Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
VLR
  • Page:

TOPIC:

VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15295

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
VLR heads to the Florence Speedway tonight for race #6 of the season in the Gen 3's. Qualifying starts at 6:30 CT.

RULE CHANGE: IF YOU ARE NOT IN VLR VENTRILO BY 6:40 CT, YOU WILL NOT QUALIFY!

we must get the show moving and cant wait for people coming in 20 minutes late to qualify, if you come in late you can tag the tail of a heat race!. If you need extra time please tell us beforehand
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15297

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
HMMMM, seems like ALL these tracks are Wheel and Shocks favorite tracks lol (whistles away with hands in pocket). How do you guys make up the track schedule? Is there a way you guys could go down the driver points and have each driver pick a track? Seems like that would give everyone a FAIR shot at the title!!! like how Bullit does his track schedule, he lets everyone pick a track on how they finish in points, correct Bull?
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15303

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
No it's not our favorite tracks, it's the best one's on the game. There are about 4 BLS tracks, 4 VLR tracks, and 4 that other's have made that are all racy and give anyone a chance to win. And Wheel's fast everywhere so I don't think we could find a bad track for him. All the tracks on the schedule are pretty new though. I haven't even raced the East Bay track yet so I don't even know what to expect there and everyone else pretty much has raced it already.

We will not let the top 12 in points pick the tracks because we only want real life tracks and some of the tracks people pick are hell holes or mile long drafters and there'd probably only be 10 guys show up. Tried to put in a mixture of short/medium range tracks that kinda follow a tour through the midwest and then the south (midwest because there are a lot more tracks in dtr2 in the midwest)

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15306

• JFR 4H
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm On One
  • Thank you received: 118
FK VLR PUTTING TALENTTRACKS ON THERE.. SLICK DRIVER TRAX
It's such a shame, They gonn miss this plane.

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15308

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
I'm not trying to be a dick, I was just wondering why you do these small 1 groove tracks. We have a 1 mile track here! There are ALOT of BIGGER tracks that late models run, not just the short or mid ones. Just because you don't like draft tracks don't mean everyone don't like 'em, Heck NYS's 1 miler put on a GREAT show on Speed last night. So maybe in your Opinion those tracks are the best in the game but why don't you throw a vote out and see. the reason people like those hell holes are becasue they are tough to figure out and the line can be anywhere, most of these tracks are bottom feeders with no racing groove. ALOT of the "NOT REAL" tracks are freakin AWESOME, and if you let the top 12 pick the tracks, then you will have a multiude of competition levels, giving everyone thier favorite or best track pick. you only need 10 for a feature!!! But if you notice, the best racing has been on the draft tracks with at least 3 or 4 cars fighting for the win, on the 1/4 milers, it usually ends up with one car way out front. Hell Daytona v2 has THE BEST RACING IN THE GAME!!!! With the exception of Kokomo and Knoxville, the rest are 1 grooved. That's why I like tracks like TDR, PDR, XCR, BLS Superspeedway and other "NOT REAL" tracks because they have GREAT racing and multigrooved. Even if you can go high in 1 corner and low in the other its still 1 grooved!! When we raced on the 1/4 milers with our 600 mini, it was freakin awesome, never knew who was going to win, but when we used our regular 1/8 milers, we always knew the guy with the money was going to win!!! So not trying to be a dick, just stating that you guys have raced most of these tracks for a LONG time and are way more experinced at them.
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15310

• Jammin
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • Mess with the bull get the horns
  • Thank you received: 7
VLR_Shock wrote:

No it's not our favorite tracks, it's the best one's on the game. There are about 4 BLS tracks, 4 VLR tracks, and 4 that other's have made that are all racy and give anyone a chance to win. And Wheel's fast everywhere so I don't think we could find a bad track for him. All the tracks on the schedule are pretty new though. I haven't even raced the East Bay track yet so I don't even know what to expect there and everyone else pretty much has raced it already.

We will not let the top 12 in points pick the tracks because we only want real life tracks and some of the tracks people pick are hell holes or mile long drafters and there'd probably only be 10 guys show up. Tried to put in a mixture of short/medium range tracks that kinda follow a tour through the midwest and then the south (midwest because there are a lot more tracks in dtr2 in the midwest)

sry shocker but there are better real tracks out there than riverside and rodeo is not a real track lol i dont give to shits
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Last edit: by Jammin.

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15311

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
1. We're using real tracks to keep it realistic and a lot of these real tracks are very accurate to real life. Do you think they'd race Daytona Dirt in a late model in real life?

2. You're crazy to think Kokomo and Knoxville are the only 2 grooved tracks. They ALL are, that's why they're on the schedule. We haven't raced them fro a long time, every track on there has came out since 2009 or later and a lot of leagues run them so everyone is well versed in them. A lot of leagues run them cause they are great tracks.

And so you're saying that:

Lucas Oil Speedway is 1 groove? No way!
Adams County v2? Nope
Attica Raceway 09? No!
Florence Speedway? Only one grooved in turn one but two in turn 4 which makes for a lot of close finishes.
East Bay 2k12? IDK yet haven't ran it but didn't F1yer and Wheel finish side by side there in the first race at it?
Volunteer Speedway? Won't be 1 grooved but will probably be switched cause it won't be done in time.
Riverside Speedway? The only legit one grooved track on there, and it's a tough one that make the racing tight and is like Martinsville.
DW_Sharon 2k11? F1yer re did it and made it two grooves.
Rodeo? Only on the schedule cause we've used it as the finale since 2006 although I'd like to change it but I think everyone knows it has multiple grooves especially in turn 4.

So how are Knoxville and Kokomo the only 2 groove tracks? Is it because your good at them or because Knoxville has a lot of draft? FYI A2D's win at Knoxville was the biggest margin of victory all season...

I'm not being a dick either I just don't see how you can say that. No one ever complained about the tracks as far as I know. If it were my favorites then I would take Knoxville off and put in Columbus and a bunch of slick tracks.

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15313

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Jammin wrote:

sry shocker but there are better real tracks out there than riverside and rodeo is not a real track lol i dont give to shits

So one bad track outta 12? Which is not a bad track at all. Look at the Supr Late schedule for BLS...

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15314

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
They may be "Multi Grooved" but the fast line is ALWAYS the bottom. ALL tracks are mulitgrooved for racing but the ones online only have 1 fast line, sure you can run the other grooves, but if I wanted to set up for the top at, lets say Lucas Oil, then I am still going to be .1 - .15 off the bottom times, there for if we are riding side by side, the leader will blow us away!!! So YES all tracks are 2 grooved but there is ONLY 1 fast line!!! There is NO WAY around this because the shortest way is always the fastest, THAT"S PHYSICS, but with drafting the top can become faster than the bottom.
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15315

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The winner at Lucas Oil ran the top just fine.

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15316

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
VLR_Shock wrote:

So one bad track outta 12? Which is not a bad track at all. Look at the Supr Late schedule for BLS...[/quote]

But we were asked what tracks would be fun, it wasn't just made up by one person. and they are experimental to see if manny Vs auto worked!!!
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Last edit: by BLS v6!.

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15317

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
VLR_Shock wrote:

The winner at Lucas Oil ran the top just fine.

I ran the top just fine too, except when getting tailwhipped, but I did hold off Wheel from up there (not sure how much was me and how much was him peddeling it so I wouldn SCREAM at him lmao), but when someone got into the bottom, which is now MUD, it slowed em up, but wehn runnin LUCAS by yourself the bottom is way faster!!! so if you pull alead your gone, unless the top can work together, see 1 car vs 2 cars
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15319

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
We have different definitions of fun then. A lot of cars show up at VLR because the tracks must be fun to them. That's all I'm saying. If we had the tracks from the BLS Supr Late schedule no one would race hardly. I'm not saying they're bad but some people like to complain if a track isn't 100% perfectly smooth or has six grooves of racing so that's why I tried to make the best tracks in the game onto the schedule. And your BLS guys made half the tracks on the schedule so it's dissing them, too. It's the best racy track schedule in the game IMO. If the groove was the top everywhere no one would be able to pass, it'd be like Huset's, boring one laned racing.

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15323

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
LMFAO, I am NOT saying the tracks suck you dumbass!!! I am just saying they are more for you and wheel than anyone else!!! OMFG are you that worried people don't like your tracks!!!! JFC all I ever mentioned was that these tracks seem to fit you 2 more than anyone else, You take your meds today????
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15324

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
Why are you knocking the SUPR schedule, all it is is experimental to see how the cars react to the different tracks, sorry you can't adjust to a bumpy track, sorry you have to have your scenery look good so you can race, sorry you need a slick 1 groove track that is as smooth as a babies ass, JFC
"Shakespeare"
"Charles Woods"

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15325

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
You're knocking our schedule. How are they more for me and Wheel? They are the same tracks every other league runs? I haven't seen Wheel be slow at any track and if I did I'd put it on the schedule. He sucked at Kokomo and that was it.

I CAN adjust to a bumpy track I was talking about other people, most of them on your own team. I can't put Tazewell on the VLR schedule cause last time I did people gave hell about how it was way to bumpy (even though real life tracks are) and the loudest one was one of your teammates! You're the one who likes the 2 mile long draft smooth tracks, not me. Slick tracks actually take driving talent and not relying on someone's draft to get to the front.

You're in a losing battle here cause most people would say we have the best schedule on the game, with or without every track being a drafter. And I do like the scenery because when you're racing at a real track you want it to feel like the real thing. Isn't that how you feel at Kokomo?!

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15327

• JFR 4H
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm On One
THE BIG TRACKS MIGHT BE RACIER BUT...ONLY BECAUSE ONE REASON......................*DRAFT* The smaller tracks take more talent to win on...Well the guy behind the p.c determines the winner....I don't mind 1-3 draft shitters on a schedule though.....I guess I just hate it but it keep's it close I guess..

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15330

• JFR*A2D
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • TeamJFR.com
  • Thank you received: 6
wheel was pretty slow at kokomo, finished 5th if im not mistaken
TeamJFR.com

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15331

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
He finished 5th or 6th and was holding up everyone behind him at the line. I think 6-10 or whoever was behind him was right on his butt

Re: VLR Race #6 tonight 7:30 Eastern 12 years 6 months ago #15332

• JFR 4H
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm On One
A2D, Lets go to pawn stars.....Maybe VLR should run Kokomo 12 times....Jimmie Johns, i mean wheel would still win the championship though.

Last edit: by JFR 4H. Reason: m
  • Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 42 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form