Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10100

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
It's been a while I know. I have had a lot of renovating to do on my old house here in Gisborne, so bare with me.

Wanted to share somethimng with you all, so here's the first track.

WILMOT SPEEDWAY

Built by Shock, re-edited and A1 almost fixed by me. Been meaning to share with you all but was silly enough to down grade some textures (Still not sorted) but visually at 70 MPH if ur fast enough, or faster will only be a blurr, anyway. I added a front fence, redid the scoreboard and changed the alpha to bring in some trees (Not perfect) and made it a daylight setting to give it that real feel of Wisconsin.
It's real to life, and if you don't think so, too bad!!! I think it is, maybe some banking and a caravan in turn4, may have helped but I like the driving experience on this one with it being so flat. The tyres maybe a problem but I think it adds to the thrill. The track is an extended verrsion of a chico track from DTRSC.
See what you think, and thankyou Shock for a great track buddy.
[/img] com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/wilmot_spdwy.jpg[/img]
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10101

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
lookn good ther paul...wait till u c the final version of lucas oil speedway that jammin is workin on.IMO it looks as good if not better than dt@lowes shock made.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10102

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
that sounds really cool F1. Wished I could get into my old PC. So many tracks to sort and share. HaVIN PROBS WITH UPLOADING PICS AS USUAL. mUST BE THE AGE THING, HA???

THE FRONT STRAIGHT
Attachments:

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10103

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
A btrand-new track coming up when I get the time is Hill Valley PA. I believe it has never been built for DTR and so I'm proud to offer it, although most Kiwi and Aussie races would hate me for being unpatriotic by not building downunder tracks, for us, but they are coming, I hope.

So this is what it looks like so far in Hill Valley. I am sharing real track pics, also so u can compare. Sorry I left off the real Google map aerial view.

Same position to my track being front straight.
A bit more work required being turn 1 bleachers to be placed and shed behind nth bleacher to be moved further nth and upward. Have not placed tyres in turns nor rutted it to same as Hill Valley's track. Whoever heard of racing on a dead smooth track ha???!!! Who made that one up? Oh yeah..; a guy that thought it made more sense!!!

Hill Valley is 3/8 mile and I have built it on a Manzy track keeping only the front fence and rfemoving some walls on back straight. Have not made an entrance to front straight from pit area, only exit on back straight, sorry.

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10104

• Jammin
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • Mess with the bull get the horns
  • Thank you received: 7
Lookn good paul glad to see u back at it
gota ask any chance i can have u try fix ai on this lucas oil
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10105

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
I knew I should have stayed quiet,Lol.
Het Jammin, anything for you BLS'sss. U hav my addy, right? Won['t be a prob as I know the track ain't square man. can't wait to get the first preview before anyone else!!!!

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10107

• Jammin
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
sure do thanks again paul i sent it out to ya so hope u like it so far
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10111

hey guys looking good

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10113

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
It's just me doin' the Hill Valley track, but thanx for the thanx, Darren.

Okay..; Wilmot Speedway is now officially up for download.... Knock yourselves out.

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10116

• xxx
  • xxx
  • Thank you received: 6
i live in PA and i dont know that i have ever heard of hill valley , or if i had hear dof it i thought it was a kart track
ima hafta look into this lol

edit to add :
its only 4.5 hours from me , weird , i prolly thought it was a kart track
it is closed for the 2011 season , at least thats what it says on it website , may be another reason it doesnt sound familiar
xxx

Last edit: by xxx.

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10117

• BLS_34
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 27
Hill Valley is a smaller track they were known for running 270 and 600 micro sprints. I raced there one time like in 97'. A few years ago the 305 sprints were the headline class.

Last edit: by BLS_34.

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10124

• SKM_18
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 23
Hey Paul we race our sprint car at wilmot speedway almost every weekend, and was the 07 track champ lol. cant believe ur making it for the game!!!

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10125

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Good one Wheel. Hope the track looks right. If it isn't, we'll blame Shock. Just kidding.... But if there needs to be some changes, then you better let us know, bud. Hope the trees look okay. I know that turns 3 and 4 should have had a half wall.., goin by pics, but finding something solid to make them with, let alone look right is something else but not impossible. Banking is probly not right. The track was one that Shock left for one of us to dabble with, so..; i've made it a bit like my version...All credit still goes to Shock for doin' the major work on it... I simply tweeked it here and there, being the scoreboard, the Alpha Texture for the trees and building a front safety fence plus some other textures, which I know are not great.
The A1 will be tweeked for the next version. Just don't have the time right now, and I should be getting back to Lucas...; Lol.

PS Hey Deadbolt...; can't believe how many tracks you Pensylvanians have over there.... Does look a bit like a Kart track. I just liked the look of the track and the name.... Looks like a cool place to race and be in with that lovely scenery, man.... The track won't be available a week or so. Need to get right with what little in pics that I have. Are there any votes for rutting the track? Don't all speak at once.

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10127

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Those are awesome Paul, good work. The more tracks the merrier especially unique ones like you're doing. Feel free to edit any of my tracks even the ones that were not in the unfinished category lol
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #10129

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Cheers for that Shock. It is nice seeing different tracks up for DL. No doubt I should have spent the hours on Wilmot but hey, visually it's still a good track and a lot different to the old Chico track that has been hammered by so many editors. Sad that they didn't push the boundaries and actually edit something on the original, but you have, and that's what we need.... It's a big improvement to the old Chico, making it look and feel exciting to race on. And thank you to for saying that about your edits. I love your work man, not to forget the other track shapers, ofcourse.... Mine are nothing in comparison, but we try. Happy to share. It all helps the community out and keeps this game alive and fresh.

PS Also cheers for placing that puic in, Shock. I tried man, but the button for uploading pic has been stolen.

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #11091

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
just an update to what I'm attempting to do for the new track Hill Valley PA. Had a lot of bother with getting more trees in let alone position them where they're needed. I have managed to put exrtra trees in before to other tracks but not a Manzy. Weird..!!! Well I've managed to do it...!!! Yeehaa...!!! Just have to position a bush near turn 2 and we should be good to go, apart from shifting a brqand-new front fence into position. I have done most of that as you can see fron updated pic. If you look further up the pic I had of orig edit shows a different fence. I will attempt to return it that. Otherwise, buildings are in position...

Now..; if anybody has pics tjhey can post here of Hill Valley, mainly turn 4 and pit exit, I would be ever grateful... Otherwise, track will be a close resemblance to real one, and all critics will have to be silenced till a newer version comes out. If this track had been offered for DL anywhere in past, please inform me... I have never seen it, but that doeasn't mean it would be exactly right... I want it right and I'm sure you do too.... Let us know, please... Track hopefully will be ready over weekend sometime...; maybe.... Have been very busy doin' decorating of son's flats, so oh well...

Post comments here if you have any, many thanx in advance.
Attachments:

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #11112

• Jammin
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
lookn good Pual need any help place alp let me know ill put some in for ya just gota let me know were u want it

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #11146

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
That's really cool.. Thanx for offerimg.m I have a real mess rto sort, but I tell ya what; if ya' hav sometime, instead a Tutorial on ALP changes and placing of objects would be cool. All I know is swapping ALP's is as far as I can manage. I know for a fact not many pep's wouold venture to do tjhat, but I find it the easiest way, although you still have to shift some stuff altering numbers like I'm doin rigjht now... I belive that Rhino is a good way of doin' it, although this old diehard has to still get the head around the converwsion thing.... Oh well.... Will let you klnow if I really get stuck.., but most things are now in place.. Thanks man.... Nice to know ur there fpr pep's..; amd me.

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #11178

• Jammin
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
Paul i could do tutorial for ya but i use rihno i dont think ur into that yet

Re: New Tracks Coming Up 12 years 9 months ago #11198

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Got my head around some of it.. Not ventured to convert an ALP file for Rhino.. Same deal is it?

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 44 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form