Thursday, March 28, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74039

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
Yes a new Thread, I must be keen or totally potty!!!! In here I will occasionally fix repair what many would see as a Classic Track. I will start it off by giving you the first track and if you consider any track from early times speaking of DTR-SC etc just let us know or post it yourself but make sure please that it does work in DTR2 and there are no hitches death walls etc.

1- DC Raceway (Date approx 2004) made by No Sense Yet.

File Attachment:

File Name: DCRaceway.zip
File Size:2,168 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74040

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
One from the SimGuys remember them. I would guess to this track going back to near 2001. Based on DTR-SC terrehaute.

Sim Guys Superspeedway 1/2 mile clay banked states it's 4 but more like 24 degrees. Sorry forgot to change that part but I did change the texture for the end build turn 1. Should run well.

It was a great track in it's day a Classic.

File Attachment:

File Name: SimGuysSup...dway.zip
File Size:2,905 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74047

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
this track was put out as Bayou (MAD DOG FABRICATION, JERRY D. CARNATHAN,) with no real editing done.

Golden (Golden Isles) changes only done with adverts and trucks which I have used as they were and editing of both track edits done before Jan 2004. It's a track from DTR1 named Eagle Raceway NE and DTR-Australia was Carpenter Speedway SA.. BMP the only other from around this time with much editing done. Will post after this track release. I believe one other was done called Alberta Speedway. I have added this to my track list but only as a piece of nostalgia from DTR-AU. I searched form tracks in South Australia and believe it or not there was one that fits being a large tri-oval. I placed Carpenter as Port Augusta. So enjoy.

Port Augusta 3/4 mile Clay 24 degree banking.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74048

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
As stated BMP Montana made by WOW team some extra editing had been done there in 2003 nice textures. I have changed the terrains but should you choose orig I have left it in the folder. I have also cleaned out all the rubbish psp's left inside that do nothing but clog the track. Enjoy another classic track.

File Attachment:

File Name: BMP(2).zip
File Size:2,218 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74049

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Another WOW Team effort but sadly for so long this track was unable to be used offline due to A1 being wrong for the re-sized track but still deserves to be regarded as a Classic. The track does represent Electric City well of the Great Falls Montana so please enjoy.
PS The A1 is not a hundred percent as tyres are a bit close but I do have an idea for this track so I will do the right thing and call it mine when that time comes... (Move the Tyres). but I have re-sized the signage down turns 3 and 4 as they were over the top in height which spoils the look of the track. Terrains are the same as orig and no textured have been changed.

File Attachment:

File Name: ElectricCityV2.zip
File Size:1,833 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74050

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
You might think I'm an old Montanian. No, Kiwi but a WOW fan? Yeah I think I am. They put out these fab Previews to entice you in.
Downunder here we Tucket Angry Aussie whatever name brings back the memories but can I say that Angry did make me angry when his site offered a way to edit in a particular way. Hit the button and you got the birdie. Sad and not a good way to lead others to learn and be absorbed into the game. So okay if you answer me I would love to hear from you.
This next track is from the Dirt Madness Team in Oz (Australia). Not a brilliant edit as it's the same as Grampians which had a better scene but was textured well and yes the Default texture had to be dropped fopr this to run in DTR 2. A big thanks to you Yenko the champion of DTR for all of us who does the right thing and shared these tracks. Now I have to find the rare ones. Anyone got Fuo tracks? I got shutout of that site through no cause of my own.

Lightning Gully (No lightning) if you were thing that.

File Attachment:

File Name: lightning_gully.zip
File Size:1,691 KB

I know I shouldn't have.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74051

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Okay here is the Angry track that made us sit up and take notice of the Man. A fine edit although the Alpha was somewhat screwed so I have done my best to post this track ion the classics to keep me and you interested. Must be all on holiday.
Premier. Not sure the exact naming of this but the other one was a really nice edited version being DTR2 but I give this edit top marks for being one great track stretching back to at least 2003 not bad but requires some work to include in the Downunder tracks sorry. I would have but I am showcasing the classic tracks as they are.

File Attachment:

File Name: Premier.zip
File Size:2,537 KB

Hat off to you Angry. Thankyou.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74052

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
This is a very old track probably early 2001 DTR-SC Santamaria based track made by RM tracks and received as a wonderful place to race. I have had to drop the default texture then re-do the adverts. Some walls are down but can't remember whether they were originally like that but for everything else it's up and going so enjoy a real classic track.

File Attachment:

File Name: Beckley.zip
File Size:1,944 KB

The track did represent the real Beckley so much more than the later version I feel so...
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74053

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
I must be mad.... Another Angry track this one was in it's day the best down-under track Newcastle. That was 2001 and the Moon hung just above turn 1 looked great. Believe it or not it was done using a Texture from the track. The only thing Matt Tuckett wasn't much good at although I can't say that straight out as it was during the DTR1 and Sprintcar phase so Alpha would show up on a 4 grouping. Oceanside night was similar but sadly I could not save his so please accept compensation with my Stadium lights I placed around.

File Attachment:

File Name: Newcastle.zip
File Size:1,951 KB

You did good Angry. I still have some more down-under edits to go but need time to do them. Hope I'm not boring too many.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74054

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
This is a Bullard DTR-SC Nitro track edit. The background was annoying due to the conversion into DTR2 with the sky moving all the time so I changed the measurements of the outer walls for the Sky and it to worked so hope you like this one. It was an easy one to fix so here, grab it while you can.

File Attachment:

File Name: TulsaFairgrounds.zip
File Size:2,945 KB
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74055

Paul D kiwi wrote: This is a very old track probably early 2001 DTR-SC Santamaria based track made by RM tracks and received as a wonderful place to race. I have had to drop the default texture then re-do the adverts. Some walls are down but can't remember whether they were originally like that but for everything else it's up and going so enjoy a real classic track.

File Attachment:

File Name: Beckley.zip
File Size:1,944 KB

The track did represent the real Beckley so much more than the later version I feel so...

Paul I never knew this was ever made fore dtr2 or converted for that mater (just a note) in last few years they have made ton changes to track

Last edit: by Hooversracing4h.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74056

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Much appreciated. Just simply giving a big hurrah to the hard yards done oin those early days when there wasn't a lot of info etc to help them. Many tracks I have found seemed a lost amount of time although they were getting into it for the first time. I was one of them and I was given Beans for my Waikaraka Park by an Aucklander' who said "have you ever even been there?" and at the time I felt hurt but then it did me good to take some criticism it helped me to improve. t's never easy to tell someone "hey that's not what that track is ". You obviously know which track has been re-done. Darren? Post it in here with a nice pick. Love to see it as my dowenloads only extend from 2001-2009. All tracks after that have been from VLR and some from IFTR as my PC melted and lost a whole lot of tracks many I had buolt to a 75pc finish. It nearly broke me but I picked up the pieces and started again.. Thanks for letting us know about the newer Beckley. The track is a fun track though. Like that 'Wythe Raceway' which is one someone needs to make.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74057

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Much appreciated. Just simply giving a big hurrah to the hard yards done oin those early days when there wasn't a lot of info etc to help them. Many tracks I have found seemed a lost amount of time although they were getting into it for the first time. I was one of them and I was given Beans for my Waikaraka Park by an Aucklander' who said "have you ever even been there?" and at the time I felt hurt but then it did me good to take some criticism it helped me to improve. t's never easy to tell someone "hey that's not what that track is ". You obviously know which track has been re-done. Darren? Post it in here with a nice pick. Love to see it as my dowenloads only extend from 2001-2009. All tracks after that have been from VLR and some from IFTR as my PC melted and lost a whole lot of tracks many I had buolt to a 75pc finish. It nearly broke me but I picked up the pieces and started again.. Thanks for letting us know about the newer Beckley. The track is a fun track though. Like that 'Wythe Raceway' which is one someone needs to make.

Or this one. West Virginia have the tracks. There no doubt was a Wythe put out that I recall. Yeah and a 'Beckleu Motor Speedway. Not sure about those but here's a cool looking venue. Wythe Raceway.

Just post them Darren as you find them. That's why I've setup this Thread but I felt Classic is about pre DTR2 if possible. Can't rull out a fantastic track for early DTR2. You know what I'm saying.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74058

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
My apologies to you all regarding that a previous track I uploaded was not correct. Yes it was the Carpenter track from DTR-AU for any who do remember that classic game from Ratbag but the track was ready running apart from converting it into DTR2 only. For me it was a rare sight but didn't need fixing as the Thread states. Further to the comment about comments from the past was in my KTWW days I believe 2004 I did Waikaraka Park track. I agree with the person. It was wrong of me to try and put a track out to a community that didn't represent the true track, even though I felt I had done so much work to change the track which has instead provoked me into building a better one, my challenge to myself to yes prove myself to the DTR community, So many of us fail to learn more because we are so vulnerable to criticism, shame. We all make mistakes and if we learn to take the criticism on the chin we'll learn from those things. X-Man, if you are about and you may be a member of VLR love to hear from you. You did have an amazing talent in shrinking tracks, Cars and never shared this although no doubt Excel has some part in it. DTR2 is in it's twilight days there's still time buddy.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74059

DNCRWythe thats 1 been releasd years ago still good track i run in offlines DNCR if i rember was Dirt North Carolina racing if i rember right

if u have vlr link to downloads its in there do search if web page lets u if dont have link ill tag on here for u

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74060

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
That'll be cool to check out. Sorry if I got a bit carried away but been around DTR since 2001 which is when I downloaded Demo of DTR-Australia what a cool game. Within a week I had added a few tracks and back then you could see there was some difference between the originals ofcourse most were DTR1 tracks but even then DTR-Sc tracks could work easily too. But you probably got where I was coming from regarding critics and I maintain I may have been angry with the couple of them I had but you move on with greater determination to succeed and this game has given me great pleasure not to mention all the wonderful edits that come my way. I must have missed the one you mentioned but I take it it looks and feel just like the real Wythe Raceway in that picture. So cool. Better go and see now that I have finished the Super Patriot. Check it out and let us know Darren. Thankyou my friend.

PS I think I know the one. DNCR Wythe is a Junction track if I remember but I didn't find it in the VLR downloads list which must mean it is inside the DTR Tracks by Al Yenko. I will look and if decent okay I will post but you could. I have another track to off load. Tomorrow....

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74062

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
DNCRWythe ? I have spent sometime out looking through about a dozen Data Discs and nothing yet but I should have it so Darren; if you have it and it runs good no problems then upload otherwise I will put up my Sth Texas as a replacement in this thread if that's alright. Sth Texas I'm sure is the name for the DTR1 version while I remember DTR-AU Junction as it wasn't till 2004 that I bought DTR1 which I never played as in the same set was the whole collection of DTR Ratbag games minus DTR-AU stupid I thought. I also have the fixed track which runs perfectly if you'rs isn't fixed. I will keep on looking but does get me caught up with all the old stuff. Some is good... Like this one....

Gold Mountain remember it? Made by the ASCRA guys sometime in early 2003 I think. Never ran in DTR2 and can't remember anyone converting it over properly to run. June of 2003 is when I uploaded it. I loved it as it was colourful without the harsh burnt colours many were using sadly at that time and although a long track it was fun with the nice soft terrains the inner walls to dodge at each bend and the surrounding audience (not sure if these were before the Dirt Bristol edit) and gives the fixture some zing. Made from Pike DTR-SC. It shouldn't have any issues as I have hit every wall. The A1 was the corrupt part of this track. Enjoy... and Darren get back with that link for the track. I have looked and nothing survived the crash for that particular track. Plenty of others but not that one.

PS I appollogise to all the Downunder and Nascar fans that I haven't delivered. Will try my best to get Gizzy done.
Attachments:

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74063

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74064

sure does Deadbolt and ty srry Paul been busy with kids here havent had much free time to do anything first weeks are crazy and have 1 more to start in sept lol

Classic Tracks Fixed 4 years 7 months ago #74065

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
It worked alright. So sorry I got a little lazy still had another 3 discs to go. DeadBolt cheers my friend. And Darren I do apologize for thinking it was a Nth (Sth) Texas track. My mind must have been playing me tricks after looking at so many skins etc but let me just say it has been educational.
So today I will look at the track if it's a goody maybe we should put it here with the other classics although I wouldn't say that every one could agree with my idea of a classic.

Okay sorry I didn't mention about sorry that you're busy with the kids. It's all cool and yeah I have got this in hand. In saying that here is the track we have all long waited for.

DNCRWythe is a DTR-SC Hagerstown 1/2 mile with 23 banking not 12 as stated in the new str file. This track is worthy to post because it didn't run, not on my computer. Reason was probably Vista..!!! This as Darren puts it is a nice track fun installed although let me comment further. Dirtncracer the editor had done a great job way back in Dec 2001 a very old track indeed. So much credit to him. The only critism... The terrains are a bit over the top the hills don't really capture the true splendour of thie rural Retreat right there in Virginia. Would love to build upon this edit if Dirtncracer permits me too.

The turns require a bit more banking (F1 would agree) and I'm not being petty honest. The audience should be seen on the side of an incredibly high bank similar which will be like Beckley posted further back. A big thank you to those assisting in this track being brought here and back to life again in DTR2.

File Attachment:

File Name: DNCRWythe.zip
File Size:2,410 KB
Attachments:

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 1.128 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 98 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form