Friday, May 03, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
VLR

TOPIC:

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28742

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
there is no reason for one series to wait for another to finish
pick where you want to race
ERL should not have to wait
just cuz a conversation had in December?? they posted thier schedule in January clearly stating the date and time - VLR changed after ERL posted thier info
and lazy , you started somethign called midnight madness , used to start at midnight , you changed your time to an earlier time , again after ERL posted thier info
its not ERLs fault
its VLRs and Lazys fault for stepping on ERL's toes
why should a series have to wait for another to finish? thats ridiculous
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28743

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
They don't have to wait for sh*t. But his original plan was to start at 9:30, so didn't he change his time too? What if a bigger league decided to start on 10pm on Wednesday nights, with BLS starting at 9pm...? It hurts both series and it is known that BLS always runs Wednesday nights, just like VLR runs Sunday nights.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28744

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
We're not stepping on anyone's toes. Everyone know's VLR has ran Sunday nights for over two years now. ERL has never ran an open league on Sunday night. We never stepped on anyone's toes before on Sunday nights because there were no leagues running within three hours before or after ours started until ERL did. So how are we stepping on toes?

We've had Sunday nights for a long time now and we'll start at whatever time works best for everyone, and that's 8:30et. ERL jumped in on Sunday nights knowing that's when we ran so if the car counts are lower for them because of that I can't help it. The way I understood from Goat is that they were racing on Friday nights because after that conversation we didn't talk about it again and you can see I expressed my opinion that VLR might not be done by 9:30 (the original time he was talking about starting at) and I really didn't like the idea of a league starting while ours was probably still going anyway.

thegoat15: k we are going to race on sunday's at like 9:30 starting in April I just dot want our schedule to conflict with VLR
Dec 13 7:45 PM
vlr_shock: oh dang
Dec 13 7:45 PM
vlr_shock: not sure our races will be over by 930 but i hope so
Dec 13 7:46 PM
thegoat15: well we can start whenever you all are done
Dec 13 7:46 PM
vlr_shock: ok

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28745

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143

VLR JW wrote: Yo ICE when are you gonna start your new race league? :woohoo:

Looking at May 28
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28748

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
Used to we could run 2 shows at the same time and get 20+ cars per show but now as a community we need to really try to work together to keep the car counts where they are. I am going to start a new series and I know that WFO has ran on that night forever and we decided that we are going to work together and put on 2 shows. I know I didnt talk to SRF who runs the same night but I honestly didnt know they were running. Then again some teams could care less about car count and that is fine too.

With ERL I dont think they really care about a huge field and it dont hurt VLR either since their show is about done. The only thing it would really hurt is if someone was trying to run for ERL points and the VLR show ran alittle late.
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28749

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

BLS_DeadBolt wrote: if VLR wouldnt have changed thier start time to 830 then making ERL would never be a problem
ERL posted thier schedule long before VLR decided to change thier time

My original post was this, not dissing ERL or anything. Actually saying VLR would normally be done just before ERL starts except last night was something I couldn't control with the internet being out. So re read it and see that I don't have a problem with ERL's scheduling although it is a little difficult to make the show go super fast when people freeze or complain etc:

Well I told Goat that we run Sundays when he was asking me what night they should run and I thought he said they were gonna do a different night but they ended up doing Sunday's anyway. The show will be quicker next week because Wheel didn't have all the stuff on hand to make it go by quicker and I never expected the internet to be out like that.

Last week we were done at 10:03et and that was with a froze car I think in the C Main so I think as long as we divide up into 6 or 7 qualifying groups and get it over with quick it will be easy to get done in time for ERL. Them going right after us kinda hurts both shows IMO but it's their series to do what they want with. Last night just took a little longer cause of unforeseen circumstances and Wheel stepped up and figured out how to get the live qually working so I can't thank him enough for running it. Like I said next week will be quicker though because Buck's sheet spits everything out automatically after qualifying and the heats and Wheel had to do it by hand last night which takes longer. I heard a lot of complaints on the track but when I ran it by myself it didn't seem too hard as long as people hold their line.

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28750

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Icefighter wrote: With ERL I dont think they really care about a huge field and it dont hurt VLR either since their show is about done. The only thing it would really hurt is if someone was trying to run for ERL points and the VLR show ran alittle late.

No they don't, but some top VLR points guys that make the A Mains most week were hoping to race for points there (like me), but gonna be hard to now. Even though last night my internet was out and I couldn't have raced it if I tried. And if I was there last night I think we would have been done in time for ERL as long as no one froze or anything like that. Wheel did awesome running the show, though and getting the lineups set up. He just didn't have the automatic lineup maker or it would have went even faster.

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28751

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46

VLR_Shock wrote: I like Goat and all the ERL guys so I don't have any hard feelings to them. Sundays is kinda our day and we were the only league racing at night on Sunday's until now so we could move our time around if we wanted to better accommodate the drivers. Now they are started so it just means we got to run a tighter ship to get done on time. Last week we were done before they started but stayed in vent and chatted after the race.

Someone (I think Turbo) came over and asked if we were running ERL and so a few of us went over there and raced it. But Goat's IM to me back in December said they'd wait till after VLR was over but they didn't although I can understand not wanting to wait 20 minutes or so to start. Last night was the first time my internet has ever been out on a race night or it woulda went by quicker. I hate it for the guys in the A that had to miss ERL but in those situations our only option was to have Wheel to run it or cancel the race. Next week will be quicker either way because we'll have the lineup sheet working

Oh no doubt Shock,I totaly agree! I've always had the upmost respect for Goat and Turbo as well as the rest of the ERL guys,they are a great bunch of fellers over there,and its that exact reason why I just could'nt understand why Goat did'nt seem to care if he got any more cars or not or if my show was delayed.He just never struck me as that kind of guy.Hell truth be known I was certian he'd be just the total oppisite.

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28752

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"

Icefighter wrote:

Lazy3 wrote:

BLS_BW43 wrote:

VLR_Shock wrote: I wanna thank Wheel for running the show last night and scrambling. I was having to text him how to get the live qualifying servers working and he got them working fine. My internet was out so I couldn't do anything but he did a good job running it for us. He also didn't have the lineup sheet I had so it was a little slower than usual but I did send it to him after the race last night when my internet came on just in case in the future he could have it and make the race and lineups come out a lot quicker.

Thanks everyone for coming out again and racing even though that track was really difficult to master. GJ to JW on the win and congrats to Mav on his first top 5 at VLR with a second. ATR_Matt has been banned a week for driving through the field in the B Main. Cya guys this week at Attica!

Yes thanks Wheel and others who step up and run shows for others and keep the game goin! Track was racier than I expected it to be.

It's about impossible to make ERL race if you make the VLR feature

:(

I agree,BW and Goat isnt to fond about giving the guys in the VLR A-Main a few minutes to finish.The 1st ERL race a couple weeks ago I asked Goat @ 10:00 if he would wait a few minutes for Shock n the guys in the VLR A-Main to finish and he bluntly replied "Nope!"I thought he misunderstood what I was askin so I asked again..you wont wait a few xtra minutes for Shock n the others to finish thier race? Again he replied "Nope!" At that point I just said all right then I'll c-ya guys later.I left and went to wait for the VLR "A" to finish to let ya'll know Goat wasnt wait'n and fortunatly it just got done,so some actually did make it in time to run ERL. I still didnt quite understand why he wouldnt wait a few xtra minutes though.My series runs at 11:00 and I have to wait every time ERL runs and that dont seem to bother him either.This last night ERL ran they only cut into my time slot 5-10 min. but its been upwards to 20-25 before that.

Dont get me wrong ,I'm not complainig because as you know we try n run a very relaxed show and hardly ever start right on time anyway.

I dont get upset because I know 1st hand that no matter how hard you try to get it done in a timely manner sometimes theres issues that come up that prevent that from happening.Any who I'll stfu now lol,just my 2 cents.

Lazy we are usually waiting an extra 20-30 mins for your show to start because you wont SHUT UP!!! dont forget the most famous abbriviation in racing Lazy XTFU! BWAAAAHAAAA

Ice?...I think I pretty much just said that didnt I ? lol

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28763

• VLR_Kp
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 58
why did Matt get banned for 1 week?

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28769

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
There has to be a way we can work this out so that somebody can run all 3 without having to miss one because of the others. The different series formats do have different run times. VLR has to really be moving with their setup inorder to be done in an hour and a half and we all know that the kind of perfection needed for everybody to get to the next show with time to practice is almost never going to happen. VLR Won't move up their start time, ERL can't start later or we'll be stepping on Lazy's start time. We're either going to have to just deal with it for now since VLR has 3 (?) races left or get together and try to work some kind of arrangement out for all 3 to be good.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28773

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
is someone scheduled at the exact same time on webnesdays as bls
i wouldnt complain one second about it
id still go to the bls race , if it were while im running my mod series
fine , doesnt bother me , i will never wait for another league to get done
if youre late to my series , tough shit , you aint runnin
ive had enugh of idiots showin up late to a race askin what chassis , whattrack , can i tag the c or b - we have the fucking schedule page on this website - fucking use it
and if yoour cant figure out how to use that , look at the fucking leagues website you are interupting
The following user(s) said Thank You: JFR_Jim

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28774

VLR_Shock wrote:

Lazy3 wrote:

SRF_Dirt! wrote: shock the old 5 mile point was a lot better then the one you recently made just make the old one 2k12 v2 haha

:ohmy: Dirt!..you need to stop slingin your meds man!^^That post is proof you need that sh*t!^^

They wore off extra quick this morning

yup mom had to buy them in the shopko parking lot instead of the walgrens parking lot!!!! big difference bro
liftins for pussies, dont let no one tell you otherwise

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28777

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

BLS_DeadBolt wrote: is someone scheduled at the exact same time on webnesdays as bls
i wouldnt complain one second about it
id still go to the bls race , if it were while im running my mod series
fine , doesnt bother me , i will never wait for another league to get done
if youre late to my series , tough (bleep) , you aint runnin
ive had enugh of idiots showin up late to a race askin what chassis , whattrack , can i tag the c or b - we have the (bleep)ing schedule page on this website - (bleep)ing use it
and if yoour cant figure out how to use that , look at the (bleep)ing leagues website you are interupting

Yeah if you were the league admin and you spent as much money as some of us did to run your series with server costs/live qualifying cost/lineup sheet cost/point statistics costs/website cost...etc... then you'd mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lazy3

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28778

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
no i wouldnt
i pay for bls vent , and i dont care if it never gets used
lineup sheet cost? fkn serious? you pay for that?
points stats cost? what the fk , who pulled the wool over your eyes?
you dont need to spend money on a fkn website , every other team (almost) has fkn free sites

its up to you to spend your own money for servers , we didnt ask you to do it
so take that sorry excuse and shove it

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28779

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
I do appreciate the website, vent and servers cost though Shock. I know theres free sites out there but I don't know of any that allows everything we can do here while still remaining free.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock, Lazy3

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28780

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

BLS_DeadBolt wrote: no i wouldnt
you dont need to spend money on a fkn website , every other team (almost) has fkn free sites

It's not an excuse. I do it cause I want to. You use the site to talk shit about me, OK, good job. But I said IF you paid for all that you would like to be able to race your events with no disruption. However you use VLR servers, site, and everything for free and obviously don't give a shit what goes on behind the scenes to let you be able to race.

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28781

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1. Lineup Sheet

NOPE, Buck did it for free. But I sent him $50 to show my gratitude although IMO it's worth much more than that since he spent several evenings to do it.

2. Points breakdown cost $70 which is a good dea lfor someone to design their program to your specific needs.

3. Free website and you wouldn't be able to talk shit to me about the money I spend...

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28782

• Karl
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 44
DB can't be serious, I can tell you first hand to run the VLR stuff will set you back a grand a year or more. Also the line up sheet is well worth the 50 bucks that Shock gave Buck. I can't believe DB said anything about the costs since BLS has free loaded servers and Vent since he has had them. the stuff Shock is doing on his web site you can't do on a free loader web site. Some people like to have better stuff than others kinda like racing parts. Script writers cost money and if you want do certain things thru your web site you have to have a good script. I know I paid out plenty for scripts and codes for the things i wanted to do and know. If it wasn't for Shocks efforts you might as well kiss it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock, Lazy3

Re: VLR is TONIGHT, and check this out! 12 years 1 week ago #28783

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"

Damn DB wtf's up your azz? You know better than that shit man,or at least I'd like to think you do. Most of that shit requires html code to work and unless your a software designer or programmer you have to pay to get that shit coded and believe me it isnt fkn cheap.Damn sure not like that $5 or $10 a month vent! Sure anyone can put together a hole-in-th-wall site but then again "you get what you pay for"! You have to buy xtra gigs of bandwith and xtra megs of web storage if your going to want to upload and store large volumes of content as VLR does.Without it you'd never be able access all the shit you can here now!Theres hundreds even thousands of files here on this site! Tracks,skins,chassis,utility files,and much,much more,and that dont include the forums and all of the tons n tons of other info all related to DTR2,the game you play every damn day! You use these forums,you download tracks,you upload skins and I'm sure you probably access a lot of other sh*t on here but I dont here you bitchin about that! You use his servers everytime you want to play your fkn game! In the league events and in the fkn browser! Yeah you may not have asked him to pay for all this shit but he does and he in turn didnt ask you if you would use the sh*t but you do! You imply "WE" didnt ask! WTF? ..you got a fkn mouse in your pocket? Speak for your got-damn self man because I promise you I dont think you can speak for anyone else for I'm quite certian most of us here appreciate the hell out of what Shock has contributed to this game that we all enjoy! If you dont then why dont you just step the fck on then and stay the fk off his site n out of his servers! Go buy your own fkn shit n build your own shit n run it when and how you want! I'll bet Shocks right because if you were to do that n found out just exactly what the time and cost of doing that is then you might give a fk! Then again maybe you wouldnt,who knows? but really who cares? Either way I never thought I'd hear you talk shit like you been talkin today,I always had a ton of respect for you man but your attitude on this subject is just plain wrong man!
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock, Jackson

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 172 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form