Thursday, April 18, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74158

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
no.35 and this track I loved and hated when it was brought out. I have used the most updated version for you to enjoy... Why did I hate it...?

GLH V3 (yep that's what it calle) edited in June 2009 from dtr2 terrehaute base no doubt was made for GLH Motorsports a racing league like many others used the great skills of VLR Shock, F1 and Jammin to have a League track made for them but don't quote me I might be wrong on this one. This track was special as it started life as a paper clip track and it was shaped into a tri-oval a clever for it's day but the lightning...? Well I should have fixed that but in this instance was not my place to do so or criticize anothers' artistic flair so no fixing from me for this track... No changes made so this track is in it's orig creation only one texture dumped as it didn't belong. Enjoy.

File Attachment:

File Name: GLHV3.zip
File Size:5,731 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74159

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
This track that's next is an early edit by a team calling themselves North Carolina Bomber Racing NCBR for short (I guessed the name). Now it could be the same editor for the Whythe Raceway earlier on in this Thread not sure but it was an exciting track to race in the day.

NCBR Speedway. edit Oval Std 1 Feb 2001 it is a 1/3 mile clay surface and 18 degree banking although I would argue that. It was built also with a stunt ramp at the bottom in infield so you can jump a truck inside the track. Fun...

File Attachment:

File Name: NCBRSpeedway.zip
File Size:1,509 KB

Have some fun and to the editor... thankyou so much for something just a little different..
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74160

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
No.37 Just a quick one for ya'll..... Deserves a lot of praise for the efforts NSDRA and Dirt Wizard put into it....

DW Great Lakes V1 Dec 2005 base dtr2 Rodeo suggests 5/8 mile 24 degree banking ??? The ol' Brewery I think made the track barely seen in the Rodeo version of game track.... Was also walled all the way around a superb edit and that gets my no.1 tick....

File Attachment:

File Name: DW_Great_L...y-V1.zip
File Size:9,328 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74161

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
The track above was not fixed by me as it was already fixed but it was put up by me as it is a classic regardless of whether it needed tweeking or not.... Just thought I'd mention that so that the editor (s") don't get upset with me.

Sardis Lake 2 edit March 2001 (not the first edit by Jerry Carnathan Jnr Nov 1999) 3/8 mile clay, this one was the updated version nicely edited but not sure if Jerry had done this particular one but very popular a track on many download sites. I have fixed the deathwall and sorted the mixed up textures numbered wrong.

File Attachment:

File Name: sardis2.zip
File Size:1,332 KB

The original Sardis Lake Speedway Nov 1999 was similar to the DU_Australian tracks that all looked the same so please enjoy this one instead. Sardis Lake Speedway was in Batesville Mississippi so it says.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74162

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
You must think that I'm bored building new tracks or something..... Editing DTR2 tracks are a real pain when they've been a tri oval and turned into a small paper clip so the track fails to match the wall and.... Never mind but Thunderbowl will come it's a just a matter of having patients.

No.39 This one is not the most startling a little different to original base track from DTR-SC williams grove but I liked it just needed fixing in de2 (Sky) so that the background would show rather waive at you.... Fixed classic.

Cherokee edit Apr 2002 Dirt Wizard (not sure if this is the Cherokee Speedway but was not in folder for that named track but it appears to be Rick Cranks track please let me know if you know the real editor and I will give them the thanks.... I've given this track the classic status not because Flyer has his name in it... No, it's a nicely edited track for it's time with some great texturing (not sure if half the textures should have been in there spares) .... See truck in infield shows Flyer was around as early as 2001-2002.

File Attachment:

File Name: cherokee.zip
File Size:2,912 KB

Isn't that great Joe.....
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74163

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
No.40 wow....

This one...?? If I had it my way the background would have been fixed but I couldn't my apologies to the editor for my comment.... I had to see this track in another light.... It was a popular track for the day and several versions were made but each looked the same as I remember but I have uploaded it because it still ranks up there as a classic whatever some may think and for those who may not have had the privilege of having this in their game as it goes a long way back....

The Gorge 2 by WOW Team Oct 2002 and is a 4/10 mile clay 'D' Oval has 17 degree banking. Fixed nothing.... In it's original form. A1 a wee bit slow but appears to be no problems otherwise def dropped so yes great for offline just let me know .

File Attachment:

File Name: TheGorge2.zip
File Size:2,051 KB

N.B if any of these tracks I'm presenting have any issues please post in this thread and let me know what the issue is and will try to update that very track alright... Thank you to all the increasing numbers of DTR2 goers coming in here for a bit of the old classics.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74164

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Okay this track dates back to April 2002 (str) orig states made in Jan of 2000.. well atleast that is how I'm understanding this and perhaps there might be 2 edits for the one track and maybe by the same editing team but made differently the 1st having no inner walls.... Confused...?

Raceway Park 2 (not RP being edit Jan 2000 orig) '1' mile clay surface 8 degree banking... this one is by the WOW Team not sure if Adero did any of the editing (1sr version) apart from textures used from orig (?) the date of edit being.... April 2002 conv to dtr2 May 2003 which means it was one of the first to be converted over hmmmm... This was a successful conv because the NY track has a curiously bad inner workings but mostly the default texture dropping only the inner def and it seems to work plus the sky is blackened and the numbering in str lowered to 4 of each stops the nasty appearance of an extra texture pushing up and down similar to Williams Grove. A bit much for some of you to take in but the track works okay the A1 is good and no death-wall pretty certain great for offline... so thankyou WOW Team for sorting this track although it's not the version that should be in here the first one was the unique one but enjoy anyway still a colourful version of NY. Not a bad looking NY track edit. Keep an eye out for the original edit. Enjoy.

File Attachment:

File Name: RacewayPark.zip
File Size:2,239 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74165

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
I found this one on one of my first discs with DL's and what grabbed me was the preview and recall the site DirtComp somehow tied in with OnlineRacin so here is a bit of a classic for you all and I have fixed this track in more ways than one.... Some great texturing from a great editor for the day.

Bedford edit by Travis Senter (DirtComp) Onlineracin orig base DTR-SC pike and is a 3/4 mile clay track 8 degree banking made Jan 2001.

File Attachment:

File Name: Bedford.zip
File Size:2,356 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 6 months ago #74166

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
no.43 and counting...!!!!!

TVR3 edited dtr1 Oval Std 3 May 2002 by Flash24...? Well there is no other indications in the edit to show otherwise so forgive me if I have this track wrong. 1/2 mile clay says 22 banking but no on thiat... Always a nice track to race the background very different and yes the tower should have been dealt with but from an artistic point of view this track was really something to find on the Net back in the day 2002 I tell ya'. I have fixed nothing so is the same as of the day okay with someone kindly dropping the def..., not sure if I did it back in 2014 so you never know as I grabbed this from the only set of tracks I had saved way back.... Enjoy.

File Attachment:

File Name: TVR3.zip
File Size:1,882 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 5 months ago #74167

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Hi to all.... I am not well at present so please forgive me, I will get back up and running again as soon as poss. If you must know I have twisted my leg where it joins hip bone is stuffed so a lot of pain.... In-between times the odd bit of cleaning in my game netted this one....

No.44

Taladega2 Speedway AL dtr-sc taladega a 3/8 mile 17 degree clay surface named as 2 for it to work in game but a great thrill to race on A1 works great thanks to the orig person who adjusted it some many moons ago. This is the basic DTR-SC game track but is fixed deft put down so no death-wall. Dirt Wizard may as well take some credit for the Preview thanks guys. I fixed the defualt andI changed the orig walls to reflect the real track in Alabama but this track is not accurate it was the name it was given by Ratbag. Enjoy some nostalgia.

File Attachment:

File Name: taladega2.zip
File Size:2,876 KB

N.B. I have offered track before but have since dropped one set of adverts above wall.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 5 months ago #74168

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
No.45.

Lakeside Speedway by Larry Bullard Aug 2002 a great edit on a pm07 as these tracks are tricky to run when the inside wall is removed but he has made it easier for me to convert over to DTR2 so thank you Larry. A good representation of Lakeside in Kansas considering the era it was made.

File Attachment:

File Name: LakesideSpeedway.zip
File Size:2,217 KB

P.S. a note on a previous track I presented by Angry Aussie being that of Wagga. This track I have discovered as DU_Premier which I had made mention earlier that these tracks were like all the same so confusing I know but indeed Wagga was orig a Terrehaute not a Bloomington okay. But it is true I did fix the fence around it and glad I didn't take out the bump on turn 4 for J-Mac.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hooversracing4h

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 5 months ago #74169

thanks Paul tracks look run good most part hope u feel beter to . my entire family been sick then i go bit by possably a spider but im getting beter i may have few more tracks to release but either be fictoonal or simi real/fictional time tell

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 5 months ago #74170

Sardis Lake MS paul this track has death wall syndrom least does to me ai hits it and locks up lates what i use so far havent tryed with other classes i plan give track more grip see if helps though tip u to let u know my friend

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 5 months ago #74171

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
thanks Darren I am in more of a serious nature with bones now and sink even further into pain as the days go by... I have to get used to it until some Quack gets his head around it and stops treating me with some ignorant excuse as the disease which is treatable.... So sorry to hear you were bit by a spider... I hated the sight of them (Red Backs White Tails or the Huntsman spiders) while living in Aussie.

The Sardis Lake MS track not sure exactly where death-wall was struck by you as I have used LM'a on track the def was dropped (checked) as I do have the import feature to sort every Oval Std l 1 track so deathwall I am sure is fixed and I did check... I tested it good and hard and you can see there is no black flag or lockup and I climbed over wall even and nothing so if it has happened to you or anyone else please show me where.

Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 5 months ago #74172

ai keep smaking it in turns after 2 laps lock game up ill see what can do get location hope u feel beter friend

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 5 months ago #74173

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Thanks for thinking of me the pain is a pain but will carry on as one does... Hope you're better too....

Okay Sardis Lake MS and I have ugraded the inner files A1 str fog start etc in str and especially the LT file to make sure it runs as designed not by our editor or me but by Ratbag so if there is still any problems I am flummoxed. Let me know if you can put a finger on problem but from racing it fully... 4 laps without a flag (not a full race) I did notice some of the cars were misbehaving. Is that what you meant Darren...? If it starts it up again like before it's the A1 which is an erratic one as I have replaced as I said with the original files from the game but it can happen after several plays so then take this advice and

please delete Do and Da files in track folder to restart it up again as always.

File Attachment:

File Name: sardis2-2.zip
File Size:1,332 KB

P.S. Have given a full replacement sorry I should have double checked nature of track and please delete older track as it will stiil be of same name.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 4 months ago #74188

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
no.46

Powerslide Speedway (speedway) conv into DTR2 by Noseneseyet, yes another one from them great blokes and if you want another one of theirs too just click on my Nascar Thread for Flatrock just been uploaded.... P.S. if you do have any trouble with either tracks I have put up today please delete Do and Da folders in track folder.

PS Speedway June 2002 (to save any confusion) the A1 being reset by me plus terrain utilizing several edits of this track and retuned the Lap Times as well in str folder and I have used from another edit of this track (PA Motoplex Aug 2002) parts of Alpha and I fixed the roof on Stadium as it looked wrecked (I know it's a wrecked track) but it's a neat track to race on the A1 is keen and should be right for keen competion.

File Attachment:

File Name: PSSpeedway.zip
File Size:2,329 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 4 months ago #74193

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
no.47....

Lime Rock by Nosenseyet Nov 2002 version fixed deft and Alpha 2016 by me. I'm sharing in here as it is a classic even if it never ran in dtr2. I should have placed it in the Nascar section but if a series does get made this is guarenteed to be in it but beware the cars run okay but do slide off in certain areas of track it's not perfect so I'm thinking maybe a better updated version can be done for the Nascar Thread at a later date. I loved this track from the start it is an awesome job done by the editor as it is not your usual DTR Nocksville based track to end up this big so enjoy an almost perfect shaped Lime Rock Park circuit.

Try not to slide to far off the road as you will get a blackflag. I have widened the track terrain slightly and it hasn't improved or detracted from this.

File Attachment:

File Name: LimeRock.zip
File Size:1,856 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: demonic

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 4 months ago #74197

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Okay.. thanks for sticking around....

No.48.

Natchez Trace Columbia TN by Jerry Carnathan another of his fine edits.. this one dates back to April 2001found still on BST designs Web Site yes still running with DL's still available incl Nascar3 tracks etc. It's base track is a Stuart (dtr1 local oval) but has been cleaned of stadium and track been banked to nearly 20 degrees with clay surface not sure if it became an I-30 in real time but I know I have an updated version for that track just not finished so until then enjoy Jerry's one it's simple and races clean.

File Attachment:

File Name: trace.zip
File Size:1,415 KB

P.S. will save you putting it on your hardrive. Simple Winrar does the job.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 4 months ago #74198

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
no.49

Metra2 edit by WOW Team July 2001 base being DTR Oval Egg but....!!!!! It's not.... It apopears as being meshed with another base track 'DTR-SC Muskogee' really weird. In fact I call just short of amazing so the editor who did this please stand up....!!! You deserve the Classic Track Award for this as I have never seen an altered DE2 ever before (quote me if I'm wrong) but questions need to be asked of you as to what you did or how you did it. We all would appreciate you posting in here or through someone who you know so as to learn from this very unique piece of editing. I even attempted to alter the crowd but somehow the lights as big as they are just simply dissappeared and no matter what I did they never came back so... here is the original updated version for DTR2 I believe. Was a great track to race. Enjoy and sorry I have done nothing to fix this track... Innocent of all charges.

File Attachment:

File Name: Metra2.zip
File Size:2,679 KB

Would love to hear from you.
Attachments:

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 1.042 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 324 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form