Thursday, March 28, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Figure 8 Tracks 4 years 3 months ago #74247

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
A new Thread to herald in the new year 2020... Thought I'd put that in.... and may we have many more.

Figure 8 circuits, arena's oval's are all necessary and were ordered to be a part of dtr2 as the tradition dates back to when DTR 1 was designed and made by Ratbag although don't quote me Leadfoot had fig 8's designed within that game and so I am kicking off this new Thread with one of those but if you do look you should find 2 more already put on VLR in this Forum for you being '8FL Panama Beach' and '8CA Ascot Park' check them out in the Offroading Thread. I experienced Figure 8 racing for the first time in Dirt Track Australia the Down Under version of DTR1. Sprintcars never bothered of course... for obvious reason's.

8WV Ritchie Fairgrounds (ficticious?) they says does exist and found in Pennsboro WV but coud be any Fairground so please forgive me for trying to do a surreal track but I hope you will enjoy the bumps and the Fairground attractions to bring this to life. The A1 works incase you were thinking it didn't ...with earlier Leadfoots in DTR2 not working. (Fixed). First of many I hope.

File Attachment:

File Name: 8WVRitchie...unds.zip
File Size:2,514 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLS_BW43

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Figure 8 Tracks 4 years 3 months ago #74248

dumb ? is this for dtr2 or leadfoot?

Figure 8 Tracks 4 years 3 months ago #74249

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
I know what this track is.... I did say that it was bumpy which refers to a Leadfoot and ofcourse the De2 does state it is Leadfoot 'show_1_bottle neck which I left in the file. But I do know what you're saying. I hinted at DTR2 having figure 8's already that Ratbag had been churning out these in various forms in each of their games (incl Leadfoot) over the glory days of dirt track... It is a Leadfoot not DTR2 but I have done the A1 years ago and it runs in DTR2 now so hey enjoy it.... It's a large lumpy figure 8 track and the Ritchie County Fairgrounds does exist (still..?)....Google earth places it at Tyler County Speedway derr which isn't right and no real evidence that Ritchie County Fairgrounds is actually Pennsboro Speedway but suggests it is interesting huh.... A confusing track for you I'm sorry and with a confusing appearance as a large stadium for such a place as Pennsboro Speedway although I did have Steel City in mind but with no decent Advert (logo) for my Overhead Start Gantry decided to do this one instead. Let me apologize to you and all others for trying to push this into what seems like the wrong category... but it is what it is... a figure 8 unless I stand corrected. Don't worry Darren there will be more figure 8 tracks that are like the real deal but these are not easy to make.Building new Figure 8's isn't easy the A1's always fine but needs to be fitted to the best suited track... I do have Teton County WY and Rockford IL in the works Teton the worst one but hoping to get these sorted early in the new year... Right now I'm doing a huge stadium in Santa Barbara CA as I'm hoping for (like many of you) a nice pleasant surprise the track was a figure 8 and now it's an oval (dirt). You will recall Candyland and I did have a close match but was never satisfied so I'm at it again.

Sorry for the babble. Cheers.

NB - Just a point to make... Would it be fair to say that Ritchie County Fairgrounds was the original grounds used and which became Pennsboro Speedway....? Love your input from you, Darren... a West Virginian.

Figure 8 Tracks 4 years 2 months ago #74296

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
This next track is a real track which closed back in 1999 in Massachusetts now a rollercoaster in it's palce.

8 Riverside Park MA orig dtr1 Thunder Alley DTR-AU Griffin Park. Randy did his version of it back in March 2004 but this track was never converted over to DTR2. Well now it has but the track has had tree roots growing under the highbanks neglected for 2 decades so I got out the weedkiller and squirted all of the Asphalt... but I didn't rub off the white lines which you will need to stay true on this track. It's a fair representation of Riverside Park I feel but feeling like I do of late not surprising I only managed to resurrect the thing..., but you should have fun on this and would make a great challenge to any Figure 8 series I'm sure. Enjoy....

NB - It is real bumpy okay but the LT I have allowed for compensates for any off road antics... you get my drift.

Figure 8 Tracks 4 years 2 months ago #74297

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
Gonna give them a run , I enjoy turning both ways. Nice looking work Paul.

Figure 8 Tracks 4 years 2 months ago #74298

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
I hope you find it fun to race but... the A1 is a tad slow sorry. Thanks for your kind comments BW. much needed.

This is a curiosity... Question.. Ray...? BMS Tri-City 2012 a curiously weird but nice edit. In fact I found it a delight when I was searching for a suitable A1 for Adams County V2 which needed a Bloomington A1 and guess what...? I found your edited trrack... but.... it's not a Bloomington it's a Chico and it's not sat in a way that all good Chico's should sit and found that indeed the A1 did suit as a Bloomington. Let me show you.

Okay I edited the A1 putting in a Weaver one fig8 just to keep this thread legit. Needs a lot of work I know.

Can you please explain this..? A truly great curiosity but how did you manage to do this Ray? I'm guessing Rhino. I'm guessing that whatever stretching you do to a Chico it will always suit up with the correct fitting A1..? Would Love to hear from you.

Oh and I did get a close match for Adams County but not a perfect fit.
Attachments:

Figure 8 Tracks 4 years 1 month ago #74301

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Yes... it's another one a Figure 8 for your new series... This was promised some time back after I had made the Saugus track which you will find to download in the Nascar Tracks Thread.

8CA Saugus ran till 1996 I think there may have been an exhibition meeting on since then using Hollywood celebrities but Figure 8 racing...? They did have these and the unusual chain gang race of 3 cars chained together check it out. Okay the A1 works and you shouldn't get a black flag for crossing across the yellow lines. I have done my best to make the lines clear but realised too that this is a defunct track so the weed killer rubbed out some of them sorry. Enjoy.

PS If anybody knows how to get rid of those annoying black shadows left behind from the removal of Haulers please let us know thanks. I had nothing else to give out so accept this rather rushed brand new fig 8 edit.... Oh and it is a semi night version for a change.

File Attachment:

File Name: 8CASaugus.zip
File Size:2,134 KB

Figure 8 Tracks 4 years 1 month ago #74302

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
Paul , I'm a speed demon, the AI is always too slow B) . I match my vehicle/wetness/tire compound to what makes a decent challenge speed wise so as long as the AI can stay on the track I can use them.

Where is Ray , he sure did crank out some great content for offliners I've came to appreciate as all his tracks have good AI , Shock may have had a hand in it too... I'm sure they worked together on a few things back then... god sakes you mention Tri City 2k12.... 2k20 where the hell does the time go. ?

Gonna try out Saugus now , keep em commin'

Figure 8 Tracks 4 years 1 month ago #74303

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
BW...? On only the fig8's or on every track I put out...? Saugus was a Dodge track with working A1 as in an Oval not a figure 8 so I stand proud to have reassembled what was a simple paperclip into a fig8... I can understand if many of us don't know how to build a track let alone fix it and each have their strengths in DTR but let me say this in my defence... the A1 was taken from the orig track Griffin8 (ThunderAlley8) and yes it's str and A1 was set by Ratbag which I didn't feel like touching as you don't need handicapping once you cross in the middle as you would know. Make your series and set the A1 higher that simple... If you don't then ask for a Thread to be made and we will endeavour to try and answer all questions... But... yes I could have sped them up and I am sorry that I failed to do so but as I also said tiredness is getting to me.

As far as Ray or Shock is concerned they are busy doing other things (Like some time warp..) Shock with I-Racing but with Ray not sure that's why I had a curious question for him in the hope he might come back in to yes get my answer that I'd love to hear (Rhino did it) even just to help out if he so chooses. I restarted VLR about 15 months ago as it had died 6 months prior to this and wasn't me who crashed it, and somehow I got lucky after 3 attempts of using various Passwords as I hadn't used mine since 2012 so as to post in here and choosing to keep DTR2 alive even if it's suppose to be dead and gone. I am an old dude who has not enough money to invest in a brand-new PC as this one is just over 13 Years old and still running (wow..!!) touch wood..., so I do everything by hand cracking numbers one by one. Ray, Shock, F1 and Jammin all used Rhino so a track could be churned out every few days possibly. we all miss them yes we do.... Would be handy to have the extra help but hey, it's just me the old hand that's tired and worn out already sorting some A1's and there is Hoover and Demonic the other Editors holding the Fort also with me and I hope you can sympathize with us as we put stress (demands) only on ourselves. We do appreciate any nice compliments for our measly efforts although I'm sure you have appreciated them, but myself, I'm my biggest critic and that's why Candyland sits half done and like several other tracks I started fixing it's just too much moving each individual piece of De2 you should try it yourself. it's quite the challenge. Sad right now, I am tired and losing a fair bit of confidence in myself I rely on in order to carry out the important tasks that keeps VLR alive by keeping you all coming in and enjoying the place and trying to give back to this community something a little different Leadfoot offroad tracks or figure 8's etc.. not just paperclips and of course only dirt.

I do thank you for posting in here regardless as all are entitled to share their opinions and it is sometimes nice to know that there are people who still are into dtr2.., and there are also many who can't post due to the Site crash and I try to keep things interesting like this Thread. I will try my best but I am what I am, old and slow and no longer feeling motivated enough to churn out tracks weekly. I still appreciate that you hadn't tried the Saugus track yet. There's hope for me yet.
Thank you BW and do hope I can try better for you..

Figure 8 Tracks 3 years 11 months ago #74324

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Thunderbird Stadium - Bremerton WA

I hope you'll are keeping safe and are at home. I am staying positive in other ways but thought I could atleast update the Figure8 thread I started to bring it up to date and share one I had made earlier. This is not an update it's being re-uploaded so no one get excited. Yes, it has been awhile since I posted anything but I need to be re-ignited in DTR2. I feel inadequate in a way to keep pumping out tracks for all (1 a week) it's not enough but then I never said I would. This old PC lives on as I do utilizing my Brain but of late.... Not functioning quite the same.

So stay safe and enjoy what has been dug out of the Anul's of this Site since it lost it's Guts.

File Attachment:

File Name: 8WAThunder...ad-2.zip
File Size:2,745 KB

If you like it or still love it leave a comment. We're all in this together.

Figure 8 Tracks 3 years 11 months ago #74325

hey paul glad hear ur still here and doing ok . we safe here trying stay that way if we can that is got get some more edits done but kids have my time at moment
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul D kiwi

Figure 8 Tracks 3 years 6 months ago #74398

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Big thanks to our support team DB, JMac, Demonic and Hoover and lets not forget Shock for without him this site would be no longer so thankyou from this Kiwi to each of you plus the many who support VLR by simply visiting.

Carson City Champion Speedway existed from 1963-2005 and the track is still there all bare the stands bleachers. It's been a dirt track, then an Asphalt track as well as a Figure 8 track too so decided to revamp the other track I had and put a day's effort into this one which I did have as Carson City it just needed a wee bit more effort. Info of the track editing is in the STR file. Hey...(Martinsville will come) but I need to stretch my wings breath and begin again. I hope it's a fair representative of the original track. Please enjoy and add it to you Figure 8 Series. Hope to put one out as soon as the bigger Fig8 tracks are completed. Pics of Carson. Not the same as DTR1 efforts trust me.

Okay here it is with new background and I know it;s a little rushed but at least it's Nevada right....?

File Attachment:

File Name: 8NVCarsonCity-2.zip
File Size:1,294 KB

P.S. A Nascar version of Carson won't be too far behind Martinsville... Look under 8 in your game to find track. Any issues please let me know or if you enjoy the track. A1 sorry is def still.

If you have managed to race me to this track and have grabbed the unfixed one grab this one. We needed another fig8 track to brighten things up.

Figure 8 Tracks 3 years 5 months ago #74407

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
This next track is one I have dreamed of having in my game. It is not finished as at present it is an obstocle course but uses the Weaver Fig8 A1 so makes it a little different. I do have an ordinary outdoor stad as well almost complete but this one should be next (touch wood)

Allentown PA fig8 coming. (A real place) but I don't beleive they run figure 8 races. Mostly midgets raced.

Attachments:

Figure 8 Tracks 3 years 4 months ago #74473

• demonic
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • SOMETIMES A REAL DICK
  • Thank you received: 32
Fix I think. Nova field of terror

File Attachment:

File Name: NovaFieldO...1-18.zip
File Size:1,157 KB
Attachments:

Last edit: by demonic.

Figure 8 Tracks 3 years 4 months ago #74475

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Excellant well done thanks for this Demonic. I would love to see this as a Quarry and thinking of, there was one put out as such but still, this is good enough. Pic for all to see Nova track fixed.
Attachments:

Figure 8 Tracks 3 years 4 months ago #74477

• demonic
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • SOMETIMES A REAL DICK
Thanks Paul The ai and it files are from southcental had to
Move the track to get them to work

Figure 8 Tracks 3 years 4 months ago #74481

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
well that takes the cake. I used the orig A1 file from Thunder Alley and doubled the rows and then did the same for LT. Impressive that you moved the track though. Def I see you've done but hey..., it works. Well done.

Figure 8 Tracks 3 years 4 months ago #74484

• demonic
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • SOMETIMES A REAL DICK
Here one more I did. The same way

File Attachment:

File Name: NovaMotors...1-19.zip
File Size:1,305 KB
Attachments:

Last edit: by demonic.

Figure 8 Tracks 3 years 3 months ago #74530

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Here is the NY fig8 track as per Fairgrounds Thread per NY Syracuse track. It runs but like the oval version has this weird background moving around and have attempted to settle it down by adjusting background De2 but only slowed it a little so hey.., I'm not perfect. Give me credit for trying. Accept this as another fig8 offering. Allentown should be next.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

./attachment]

Attachment not found

File Attachment:

File Name: 8NYSyracuse.zip
File Size:1,848 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: demonic

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 1.779 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 156 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form