Thursday, March 28, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73387

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73391

• J-MAC
  • J-MAC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Race #11
3/15/17
Port Royal Beta

4 cars.
A main: VLR_Shock, JFR_Faschek, J-MAC, B1

Win count:

*VLR_Shock- 3
VLR_JW- 2
VLR_Atwood- 1
J-MAC- 1
JFR_Faschek- 1
*Blake28- 1
18- 1

Shock has luck on his side as he takes the lead just has the snow starts falling at Port Royal hard enough to cancel the remaining 5 laps due to lack of visibility. Track pick for Thursday night 3/16/17 will be another new one as we dust off the new surface of Path Valley Beta
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73392

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 124
I fucking froze while leading FML :pinch:

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73396

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Unfortunately due to 30 inches of snow falling on the surface of Path Valley Speedway this week, track officials have been unable to clear the surface in time without massive erosion of the track taking place. Therefore, the 11pm Series will head south to the Dirt Track at Charlotte for a great night of racing!

Track is here:

teamvlr.com/index.php/en/community-menu/...-charlotte-2017.html

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73397

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Ok. From now on only tracks currently available for download can be picked. No more uploading the night of the race and changing the track pick when the track can't be finished.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73399

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Boo freaking hoo. Too bad you don't want new tracks to be ran. If you hadn't made the dumb rule that a track MUST be picked that night even if it hadn't been released yet then this would never happen. It's not like there was a way to practice Path Valley anyway since it's an all new track and hadn't been released, so I don't see what the problem is. Back in the day Lazy would have me regrip a track WHILE the race was starting. I uploaded it in plenty of time for people to get laps on. I worked on path valley all day but it ended up being too complicated to get done in time. I just don't see what the big deal is and what a rule like that solves. I could see it if someone who doesn't make tracks picks a track that exists already and then tries to change it the next day, but I'm trying to make BRAND NEW tracks for the game almost every single day and so sometimes things don't go to plan and there has to be a change. With you demanding a track pick the same night from someone who makes new tracks all the time it puts me in a bind because I have to think of a track on the spot when I may not even have one in mind to make yet. That's why I'd rather wait until the next morning after i can look up some tracks online to see which ones I could do quickly to give us something new to race. Dumb rule if you ask me, at least from a track making standpoint. For regular racers who pick it makes sense but if we want new tracks then it's a dumb rule

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73400

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
I'm sorry you think 24 hours longer to make a track is a dumb rule instead of changing the track during the day because you picked something and didn't finish it.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73401

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'm sorry, but how does changing the track from one non-existing track to another non-existing track (actually DTAC is just a newer version of an existing track so if anything people are more familiar with it) make a difference in the grand scheme of things? I'm sorry that you think it's perfectly normal for a track to be completely done in 24 hours. It literally means NOTHING that Path Valley was switched to DTAC. It's a brand new track so it's not like anyone was missing practice time at a track that doesn't even exist.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73402

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Nowhere did I ever say its normal for a track to be completed in 24 hours. You're the one thinking you can do it. And this isn't the first time you didn't. All I'm saying is if you want a brand new track picked, have it up for download before we finish racing the night before. Why you're against having MORE TIME to finish a track is beyond me.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73403

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
How does that give me more time?? If I am making a new track every day then it's hard to have them done 24 hours in advance if I don't start making it until I win the night before. I'm not making new tracks if I don't have time to make them until the next afternoon after I win. I'm not gonna make 20 tracks just to have them sitting on my computer waiting until I win. After I win then I go online to find good tracks to make and then make them. We can race Path Valley tonight, but your rule of not running the same track more than once in a month completely killed that, because the Path Valley we ran tonight would be so different in a week and wouldn't even be like the same track so it would be pointless to have ran it tonight since it wouldn't have shown anything on the grip or anything like that since I didn't have time to do that yet. If you would allow beta's to be ran twice a month it would solve that and we could have done Path Valley tonight and then again in a week or so after improvements have been made (many of the improvements based off how it ran tonight), but it's hard to improve something if you can only get a beta tested once per month no matter how much work needs to be done to it after.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73404

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
We're not running Path Valley we're running Charlotte because there is no Path Valley.

If you want to test new tracks so badly, there is nothing on Monday nights. Hold a fun run at the new track to test it, make changes from there. Every night when there is a new track available, something is said before we run the A to get whoever wins to pick it. I don't know how the rule of only going to a track once a month killed this new track since its been a rule since I've had 11pm and you didn't start making new tracks every week until December. We'll run Path Valley whenever you get it uploaded.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73405

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Well considering nobody ever shows up to Fun Run's anymore that is a waste of time and waste for effort. They show up to 11pm (usually) because it's established nightly series that most everyone already knows about. And maybe you could adjust the rule for NEW tracks so they can be tested two times a month, at least a week apart from each other. But it won't matter anyway because if you're suddenly making a NEW RULE to inhibit track making by forcing the track to already be out the day before the race then there's no point for me to make new tracks in my mind. It's funny that you will make a new rule like that which hurts new tracks coming to the game, but you won't make a rule that allows for two tests a run of new tracks. And I don't know how it's been since you took over, but back in the day when MM had 20+ cars a night they would run a track multiple times if it was a beta that needed more testing after more progress was made.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73406

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Pretty much if I won tonight I wouldn't be able to make a brand new track for tomorrow like I have been. I'd have to pick some old track that has been run 800 times.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73407

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Well this isn't Midnight Madness anymore. That's been gone for 4 years, possibly longer. There were 20+ cars showing up at midnight back then because there were 20-30 cars showing up EVERYWHERE. The ONLY reason there even is an 11pm show anymore is because I'm keeping it going. Remember when I stopped and somebody else took over? It folded after 4 nights and there wasn't an 11pm show for months until I brought it back. BW is gone, B1 is hit and miss, Duster doesn't want it, there is nobody around anymore that wants to put on the show at 11pm anymore. There's barely anybody wanting to put on a show at 8:30/9pm!

There's over 800 tracks. If you won I'm sure you could find something that's been forgotten about and hasn't been ran in forever.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73408

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
11PM and we're calling it a night. Only 2 cars sitting in vent. Going to try this new Charlotte again tomorrow night.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73409

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

J-MAC wrote: There's over 800 tracks. If you won I'm sure you could find something that's been forgotten about and hasn't been ran in forever.

So basically you are saying there's no point in creating new tracks because there are "over 800" already. Gotcha. And maybe they have been forgotten about and not ran in forever because they suck. But if you want to keep running the same 800 tracks (only probably 200 of them you'd allow at 11pm because the rest are unraceable or clones of every other track) then go for it and I will quit wasting my days making all new tracks for this old game. If you want the final nail in dtr2s coffin just wait until there's nothing new coming out at all.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73410

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I would ask if I could remove the current Charlotte and repost another version tonight or tomorrow morning of it to make the high side a little better but I'm guessing the answer is no.

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73421

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Race #12
3/17/17
DTAC 2017

7 cars.
A main: VLR_JW, VLR_38x, VLR_Shock, blake28, J-MAC, Deadbolt, JFR_97

Win count:

VLR_Shock- 3
*VLR_JW- 3
VLR_Atwood- 1
J-MAC- 1
JFR_Faschek- 1
Blake28- 1
18- 1

JW triumphs after out dueling Bubba to win his 3rd of the month! Track pick for Sunday night 3/19/17 will be a trip back to an 11pm favorite as we head to Brownstown 2014 slick

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73453

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Race #13
3/19/17
Brownstown 2014 Slick

10 cars.
A main: SKM_18, VLR_Shock, VLR_JW, VLR_Bubba, SKM_DS5, JFR_Faschek, J-MAC, Blake28, Trackpacker, JFR_Duster

Win count:

VLR_Shock- 3
VLR_JW- 3
*SKM_18- 2
VLR_Atwood- 1
J-MAC- 1
JFR_Faschek- 1
Blake28- 1

Wheel returns to victory lane for the 2nd time this month, besting a full field of competitors! Track pick for Monday night 3/20/17 will be a visit to another brand new track as we head to Ogilvie Speedway

SDR Night Run March 2017 7 years 1 week ago #73454

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
***Ogilvie is just a beta for now, will be final after 11pm in a day or two***

Should be awesome race.

For the wimps, yeah it's a little slick. If you can drive though it's gonna be super racy and a blast!!!

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 66 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form