Saturday, April 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

wanna race 9 years 5 months ago #62238

• DBR#9
  • DBR#9's Avatar Topic Author
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
  • Thank you received: 0
i need help downloading cars and series and that and i need a place were i can race bc i'm only 15 but i love dirt racing and i cant find anyone on the game so i just run by my self so if u can help please private message or get a hold of me thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

wanna race 9 years 5 months ago #62240

• Smallz
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 25
Download Yahoo Messanger & add me SmallzJunior7 - I will help you with what I can.

wanna race 9 years 5 months ago #62243

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
www.teamvlr.com/index.php/community-menu...eague-schedules.html

This is your friend. It shows what and where is running.

www.teamvlr.com/index.php/community-menu...entrilo-servers.html

Also your friend. Has the information to the Ventrilos we use. Theres 3 active. One is the VLR vent, used on Sundays when VLR and possibly some others host races in there. The DTA vent is used Thursday night. BLS_B2 (Licmer as some call him) hosts his races out of this vent. The only other one that's active is the (in ABC order so nobody gets pissed at me) is the AIR/BLS/JFR/SDC/XCR vent. Yes we all use the same Ventrilo and share this one. If you ever meet JFR Duster, thank him. Its his and he lets us use it nightly since theres races in that server on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

Have Vent?

www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Client is free. You don't have to pay unless you want your own server to race in.

In game you'll want to know these numbers.

216.52.148.185:3226X
216.52.148.185:122XX
74.91.122.77:322XX

First number, these are what we race in on most nights. Be sure to have what is needed to run (which means have the cars, Skin for the cars AND the track. Don't come in without one or any of those. Its an easy way to anger people when you come in and they get kicked out of the server because you don't have either the car or the track.) There's currently 3 different numbers like this one in use. The last digit is listed in Ventrilo when we're in there racing/practicing.

Second number, just like the first one except these are more the community servers (formerly and possibly currently known as Browser servers) We don't hold league races in these servers so you can basically run whatever you want in them. The last 2 digits are also listed in the AIR/BLS/JFR/SDC/XCR Ventrilo.

Third number, These are Shock's/VLR's servers. All VLR races are held in these servers and he normally has about 6 of them up. Maybe more. Last 2 digits differ between the racing servers and the practice/browser servers.

These servers are free to use but are paid for out of their owners pockets. JFR Duster and VLR_Shock are the owners of the servers and 2 of the vents. They do not own them together and these are 2 separate entities. You are not required to but donations are accepted by both. To donate to Duster there is a link in the bottom of that Ventrilo. To donate to Shock, you can donate here on VLR's website.

Do you have a Yahoo mail account? If yes, great! if not, skip this next part.

messenger.yahoo.com/

Download this. We frequently use this to send cars/skins/tracks/setups to help each other out.

Some good websites to know:

DTA: dirttrackassassins.wix.com/dtr2assassins

Has some tracks and chassis available for download as well as the Dirt Track Assassins series information on it.

BLS: blsdtr2simracing.wix.com/blsdtr2simracing

Has the information for the BLS team and its sanctioned series on there.

XCR: xcrdtr2.wix.com/xcrracing

Team XCR's website. Has information as to the Monday night series, Friday Night series and the Sunday Rookie series on it.

VLR: www.teamvlr.com/

Congrats you've made it to a website! VLR here has a forum for BSing/complaining/getting information out/crying/pretending to be somebody/asking for help etc etc. There is also a vast download section where you can download cars, skins, tracks, even editing programs if you want to get into creating cars and tracks, its not easy and I don't recommend it unless you have the time to actually sit and do it. If its needed for racing, you can probably find it here.

IFRT: www.ifrt-dirtracing.com/

Former team that used to run here in DTR2. On their site they have what may be the largest collection of tracks on the internet. If you cannot find it on DTA or VLR, odds are you can find it here.

Now in case that is too long to read, I'll compact a list of what you ABSOLUTELY MUST NEED in order to race.

The chassis being ran- there could be one, there could be 3, there could be 12-15. But if they're all the same car, you MUST have them all. You don't have to race them all, but you need them all or else they won't show for the person that is using the chassis you don't have.

Skins for the chassis- An absolute must. You need to have at least 1 skin per downloaded chassis. If you don't have a skin, the chassis won't show up in your game and if you come into a server, the chassis won't show up in anybody else's game. Good way to make people angry by doing this.

Track being ran- If you do not have the track in your game that's being ran when you come into the racing server, people will get angry.

The 3 above, if you download them while your game is on and running, you will have to shut your game off and start it back up.

Ventrilo- This is where you find out what server you have to report to for your heat/feature. Lineups listed in chat. This is needed so you can hear if theres a restart.

Microphone- This is so we can hear you. This is to be used while NOT racing. The ONLY time you are allowed to key up and talk during a race is to call a restart. Restart rules are said before you start racing.

Got it? Yes? No? Maybe? Well you'll get it after awhile. Some people understand quicker than others.

Some of the chassis that are currently being ran that you should really download if you want to race with us:

SDLM (available on DTA, only 1 chassis for this car)
LM Sportsman (Available here on VLR. Only 1 chassis for this as well.)
CLM 2013 (Also available here on VLR. 3 different chassis included in this particular car.)
Gen5 Late Model (Here on VLR. There are 12 chassis under that name. You need all 12 to race a Gen5 race)
BLS LM (Available both here and on DTA. There's 13 of those and they all handle differently. You need all 13 to race BLS LM races)

Disclaimer: Just because you have everything you need, donated all the money in your pocket to the servers and vents, and downloaded the best setups in the game (you'll need those too btw), you WILL NOT BE FAST. DO NOT show up to your first race expecting to win. Some of us have been at this for YEARS. The only way you'll get faster is with seat time and practice. Right now there's 2 open races a night on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Fridays. One open race on Saturdays and Sundays, and a Rookies Only league (Hosted by XCR58 and Team XCR) on Sundays. The more you race, the better you get. The cleaner you race, the more you'll be liked. The more you try to learn and try to get better, the more likely you are to get better faster and be helped.

Its best to show up about an hour BEFORE the race is scheduled to start. If the race starts at 9pm eastern, be there at 8pm eastern so you can get practice and ask for help.

DO NOT show up 5 minutes before the race starts and start asking what car and what track is being ran. You only hurt yourself doing that.

One more thing, the people you are racing against are just that. We are REAL PEOPLE. We also take this seriously to a certain degree. Drive us how you want to be driven. If you get into somebody and wreck them, bump them, spin them, even if you just bang doors and it moves them up off the track, APOLOGIZE. If it was an accident, then say "sorry" I've been here like 4 years and I say sorry like almost every night when I get into somebody. This is racing, its a contact sport and sometimes its unavoidable. Most times it is if somebody lifts or uses their brakes, but still sometimes just hard racing can cause wrecks. So just drive others how you would like them to drive you.

A good way to earn some respect, if you are lap traffic, DO NOT race or hold up the leaders. The best thing to do while new is get out of the way of the leaders if they're lapping you.

I think I covered most of the stuff you need to know. If you have any questions ask in the thread here and somebody may answer, or get in vent before a race starts and you can ask then too.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLS_BW43, Atwood_777

wanna race 9 years 5 months ago #62245

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
j mac thats a nice noob guide......

only things i can add is theres TUTORIALS on how to install everything on here look for it

, MANY problems with add ons are due to folders inside of folders in your data folders !

theres setups on here and some of those sites..... DOWNLOAD... and try ALLyou can find time to test out.. resist the temptation to count on others to send you sets... u'll learn nothing!

. theres a setup solution chart on here to help you with tuning look for it

you will likley be .2-.6 off to the fastest drivers till you get some seat time

Last edit: by BLS_BW43.
  • Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 226 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form