

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 124
Thank you sir
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul D kiwi

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.567 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 89 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form