Thursday, March 28, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61308

• HEARTLAND1
  • HEARTLAND1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 10
Whanted to throw it out there..... What view do you use to race..... and, or practice in.... . TOP CLOSE........... TOP DISTANT.......... BUMPER VIEW............... COCKPIT................ Whould like to get some feedback to compare peoples lap times to their VIEW , they are using, in doing so.................THX..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61311

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Top Close. BLS_18 uses in-car
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61312

• Goldfish
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Ohio Overseer
  • Thank you received: 76
Top Distant.
Straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers.

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61313

Top Distant

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61314

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
Top close and I also believe that BW uses in car view as well,which i find to be really cool because i could never do it.

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61315

• HEARTLAND1
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
I use TOP CLOSE, as well..... And have never really put any time in on COCKPIT view.. seems MUCH HARDER... SURPRISED,, Though, no one has said BUMPER CAM ,VIEW yet.... GEUSS A QUESTION TO RAY...... SHOCK....... and others who design and or EDIT tracks is whats your thought on being able to "SEE " the GRIP LINE much better. Cause you can see the track ALOT better with FRONT BUMPER CAM.... in your opioion, could you guys who adjust on GRIP LINES ... be able to see them better......................... And FISH.... You like TOP DISTANT... cause you can see cars around ya better ??

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61316

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Although there are visual references that some folks use to run a certain line there are no intentional references added to a track surface to actually see grip at least not by me. There is no exact science to gripping these tracks some just turn out or race better than others.We do all we can to make 2 fairly equal racing lines but unfortunately it just doesn't work out. But to answer your question "No the view you use has nothing to do with seeing a racing line better" but it was a great question.

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61317

• VLR_RB!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 62
i use top distant not becuase i can see the line cause like ray said the line isnt always visable but because i can see my surroundings better to remember where my points are to hit the line
TIRE MASTER!!!!!

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61318

• HEARTLAND1
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Good responses.....Hope more will follow................ QUESTION ....DOES ANYONE HERE ,, Actually have a SIT -IN simulator... you know... racing seat.... more than 1 screen Good set of pedals and wheel ..... Was just puttin it out there.... My nephew, who is strictly a RFACTOR racer .....Has that whole get up...3 screens.....seat...... ..and a good force feedback wheel and pedals... He made the frame himself... then added the rest by purchasing ONLINE...... IT"S a super computer to run the 3 diff screens.... Has bout 1.200.00 in it.... but like i said, he made the frame from wood himself. But anyway...... any of the people racing here have that or pretty close??? And do you think it is a advantage...........?????????

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61319

I use in car with a momo wheel and pedals. When I see a late model driver sitting on his roof driving I will try it in the game as well. I don't have a 3 screen super computer setup, but I did install a cup holder on my desk.

Don't know any advantage to having a simulator, other than its bad ass. And when your friends come over to play Dungeons and Dragons they will be super jelly.

If you google homemade race simulator, there are all kinds of cheaply made, good seats out there. I would make one, but I don't have a place to put it where the end result wouldn't end in a divorce, with me living on the street and rummaging for food in dumpsters behind Long John Silvers.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Col. Sanders

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61320

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Was a guy in here from Australia (William I think) who had an actual sprint car chassis for a racing simulator

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61325

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
In Car View for sure, Mirror ON to see if clear when passing or to give room when being overtaken gets me as close to the REAL experience as possible NOT to mention I can't drive a lick from any other view.

Not sure I've ever heard of anyone getting more than 1 screen to work with DTR2

Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel .... stock mediocre pedals screwed to floor....... Bout time for upgrade on both B)

3 plane adjustable custom made Table space for Wheel and Monitor...wheel screwed down also !

Captains Chair from mid row of Full Size Conversion Van w/6 1/2 " lift .... of course the Adjusters on forward and back as well as Back angle still function(even the seatbelt still for those TIRED nights OR good COMEDY).... FAR more comfortable than ANY racing seat I've sat in :woohoo:

THE WORST problem I have , I've Lost 100 lbs and have NO Jelly Roll left to BUFFER elbow and WHEEL motion ... during the weight loss process the ADJUSTABILITY of ALL has been TESTED to the MAX :laugh:

Last edit: by BLS_BW43.

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61330

• HEARTLAND1
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
THX For all the responses.... The cup holder, is a nice addon..LOL. Was just curious to what you all had.SHOCK, You have not " Q " d in.... Whats your "WHIP" consist of.......OH, as far as DTR2 coming in on the SUPER PUTER 3 SCREEN MEGATRON..... lol... He has not installed it, as of yet... Hope to spend more time at his place this winter when racing comes to a end for us....But i think it would not matter... it takes your one screen and breaks it down to 3 bigger screens, that are placed in a arch position...... He uses in car as well... and uses that look left...look right control button on his wheel ...to see people beside him. QUIET IMMPRESSIVE. And since we do have that option here in DTR2.... ALMOST SURE IT ILL WORK FINE. Things get done as far as me gettin the game on his setup... i will upload a video this winter to show you what it can look like........... So...SHOCK.... TELL US WHAT YOUR WORKIN WITH. lol. ...thx guys...........

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61331

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Actually DTR2 does have the look left and look right options lol.

I said I use the close chase aka top close view. Other than that I don't really have anything special going. Just a widescreen LCD 22" Monitor and a beastly computer

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61333

• HEARTLAND1
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
I been OFF on my way of thinking, i was figureing the darker lines in the track... was GRIP LINES... and since that is not the case.... could someone... SHOCK...RAY....18 ... Be able to post on this thread..... a arieal (spelling) top view of any track that you are in the top 3 of the FAST TENS on.... JUST A DRAWING OR OUTLINE OF THE PATH YOU TAKE,,, So others can try to match it and see if it betters their lap time...... ANY TRACK... SAY HARRISON... RODEO... Something you don"t race on here anymore... or as much....And i know we will say.... top 1-2 bottom3-4 BUT A ACTUALL TOP VIEW LAYOUT OF YOUR PATH... THAT IS ON THE TOP OF THE LEADER BOARD FOR FAST 10 ... Would be interesting for others to go try........... P.S. Gears would be helpfull too............. Can anyone one of you guys willing and or able to do that?..........................

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61337

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61338

• HEARTLAND1
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
SHOCK.. You SIR.. are so freaking awesome... NOW, There is ABSOLUTLEY no way somebody who is a starter in this game, Can not at least improve there lap times at these tracks.........It does take time, but, with this HOW TO map, no reason not to improve.................. I will post in here every time i better my lap time or 10 lap AVG..... AND HOPE OTHERS WILL FOLLOW SUIT.THX SHOCK FOR PUTTIN THIS TOGETHER................................

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61344

• HEARTLAND1
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
1st track attemp....EAGLE....3rd try = a TOP TEN TIME in BOTH 1 lp avg + 10LP avg........... IT WILL WORK.........

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61345

• HEARTLAND1
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
THE SET-UP Used for this....And other tracks SHOCK shown here...Can be found here on the VLR download page....... UNDER SHOCK set up package ....................

RACING VIEW ............... 9 years 6 months ago #61348

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
Those line charts were on here already , it's amazing what u can find here if you do a search in the searchbox!

I personally wouldn't know how to make anything like them.......... I DOWNLOADED EVERY SET I COULD FIND on VLR,IFRT,DOIT sites and try as many as possible even still when i get a chance AS YOU NEVER KNOW whos or what SET may work for your driving style or DIFFERENT chassis or ADD ON track that there's no set for. I change the WHOLE set package generally instead of trying to TUNE whatever to a track first. Some sets are 1 lane wonders, I go for TRT and lack of dropoff in unpreferred lines.

I also include in my practice working a track from the TOP to start then working LOWER/DIFFERENT entry and exit angles, even trying different DRIVING STYLES finding the grooves(SHOCK STRIPS :P ) that produce good times.
I try to never MARRY myself to the best line as u'll need to find an ALTERNATE way around someone who may be running the best line in a race without SHOVING them out of the way.

HAPPY MOTORING!

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 134 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form